3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Dartflame 16.10.20 07:30 pm

Global strategies

I don't understand this genre. And I don't understand why I don't understand, because in general I like strategies. I like rts - I've played the third varik, starcraft, wahu, empire era all my childhood. I like tactical rts - I played behind enemy lines and some more, in general quite good. I like step-by-step strategies. One of my first PC games was Bitter 17. Naturally, the lumps passed too and I liked them all. I like economic strategies - I played most of the anno games and of course in the simsity in my time.

Not to say that this is my favorite genre, but in general it is like me and comes. But with global strategies, I'm not at all good. I tried to start stelaris, civa and total thief, but even an hour can not force myself to play in them. Why is that?)
3 Comments
Sort by:
s
saa0891 16.10.20

Dartflame wrote:
I tried to start stelaris, civa and total thief, but even an hour can not force myself to play in them. Why is that?)
Why force yourself to play something you don't like at all?
And you do not like it apparently because the gameplay between RTS and global strategies is different, rtS pasted units and forward, and in the global strategy you need to understand all the intricacies, there are many more components and gameplay by the battles includes still a bunch of different mechanics and elements that require the player to take a more serious approach and study.

s
saa0891 16.10.20

Dartflame
By the way, if you like RTS very much advise the mod Generals zero Hour Contra 009 Final Patch 2, fashion is just awesome and smart enough, most striking how cool modd made units, buildings and protective turrets, really many developers can learn, well, and of course new Generals and a bunch of original abilities.
There is certainly no full-fledged company but there are a lot of different modes, generally fashion awesome.

D
Dartflame 16.10.20

saa0891
Maybe so. Perhaps I'm banal boring, there is usually almost no plot, the graphics are mediocre, everything looks like that unrealistic and a lot of need to poke around in numbers, tablets, etc., no active gameplay is almost non-existent.

saa0891

I'll see, thank you) as long as there is something to play, just against the background of free hands of chiva and total tried to join the genre, but not mine