3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Abbat76 16.10.20 07:31 pm

New logical elements. What can be achieved? (Fallout 4)

Welcome.

The theme is addressed to those who pick up in the sandbox provided to the players, in an attempt to create something interesting, to build something more complex than just a shed or a palace ;)

New logical elements have appeared in the latest additions. Therefore, the question is: has anyone already used the new logical elements of "and," "or," "excluding and," "excluding or," "excluding non-and," "excluding non-or"? In addition, the workshop already had some logical elements, mainly related to laser switches.

Tell us what is the best way to use them?
What was able to build with their help? What successful solutions and original ideas can be implemented with them?
20 Comments
Sort by:
R
Raffaello Extra 16.10.20

I don't know why Besezda put them in the game, they don't make any sense.

G
Gur1 16.10.20

I think there will be very few people who would take this seriously.

Z
Zolotko555 16.10.20

What I'm worth it for, but they didn't impress me at all. I got it and threw it up. . . . but there is a video where the kid's entrance with their help automated ... I wasn't impressed either.

M
Mag Otshelnik 16.10.20

I went to sancchuari hut and barn three floors.

H
Hedgic 16.10.20

I use a delay switch for "their" apartments. Or you come to sleep hungry and tired, and there sleeps a man with 3 days bristles ... :)
The door closes in 10 seconds. Now the tenants do not bother

And since AI is not able to simply turn on (anything), then the meaning in the logical elements is purely pinned to itself.

Well, I put machines with fireworks to disperse the clouds. I liked it, too. The sun is more like than radioactive thunderstorms :)

Z
Zolotko555 16.10.20

Hedgic wrote:
fireworks to disperse the clouds
that's what I like too!! especially it's high when you're in the headlight harbor. there are radioactive storms often and fireworks clearly help a lot... It is a pity that the developers did not give the settlers any reaction to them... like hooray sunshine))))

H
Hedgic 16.10.20

Yes. ungrateful :D

A
Abbat76 16.10.20

I'll explain why I created the theme:
very often, while I'm poking around in the settlement, there's a "nabig" who's a nobody. Therefore, the idea was born: to create a "corridor of death" with the help of logical elements. A corridor that leads inside the settlement, which has a narrow through passage, fenced with mesh at the edges (so that the passers-by do not dig). At the end of the corridor there are pressure plates. Pressing the first plate from the entrance side should result in several simultaneous actions: 1) closing the doors at both ends of the corridor. 2) Feed the heavy laser turrets outside the grid. 3) Turn on the door timer so that after destroying the enemy both doors reopened.

That is, to look at all this should be as follows: the enemy is drawn into the corridor, to penetrate inside the perimeter through the only entrance. After a while presses the plate not far before exiting and the corridor is blocked. Before the turrets are fed, the turrets are not the enemy, which means that the enemy calmly goes past them. But after blocking the turrets are simultaneously activated and attack the enemy. The grid does not allow hand-to-hand to get close to the turrets. In principle, for such a model may well approach a dozen rocket turrets, which will hit from the elevation, and from the ground level through the grid - heavy laser. After a period of time sufficient to guarantee the destruction of attackers, the timer pass reopens. The trap is ready to process a new portion of goals.

That was the idea. In principle, if there are traps with the claws of death, instead of turrets could be opened in the corridor of them ) Yes, a lot of things can be invented on logical triggers.

44lok 16.10.20

Abbat76
It is true only in theory, and in practice the enemy is lashed out in a predetermined place of your settlement.
And they are up to the light bulb all the doors and passages with traps.
On the defense of the perimeter, many times here discussed - it's nonsense when the enemy is already on the territory of the settlement.
The locations of the attack can be calculated after a couple of attacks, they do not change.

p.s. Of course it is theoretically possible to fence the point spavn fence with one outlet in which the traps ... it doesn't guarantee that Nps will follow it.

A
Abbat76 16.10.20

Hehe. That's the point! he's going to go where he's going to have to go. Knowing this place, it is easy to make the enemy fall into the trap. All the NPS, wherever they are sleeping, go to the center of the settlement, which they must (allegedly) attack. Anyway, but after the sleep of enemies, they do not leave OT settlement ever - they follow to its center. And this path depends on it. what obstacles they need to get around. If there is only one entrance and it will pass through such a zone, the tracing of the route of the NPS will be through it.

I don't plan any perimeter defense. You don't need it. In the end, even in Sanctuary, knowing the routes of the enemies, I created for them such an entrance to the center of the settlement that they (with me) never reach. Moreover, they did not break a single seeding, although in the sanctuary I have plantations for the production of glue on a huge industrial scale)) I just did not expect logical decisions from the NPS, and adjusted the structure of the settlement and open routes to the standard points of respa and blunt logic of the NPS. now they always go where the places of concentration of defense are. The issue of banal defense of settlements has long been solved. I'm assuming I do something completely different.

Well, yes, if you think it's impossible, don't. It's a game and I'll try. In the meantime, I'm wondering how best to use the logical elements (besides, the settlement with defense on triggers in general will look like defenseless! until the trigger turns on the defense!). At the moment, playing I'm trying to find the most convenient place for these purposes, I do not want to rebuild already well-maintained and quite secure places.

A
Abbat76 16.10.20

Let me be clear. I have long noticed that to cover the perimeter of all the territory available for construction is not only expensive, but also completely unnecessary and inefficient business. It is much more profitable and tactically correct to build small areas. compact settlements in which some outbuildings are safer to isolate from the world at all and not to defend. For example, almost everywhere, I build nuclear generators either on the upper floors of their bases, or in dead ends, securely fenced concrete fences without the ability to enter. Thus, the area of settlement in need of defense is drastically reduced, which means that all points are spavated by enemies who are inside the space available for construction, however, are THE NOS settlement. This rule, of course, does not work in all locations. in some alleys or small ruins strictly adhere to the rule will not be possible, but in such places and points of spavna NPS are taken out of the built-up area. In general, in terms of the viability of the traps, I have no doubt - I will be able to apply them. And so I return to the question in the cap of the topic - which logical elements are better to apply. ))

A
Abbat76 16.10.20

Gur1
Of course you're right. Most players don't bother with construction. And if he builds something, but nothing more than a shed of a huge area, in which crams 30-50 power kits. And some in general and this does not bother - full of screenshots, where the "collection" is just on the ground in Sanctuary. And all the interest from the game in many comes down to banal running on the markers of tasks (although, as for me - what can be primitive ;)?

But I'm not addressing those who won't. And to those (if there are any). who does something besides pif-puff on markers)

44lok 16.10.20

Abbat76
You will be very surprised ... but enemies are normal so appear within the boundaries of settlements.
When you move quickly to a location....
They're right in the foundation of the house :)
And about who is what in the game is busy, so all without exception are busy with this;
Spoiler

A
Abbat76 16.10.20

In the foundation of which house which location? ) I repeat, it is necessary to build settlements more modestly. I've been playing Fallaut for the 5th, and I've had a lot of time inside the closed perimeter. Now - never. Do not build huge closed perimeters - the NPS should always have a path to the center of the settlement. If your settlement is closed to direct tracing - the program will generate NPS inside the perimeter, otherwise they will not be able to attack it ) This fifth time I again finished to the 75th level, but this time even the institute has not yet found. game in the first third of the passage - engaged in the development of settlements. Well, this time, not a single NPS was resused inside the settlements in my country. I overcame it.)))

B
BlackTigerTK 16.10.20

Abbat76 wrote:
Well, this time, not a single NPS was resused inside the settlements in my country.
Perhaps it is more correct to say that the settlement is built so that the point of the respana of enemies is outside it. No? Because the dots themselves cannot be moved without mods.

n
nikita2112 16.10.20

I'm thinking of all sorts of decorating do with their help. That everything flashed, shimmered with different colors. You can at least collect a whole processor from them. I just don't know how many of these elements the game can handle at a time. And the clock generator there is weak, a maximum of 0.5 Hz. That's not enough.

A
Abbat76 16.10.20

BlackTigerTK
That's absolutely true. I call the settlement not all the territory available to the building, but the group of buildings and points of interest, which are located settlers and which I defend. Spectacle Island in this sense is generally accessible to the development of absolutely the whole. Island-settlement. However, to build it all in any way possible, there is not enough limit for construction ) I'm not talking about security.

B
BlackTigerTK 16.10.20

Abbat76 wrote:
there is not enough limit for construction
The problem of the limit is easily solved by scrub of unnecessary weapons in the workshop mode. I have been using this method for a long time, for which I collect all pipe weapons. And not just him. The more modifications on the weapon, the faster the limit strip decreases:-)

O
Oleg Nikitin9111685 16.10.20

Well in theory you can use this logic to build a process in the game and then the computer itself with a screen and run on this phallus computer

l
longerr2007 16.10.20

Oleg Nikitin9111685
You're a dude)))