3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Reverrius 16.10.20 07:56 pm

Impressions of the game (Beyond a Steel Sky)

The theme for the experience of the game.

1 Comments
Sort by:
R
Reverrius 16.10.20

Not so long ago passed. :)

Sequel of the old-school point-and-click adventure of 1994 from the studio Revolution Software. The plot of Beyond a Steel Sky begins 10 years after the events of the original. In the role of Robert Foster, the player goes in search of a kidnapped child - a boy named Milo. A trail of kidnappers leads to Union City, a city that Foster left at the end of the first part, leaving under the guidance of his android friend Joey.

I will say at once, in B eneath a Steel Sky I did not play, so the retelling of the events of the original in the form of a comic book at the very beginning of the game, was very useful. So, Beyond a Steel Sky is a modern adventure in the sci-fi setting of "anti-utopia". The gameplay is built around solving puzzles, using found objects and dialogues with NPC. Of the distinctive "chips" - a scanner that is able to crack various objects on the location (including some droids). In general, the puzzles in the game are diverse and special complaints do not cause (although the scanner by the end of the game still boring). Setting and general perception of the project in some places resembles the universe of Borderlands. Yes, the game lacks deliberately absurd situations and funny moments.

But the locations in Beyond a Steel Sky are not enough and they are quite "camera". Of the memorable separately would single out the "Hall of Old History" where "artifacts" from the past are presented. But in general, there is a certain sense of budget savings in the design of locations. If we talk about the characters, that is, as curious NPC (like the droid-poet Tarquinia or the same Joey), and quite predictable and typical for such setting (for example, the curator of the Ministry of Well-being Alonso).

The main plot is moderately fascinating, despite the general linearity and "expected turns" at the end of the story. In general, it was the finale that seemed to me "stretched on the globe."

What's the bottom line? Beyond a Steel Sky is a good adventure in the "anti-utopia" setting, which can appeal to fans of the genre. Just don't expect much from her.

7/10