3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
h
hotpul123 16.10.20 07:57 pm

I want to move the map from the story to the editor (Far Cry 3)

Hello everyone, please help. Tell me, how can the original map on which we play the headlights edge, transfer to the editor of cards? To edit it... I need to!!
3 Comments
Sort by:
F
FileCrasher 16.10.20

hotpul123
I am almost 100% sure that it is not possible.
In addition, the map in the editor is limited in size. Even theoretically, it will not accommodate the entire game world of Far Cry 3.

G
Grandshot 16.10.20

The single-player card consists of individual terraine squares. And individually, each such square can be uploaded to the editor. But only after a long and complex reverse engineering the formats in which they are stored. There is a high probability that the maps stored in the editor and pieces of the singleplayer in the formats will have similar data, storing the map of heights and the location of objects, and then it will be possible to write a converter back and forth. But in the maps of the singleplayer stored a lot of specific data, type scripts, triggers, occluders and other things, with which the map editor does not work. In general, this is a big difficult task, so no one seriously engaged in it.

S
Sem Beker 16.10.20

hotpul123
A post from the development team:
Far Cry 3 exMod
June 13, 2015
Actions
#exModNews

This post is not too optimistic, but, as you know, even failure - it's still a step forward, not backwards and not even in place. Last week, I was fighting over what would:
1. View a map of Rook Island in the editor.
2. Slip your card into a single.
3. Increase the starting card in the editor 4 times.
4. Remove all starting weapons from the editor.
5. Discover scripts that work in the editor to tie their own.

Results:

"-" Fail, because the engine in the editor mode is a little wrong takes data about sectors, as the engine in the single.
But I found out that the editor's map isn't really a complete one. There are 64 sectors (size 64 to 64 meters) and for each sector there are about a dozen separate files with different contents. At the same time, the single has pre-calculated maps of shadows and other things. In the editor everything is dynamic, so such a small card (compared to the one from the single, can slow down - there some calculations are in real time, unlike the card from the single).

"-" Same fale and even for more reasons than in paragraph 1.
I learned that there is a library of spaoon points for a single with identifiers. In the editor I can not recognize the ID spawn, so the script can not sleep me on his own map and hangs endless download.

"-" Bye, the editor is flying out with a mistake.
In fact, there's a lot of routine work, so there's no final verdict. I've already created about 1,500 data files for new sectors (remember that I tried to increase them from 8 to 16, 16, i.e. 4 times) and I had to manually create data files for new sectors. At the same time, from the original 64 files of each species (about 10 species in total) turned out to be 256. In total I did only half the work in this direction.

"-" Partial Fail.
In the roundabout ways, I removed the AK47 and 6P9 from the starting set of inventory and everything is fine, but with the grenades everything is much worse (see the next point).

"-" Not found.
How it all went: before this post I published a recording with a flap open from the tower, after which I was awarded experience points. In general, all this should pass through the script: "domino"system"addxp.lua. The script is very simple, two parameters are served at the entrance (to whom and how many experience points are awarded), at the exit there is accrual through the appeal to the procedure CAPI_Player.GivePlayerXP. To check if this script works in the editor, I removed the body function, i.e. the script should not accrue experience points. Next, I packed the patch, opened the editor, placed a flap on the map, triggered the map check mode, opened the flap and... Experience points have been accrued. As? I do not know. There is an assumption that this is directly embedded in the FC3.dll itself. I do not know, but it is very bad, because in the end lua scripts in the redator do not work and I can not embed anything, attaching to some script.