3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
serega1121 21.10.20 10:23 pm

The impression of the game (Amnesia: Rebirth)

We share our impressions about the new Amnesia.
18 Comments
Sort by:
M
Metalist1925 21.10.20

So far I have only started, I can say that everything is on a level. Yes, at least, but I'm not an opponent of this mechanics. Lovecraft's spirit is soaring, which is great.
Of the downsides of technical flaws, when did not want to load the level (Stim persons.), helped restart the game

s
serega1121 21.10.20

Metalist1925
He himself has not played yet, but the reviews are mixed heard. Who says that cool type The Dark Descent, who says it's boring and td
Today, tomorrow I'll check it out.

A
ASkywalker 23.10.20

I'm just getting started, I'm waiting for the trayr's standards for matches, I don't like to poke blind. Here in the som and horror is normally felt and the locations are explored as it should. And this amnesia is very good presentation, you can feel the experience of development, the pace withstand, the views are beautiful to come across, artistically just tsatz, and Lavcraft notes yes. But the story does not catch on with the word at all. This "non-Russian" young lady with her accent, hubby, and worrying for a child, damn what he is. Empathy for her zero is simple.

s
sarge275 23.10.20

The game as a whole liked. You can see that Frictonal Games improve the skill of the gamedev. The graphics are as good as possible for a game with a similar budget, you can see the progress. Puzzles are simple, the Internet for passage do not have to climb. The plot is standard for the series. Scrimers can make you wince a couple of times per game.
The game is definitely not bad.
But still after the passage does not leave such bright impressions as SOMA. I've passed, I've forgotten.
Personally, I would like to next time from frictions something in the spirit of Penumbra and SOMA.

D
Dreaman4or 23.10.20

Good toy)

M
MrBuravhik 23.10.20

Metalist1925 sorry, and "thoughba" is from the word to want?

K
Kaid_Rim_Falar 23.10.20

Frictional Games - unequivocally masters of the genre that they again proved the new Amneja. Playing on a level. As a fan of the studio's creativity, and the genre as a whole, with great pleasure played a new walker-scarecrow. Admittedly, unlike past works, Amnesia: Rebirth throws the player into the abyss of events, and the octopus of the relationship of the participants of the story is a little discouraging, more from the surprise of such reception from frictional Games (too many actors at the start ... I didn't.
Desert dunes are replaced by dark caves with the tombs of once-deceased civilizations (and ... who else) evoke "pleasant" feelings de-ja-wau.
It turned out to be the kind of Amnesia Tomb Raider, even with a girl-GG. The narrative is remarkable, and the farther into the forest, the thicker the guerrillas. A ever-changing entourage has only gone to the benefit of the series.
Fear is enough, too. The scrimers are in place and are served very dosed, but "whiplash."
Well, it's a muse! I'm taking my hat off. The effect of immersion has the maximum effect to abundant defecation. But, as they say - imho.
I recommend 👍

K
Kaid_Rim_Falar 23.10.20

ASkywalker
ASkywalker wrote:
I'm just getting started, I'm waiting for the trayr's rules for matches, I don't like to poke blindly.
In my amateur opinion in this game to use a trainer, it is like jerking off in a condom. I myself can be indulged in cheats, but usually in order to save realtime. But then there's the whole GAME. Even the prologue on the title screen says that the goal here is not to win q)
SEE ALSO: But as they say, imho 😉

P
Protocol10 25.10.20

Probably against the general opinion I will go, but the game did not like. The graphics are very mediocre - for years it is 7-8 out of date. The plot is boring and its presentation is very dull. The game itself is not terrible and at least some of the slightest atmosphere of fear and tension is absent. For 2020, it's a sham.

23hudo 25.10.20

After the amazing SOMA wanted further evolution in this direction, but the developers thought, it is necessary to go back to where we started and to screw it up 10 times more. In SOMA was a plot, the game asked very difficult questions, well, and you were tritely wondering how the whole story can end, and after passing you had a lump in your throat and you for a while could not help but speculate on the proposed topic. Monsters in the game were in order to frighten you, and hide-and-seek with them were episodic and quite simple, in the aftermath was added mode, in which these monsters are exclusively part of the frightening scenery, which the game absolutely did not harm.
Immediately we have a suravivl in all fields - everything is dark, matches are small, the lamp quickly ends, in the dark in a step from the lantern you covers, in the sun fry, look at anything you can not feel - you can not feel like some autistic, who passes the floor of the game looking at the wall or just under his feet. Hide-and-seek monsters stupid and uninteresting, because you have no way to diversify them - sit in the corner and wait for him to come past (and it can take a long time, because they are stupid, but notice you for a kilometer). The plot is weak, from the threshold on you dump a ton of notes (I'm not kidding - sometimes a few pieces on one table can lie), unmissable flashbacks in a useless sloop. The whole game - it's some kisel, in which you constantly wither and it unfortunately works on the atmosphere only the first couple of hours, and then begins to banal annoying, when you have already understood everything and nothing is afraid, and the heroine is still shaking from each bunch - it just does not evolve with you during the game.
In general, the game is difficult to call bad, but those who were delighted with SOMA there is nothing to do.

T
Timskhall 25.10.20

Amnesia: Rebirth - Born the queen of the night: Honest REVIEW on CHEW FOR brains

Amnesia: Rebirth was waiting for all fans of the genre of horror and series of games with the prefix Amnesia. Fans of the series will not be happy with this video. But the game came out in general incomprehensible in what genre and for whom is designed. All the details in the video.

P
Panko 27.10.20

Timskhall
I'm a fan of the games of this studio and I will say bluntly that you said everything in the review - it's not understand what, not the game itself, and when you consider how amazing was the first part and SOMA, it would be better to go bankrupt and remain in the history of the game industry legendary studio, which made masterpieces and just went into the sunset.

D
Dron_Ur 27.10.20

I didn't like it at all, compared to the first and second part of some mess, a monotonous walker, a monotonous Arab desert, monotonous boring locations, a bunch of some kind of psychedelic, infuriating inserts of memories, infuriating gg. I don't recommend it. I'm going to play better. ...

K
K.e.k.s 27.10.20

I played an hour, I couldn't stand it any more. A very boring walker with tedious flashbacks and a bunch of notes. It's not scary at all, it's infuriating. You walk in total darkness and look only at your feet.

p
pump_plus 03.11.20

I liked the game. A mixture of the rebels from hell and the fantasy with the touch of Lovecraft.
The only soundtrack is not very, to create an atmosphere the music must be appropriate. The graphics are normal. Played in general in 30 phps, for such games so interesting.

T
Tulskiy Pocik 12.11.20

Reached the flashlight, the game - meaningless nonsense. Most of all infuriates the accent of Gg-shka. Hell - hel, etc. I am very glad that people, judging by the comments above, finally begin to think with their heads and understand that the Fricksions have already rolled below nowhere. I realized this back in 2010, when after a posh trilogy Penumbra they released all cut and dull first Amnesia. Even the pig machine from other developers was better. But now you've finally started to understand the games. It can't help but delight. And I'm going to tick this stuff. I've only played for two hours, and not a single monster.

R
Reverrius 14.11.20

When the Swedes from Frictional Games announced the sequel to Amnesia on March 6, it was a real gift for all fans of the cult horror. And after not meeting the expectations of Resident Evil 3, all the hopes of fans "tickle their nerves" and did fall on Amnesia: Rebirth. But were the developers able to revive the series?

The events of the new part take place 100 years after the events of Amnesia: The Dark Descent. 1937, a plane with a research archaeological team crashes in the Algerian desert. The main character of the game, Tasi Trianon, recovers in a crashed plane and discovers that lost memory, and the whole group disappeared somewhere. Gathering strength, she goes to the Algerian desert in search of other survivors, including her husband Salim, who was by her side at the time of the plane crash.

Alas, the first impressions of Amnesia: Rebirth are beaten by a strict sense of disappointment. The player is led through a similar and designer inexpressive cave, then thrown to wander in the darkness of "The Other Dimension" ("a simulator walking in the dark"?), and then returned to the Algerian desert, in which as nowhere visible all the technical flaws of the outdated engine HPL Engine 3. Fortunately, when you want to turn off the game from melancholy, it still leads the player to the first elaborate and atmospheric location - "Fortress in the Desert." Here begins "the same Amnesia": with an alarming sense of constant danger, well-chosen tasks and careful economy of matches/oil for the lamp. The latter, by the way, are spent very quickly, which causes sincere bewilderment limit on the number of matches transferred in the inventory. It only fits 10 matches! In addition, the developers are saddened by the refusal of indicators of physical and mental health (yes, they were removed by The Chinese Room in A Machine for Pigs), as well as from the usual "death" too - yes, the heroine as if "moved" a little back, but at the same time keeping all the actions committed by the player.

Here's in terms of the development of sting, Amnesia: Rebirth is definitely the main part of the series at the moment. After all, the player will not only visit the same "Other Dimension" from where Alexander Brenenburg came from, but also in the ancient tomb, which at one time was discovered by the archaeological expedition of Professor Herbert (part of which was the hero of the first part - Daniel). In general, the landscapes and locations of the "Other Dimension" (except for staggering through this dark world at the very beginning of the game), will definitely be remembered by the player, and closer to the final, the developers will throw a well-designed and difficult "moral choice" directly related to the events that took place in that dimension.

As for the horror, in addition to the elaborate "Fortress in the Desert", I personally remember a nest of ghouls with "sleeping" monsters around. But the second type of monsters, which faces Tasi - "Reaper" looks like a kind of dementor, despite its visual effect, does not scare. In general, in terms of atmosphere and overall suspense, the game is definitely inferior to the first part. And a number of other successful colleagues on the shop floor. But the riddles, as before - are organically woven into the setting of the game.

The main theme of Rebirth is motherhood, mother's love for her child. Then the developers tried to cause the player emotions and drama. By the way, in Rebirth, as in Amnesia: The Dark Descent, at the end we will be waiting for the choice that determines the end of the game. I can not speak for other finals, but the one that I chose (and which I think is the most logical), turned out to be very unsaid and precipitous.

So could Frictional Games revive the series? Unfortunately, no. Amnesia: Rebirth came out valuable in terms of sting development, and it definitely has a number of memorable moments, puzzles and locations, but gameplay with a series of simplifications and controversial "chips", technically outdated engines, miscalculations in horror-component and atmosphere, do not allow Amnesia to return to the pedestal of glory.

7/10

K
Kay Owald 07.02.22

A research expedition plane crashes in the Algerian desert. And this is immediately a big minus for me, because I hate deserts in games and do not like Middle Eastern motifs in general.
The locations, however, are quite interesting, an abandoned French fort, no less abandoned Roman ruins and some even more ancient ones, and then in general /spoiler/. Okay, but there aren't enough stars from the sky.
The engine is old. Occasionally there are impressive views, look for notes, turn everything in your hands, etc. solving simple but good puzzles is interesting, good work with the light, but, of course, the game feels old. Including the fact that the FPS is a maximum of 60. In the game of 2020. This is some kind of shame ... And what kind of skin texture is there ... it will be worse than any local monsters.
A big plus is that there is a story mode when monsters do not run after you. I love such games, but for the plot and the world, and not for the monsters, it's good that there is such a thing.
Monsters, by the way, are not encouraging. Let's just say - crap, not monsters. Previously, the developers had much more imagination. Well, but the agendas are stuffed!
The story is not bad, but the fact that we play as a pregnant girl is somehow ... on the one hand, a hackneyed technique, and on the other hand, in places it is too physiological. Fu, in short. There are good moments, but you understand a lot very quickly, and in general ... not as impressive as past works. It was especially funny how dozens of times some events occur through the fall of the heroine. Now through the floor, then somehow. And this happens so often that it becomes frankly difficult to take the plot seriously.
To produce such an average product after Soma - a masterpiece of science fiction!? Unacceptable.
In general, instead of moving forward, they not only mark time, but also take a clear step back. Fans of such games should take a look, but realizing that this is, to put it mildly, not Soma. Even the Pigs seem to have been more original.
6.5/10