3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
ArtyVision 09.11.20 10:54 pm

Two by 8GB VS one for 16GB

I'm putting together a new systemer. The question for connoisseurs is simple: what is better to take now - two bars of 8 GB or one bar for 16 GB.
I understand that now the standard of the game PC is 16 GB, and it is logical to take two for 8 for a two-channel, but since I collect the basis of the systemer (mother and percent.) for a maximum of 10 years, in the future 16GB will be small, and to stick the mother 4 plank on 8gb each probably not very effective in terms of consumption and heat production.
What would you choose?
7 Comments
Sort by:
L
Lex-one 09.11.20

ArtyVision
ArtyVision wrote:
and to stick the mother 4-bar on 8gb each probably not very effective in terms of consumption and heat output.
Why would you do that?
It's better to have two for eight than one on 16.
Then you'll sell these two for eight and buy two for 16.
If there's no money.

n
neoandpha 09.11.20

ArtyVision
looking at what to do behind the computer, if there are thoughts to dive into all sorts of premieres, then 16Gigs of general memory will seem nothing
there's nothing wrong with the set, but it's better to collect it not from the vinaigrette of different dies, but to put one set of kit

M
Marsj 09.11.20

2x8gb approximately 2x16gb
Spoiler

L
Lex-one 09.11.20

Marsj
A person is not interested in performance, but
ArtyVision wrote:
probably not very effective in terms of consumption and heat output.

l
lokkie 09.11.20

ArtyVision wrote:
for a maximum of 10 years, the prospect of 16GB will be already small,
If only in 10 years, in the igors. )

ArtyVision wrote:
What would you choose?
I would choose performance, which is critical in modern games, especially if they are without optimizon. )
For two-channel, the maximum bar is 8GB, because the maximum bandwidth on the memory bus for modern processors is 30-40GB/s for four e-fus. It's either 2 x8 or 4 x8. You can stumble anything, the question for what, and how it will work. The same 10900K supports 128GB, they can be put, only work it will be at the speed of a dead turtle. It's the same if you put 32GB on two corrugies, 16GB, the data rate will be cut in half with all the flowing. But, it is relevant for the tangoes, if you have something else for you, for example, for work, then put nothing terrible.

A
ArtyVision 09.11.20

Marsj, Lex-one
Thanks for the video. The work of the two-channel is clearly visible, the increase is about 15fts.
Yes, 2 by 8GB will be the best choice at the moment, and in 5 years will be seen.
There would be a comparison of 2 x16GB against 4 x8GB to look, but I assume there will be almost no difference.

A
ArtyVision 09.11.20

1*32GB vs 2*16GB vs 4*8GB RAM Test
Spoiler
Unexpected result in favor of 4 by 8GB in some games, here everything sticks in the percentage and whether it supports all the face value.