3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Reverrius 15.11.20 02:00 pm

Impressions of the game (The Dark Pictures: Little Hope)

Theme for gaming experiences
4 Comments
Sort by:
R
Reverrius 16.11.20

The new chapter of the horror anthology The Dark Pictures from the studio Supermassive Games. The first part was dedicated to the ghost ship "Ourang Medan", now in front of us a ghost town called "Little Hope". Sources of inspiration include "Silent Hill" and "The Blair Witch."

The bus with a group of students and a teacher (only 5 people, not counting the driver) gets into an accident near the town of Little Hope. Staying near the bus makes no sense and the characters decide to go to the city for help. Little Hope's story is similar to the story of Salem, in which in the past also executed "witches", and after the closure of the factory in the 70s - the town is almost completely deserted. The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope, as well as the studio's past projects, is a youth horror movie in the format of "interactive cinema". From the decisions and actions of the player depends on the end, as well as which of the characters to it will get alive. I myself have passed the game twice: in joint and single modes. It is worth noting that despite the good non-linearity in terms of survival/death of the characters, the general direction of the plot and a series of locations - quite defined by the writers of the game, and the system of relationships and not brought to mind (as in Man of Medan). As for the distinctive character traits (such as "bravery," "uncertainty", etc.), they now affect the finale of the game, which would be a plus if it were not executed in such a sharp and clumsy way (the developers seem to throw players in the face of "Wanted to influence the characters? Wanted?! Eat and choke!").

As for the main puzzle and the plot in general, then the developers have saved a certain twist in the finale, which is not easy to solve in the course of the game. This is not Man of Medan, where the prologue was already "all clear." Another nice moment is the variative "ghost" (I won't spoiler). By the way, the design of ghosts is made qualitatively, but the archetypes of the characters, except of course the curator, are again formulaic (however, as in most other "youth horrors"). And the town itself looks more collective way from other games/films, than a fully developed world with its unique atmosphere.

Supermassive Games took into account the criticism of zTE (which were too sharp and hardcore in Man of Medan) and now before the appearance of the right button on the screen, the player is shown a certain icon-warning. Despite the mediocre characters of the characters, the desire to "save them all" or at least those who are still alive - does not leave until the finale.

In single mode, the game takes place in one breath for 4-5 hours. However, I prefer the cooperative mode. Co-passing allows you to see a solid portion of the content, inaccessible in single mode. And delivers much stronger than the game alone!

The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope, like the previous part, is not a project that aims to take a special place in the heart of the player, give him "food for the mind" or sponsor the construction of a brick factory in the backyard, no. Little Hope is a "couple of evenings" with which you can have a good time. No more, no less.

7/10

a
alien367 20.12.20

Walking with a tuda-syudy lantern ... sometimes press the buttons ... it's boring ... and the count is not very ... it takes 5 hours for 5 hours, it's not really worth it! this is an amateur ... was on the ultra. (pirate) 8300-1060-16ram-win.10. I forgot! System requirements:
Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 / AMD FX-8350
RAM: 8 GB of RAM
Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti / AMD Radeon HD 8570, DirectX 12
Disk space: 55 GB // /.

A
Anomaliya100500 07.01.21

I liked this part even more than Man of Medan. The story is somehow closer to me - all these wanderings through an abandoned village and forest, ghosts and visions from the past. At the same time, the plot turned out to be very confusing. They gave so many hints, false clues, distracting maneuvers that in the end I did not understand the answer. Only a part of the story was able to reveal on its own, but not the last twist.

The gameplay has changed. Added warnings before the QTE appears, which makes the game really easier and it seems to have lost an additional element of fear. It was possible, because of your own sluggishness, not to have time to react, but now you definitely won't miss it. Because of this, it is quite easy to keep everyone alive and there is no such tension.
I think a difficulty level should have been added in the settings to disable this feature.

Duration about 5 hours, standard for the genre.

I have positive impressions of the game, a folding story, in places it scares and catches up with creepy, it is interesting to learn the plot. And it was interesting to replay again, in order to see the situation from the other side, make other decisions and complete the missed collectibles.

S
Spyder-man 28.10.21

here the plot and control is better than the first part, the rest is the same as I wrote there.
the parts are not connected, each part is a separate story, the first one just came out earlier.