3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
I
InterfaceSpace 02.12.20 01:00 am

Help, be kind. (Diablo 2)

I have wine10 would like to play on your server in d2 boats, help downloading a bunch of different customers not one does not start, tried compatibility modes, also did not work, worked once only in VidTest'om. Send please) give links what and where to download starting with the customer. Thank you in advance.
15 Comments
Sort by:
f
firkax 02.12.20

It is necessary not different customers to download and one - official images of discs from the nears, everything else is just a hotbed of problems.
Images can be downloaded from the site of the nears by entering the key. If there is no key (although it is better to buy) - you can look elsewhere, is easy, but pirate links can not be posted here.
1.13d and 1.14d (first - better) are supported from the official nearby versions. But it's even better to update it with this patch after installing a client with a disk: https://forums.playground.ru/diablo_2/server/font_color_008866_alternativnyj_klient_font-688911/

With win10 forever the same problems, it is better of course to remove it and install win7. But if not - you can try the compatibility mode with win7 for the game.

G
Grinaaa Morningstar 02.12.20

InterfaceSpace
Don't make a fatal mistake in your life, just ignore the user above.

S
Sweety_Mustard 02.12.20

firkax wrote:
With win10 forever alone problems, it's better to certainly remove it and install windows 98
Advice from the maestro.
I thought it had long been thrown on the well-known site (old games with compatibility fixes for new axes), looked there - but no - there's only the first part plus half-beef and a thousand devils - even there in the know about the problems of the playground :D DD - "Excellent acquisition - better than the legendary drop" People, the drop on the pg has become a NO.1

U
Uncle Fred 02.12.20

Compatibility, video test and admin rights to help.

L
Luzinkpot 02.12.20

InterfaceSpace
I've got a good game in the top ten (if you know what I mean).

a
aaaaaSHKA 02.12.20

InterfaceSpace wrote:
I'd like to play on your server in d2 boats, help
it's a good thing you noticed that something was wrong with your head and asked for help in time. So the treatment will be much more effective. Urgent to the psychiatrist!

3m3m 02.12.20

Uncle Fred
+

F
FludoTron 02.12.20

firkax wrote:
With win10 forever one problem
In general, there were no problems on the top of the past ever with d2 (statistics from the laptop, comp, and homeless tablet on the wind for 3k), but with seven was a problem with the drop of the game, by the way, yes. But that's a problem on the server side, I think.

f
firkax 02.12.20

not with a d2 problem, but in general
You work and someone doesn't.
and on normal systems just works and do not need to find out anything (although here and seven questions arose, and completely without questions worked on xp)
the server doesn't care what OS you have.

F
FludoTron 02.12.20

firkax
Since Vista, the core of the wind has not changed much. Yes, the ten have screwed up a new shell, but the old one hasn't gone anywhere either. About the problems are controversially very, they are often because of updates are, and because on a dozen people without brains do not know how to turn them off - get out problems because of raw updates. I once moved from iron with 1151 socket and hedg to iron with alixpress (xeon, basement Chinese mother, decommissioned server memory). Well, when I ssd my old stuck with 1151 platforms, all the wood in seconds 5 pulled up and for a year everything works without a single problem, even to re-install nothing had to. With seven hemorrhoids would be the minimum for the evening.

f
firkax 02.12.20

it's not about the core of the matter, it's the murky "security" policies.
me once someone asked to help confuse the multi-window on the wine8
so, d2, just installed with the disk (1.13 sort), worked
with d2m or with unpacked viola client - stupidly not launched, that is, did not write any errors and diagnostics, but simply did not start, and to obtain from the wind farm the justification for such behavior could not be
decided to copy the entire folder d2 on the desktop - from there launched
in win7 such a krap was not anyone, there only (compared to winxp) it is necessary to trace that there were rights to record in the folder of the game

R
RomanDII 02.12.20

I had almost no problems, wine10, the only thing after the installation was not launched by the client, although he realized that he did everything right, restarted the system and went.

did so:
Put the game LoD 1.09 (I have old discs)
copied D2MUSIC files. M.I.S. and d2video.mpq in the game folder so that the game is run without a disk
cleaned to 1.0.7. LOD Repair (https://www.playground.ru/diablo_2/file/lod_repair-857473)
put a version of the client PG
another Russifier thrown, works through the command -direct
and how it turned out to be a reboot

the only negative in wine10 graphics only works when choosing 2D (in video test), even glide does not help, in 3D works, but dark and do not work brightness adjustments /gamut in settings, but it does not matter, in the launch of 2D the fundamental difference does not see

F
FludoTron 02.12.20

firkax
Well, yes, they cover the holes, sometimes it even prevents two different computers on the wind to interact with each other, if on one rolled up new. On the home computer, security is not particularly necessary, I do not argue. But when you follow the fleet of cars in a hundred other, it will not hurt, let sometimes and creates problems. But this is the cornerstone of security, the higher the level of security - the more difficult to perform some operations ) By the way, on home computers just good to put the editors of Home, and not Pro and Enterprise, as many do.

S
Sweety_Mustard 02.12.20

FludoTron wrote:
it's just a good idea to put Home editors on home comps.
So there's the same security the same - all these windows "if you did it, then go on," account control and stuff. At the same time, significant restrictions - on the operation, the number of cores, administration (disabling the protection of the record from under the guest to the ntfs for example) etc., etc.
Oftop the end, it's just heresy, and I had to go with fire and sword - home and other trimmings made stupidly to fill the price niche, so that the bums do not climb the torrents behind the rebel.

F
FludoTron 02.12.20

Sweety_Mustard
I mean, the user won't be making up group policies, encryption, and other tricks. Why would he want it dead? 90% of people who go here even can not download diablo, let alone the rest, and further desktop do not go.