3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
Timur Bondarenko 02.12.20 01:13 am

It doesn't start. Hanging in the task manager and that's it (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat)

After allowing the game to restart, it doesn't start a second time, hangs in the x-ray engine task manager, and nothing happens
29 Comments
Sort by:
R
Ricch 02.12.20

Hello.

Perhaps the problem is that the official version of the game does not support Windws 10, if you refer to the system requirements prescribed in Steam. You can try running the game in compatibility mode with old systems. To do this, click the right button on .exe file or game label, select the compatibility tab and install Windows XP or Windows Vista (try both). Also check to see if your computer meets these system requirements.

There is also a possibility that you downloaded a substandard version of the game containing an error. If the first option did not help you, the solution to this problem will be either download another version, or buy the game in Steam and try it, including in compatibility mode. If the purchased game still won't work, Steam will be able to request a refund (provided you don't have more than two hours to play), so you won't lose money.

For a better search for a solution, of course, in matters of this kind, it is advisable to specify the components of your computer and the error that occurs (probably there was some text that can indicate the cause of the error).

D
Denis Kyokushin 02.12.20

Timur Bondarenko
After the reboot Win starts?

Ricch
All stalkers on Win 10 go without problems, no capacity they do not need even on disc versions

T
Timur Bondarenko 02.12.20

Denis Kyokushin
Yes, after restarting the wind/ reinstallation of the game works fine. But to restart every time the comp, when the stalker decided to fly out, there is no desire

T

Ricch
There's no mistake, just hanging the x-ray engine process in the task manager and that's it. Completing the usual
ryzen 5 3600 gtx 1650 super

D
Denis Kyokushin 02.12.20

Timur Bondarenko
A pirate? License?

T

Denis Kyokushin
There is both

D
Denis Kyokushin 02.12.20

Timur Bondarenko
I have a problem with running the disk version in DX11:
Spoiler
DX9
DX10

L
Lex-one 02.12.20

Denis Kyokushin
I'm sure the patches will affect.
Try the gog version, it doesn't count as piracy.

D
Denis Kyokushin 02.12.20

Lex-one
I have a GOG version, a license (activated by a key from the disk).
And here's the GOG version in DX11:
Spoiler

I tried re-launch again, but the 7950 left on the defaulted 800MHz, and the game started.But it was worth the core 7950 to raise to 1000Mhz:
Spoiler
It's not the first time I've noticed that there's no start when you're going to start.

Timur Bondarenko
In general, personally I have influence on the launch of the license GOG acceleration card.

c
chocolatka2016 20.08.21

I solved the problem like this. RMB on the shortcut of the stalker-Properties-Compatibility-Use the screen resolution 640x480, it helped me, I no longer restart the computer.

S
SgAkErRu 28.10.21

I deleted pctrlchk.dll in the game folder (where xrEngine.exe is located) and it helped.

M
MiduzaLSD 03.11.21

SgAkErRu
Thank you kind person, deleted and everything is ok

a
antishok80 12.11.21

SgAkErRu
Just a huge thank you from the bottom of my heart. I also suffered all the more right now, I put 11 Windows, I thought because of it everything, but no, your method fixed everything thanks

B
BIGssdl 12.11.21

what is this "version" with pctrlchk.dll? I do not have such a file in any of the 6 different assemblies :)

P
Prosto_Lis 24.11.21

Helped too, thanks

B
BUryAKDimA 16.12.21

SgAkErRu
is huge, thank you.

R
RIMMARAMMA 09.01.22

SgAkErRu
Thank you, dear man, he helped out a lot)) but the method (properties, compatibility and setting to use the screen resolution of 640x480 did not help) if it is useful to someone

R
RIMMARAMMA 09.01.22

BIGssdl
Most likely I think so in the original of this file is not, but if the mod is the file is

42249otto 20.02.22

The pctrlchk.dll file is in the GOG version.

C
Cude 02.06.22

SgAkErRu
Thank you friend! Helped me!