3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
g
gennaz 02.12.20 01:17 am

How much video memory does video memory need in 2020-21?

Testing the new games, I made sure that they began to use about 8 gb Vram or even more and this in the resolution of 1920s1080.
Call of Duty Cold War

Doom Eternal the ancient gods part one

Horizon zero down

Serious Sam 4

Hyper scape

The question is what to take from the next generation of GPU

RX 6800 16 gb or 3070 8 gb
Please give your opinion (reasoned).
10 Comments
Sort by:
R
Ryazancev 02.12.20

gennaz
Everything is correctly noticed, for high and ultra. High - correction of some parameters of graphics for the optimal FPS. Most often, the result of the correction is indistinguishable from Ultra, even with a detailed examination of the screens.
1920*1080-8Gb
2560-1440-10-11-12Gb without x4 SMAA
4K-16Gb
It should be remembered that smoothing on the basis of multisampling (smoothing on the principle of increasing resolution) is strongly Och. it's a JOR. Even modern "reviewers" inadequately test the seers twisting this setting on Max. Value.
The RX 6800 is more suitable for the 2560-1440 on high and ultra.
RTX 3070 for FULL HD with beams (a little memory for more). She'd have 11-12Gb and she wouldn't have a price.
Invision as always on chips is greedy. The GPU chip itself is not bad, and the lack of memory is already on 2560 to 1440

I
InboxM 02.12.20

gennaz
Now the most at least 6GB.
If you have a reserve for the future, you would take 3080 at once.

A
AnPei 02.12.20

gennaz
You are strained by the use of dedicated memory, so up to 100% as to the moon on foot (or almost)
Spoiler

g
gennaz 02.12.20

Ryazancev
Thank you for a competent, unwrapped answer, I think about the same. The RX 6800 will be the preferred choice for future games in 2021.

S
Spiny 02.12.20

Memory in a graphics card is not the main thing. There are other options. I'm not going to say exactly what amD and Nvidia are going to say about the confrontation. The fact is that I have long moved to the side of the Greens, but earlier I remember that AMD won on speed and 2 identical cards (1 from Nwidia and another from AMD), the AMD often won on speed and won a little performance in games. Let you have at least 100 gb of memory on board, but if this memory itself is slow, then nothing will help you ...

g
gennaz 02.12.20

Spiny
In the new generation, this is all right gddr 6'infinity cache' frequency of GPU and memory.
Especially the RX 6800 on the beta driver in shreds tore 3070.
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
So 16GB of video memory at the RX 6800 is very much to the point.

g
gennaz 02.12.20

InboxM
The 3080 10GB video memory is enough for zHD and that's not a fact.

I
InboxM 02.12.20

gennaz
Not a fact, but you can take if you can.

M
MunchkiN 616 02.12.20

In general until 16GB need them need if the game will be ultra-h to do.
10-11GB after the release of consoles and the first games only for them it is possible to demand the frames for one season.
those most likely will not be games in this period of time that will be a total of more than 10 frames in full hp in total maximum ultramax (msea x8 for example according to my bake calculations allows 350-500mb) dd for the weak spirit. The resolution of the ikran hardly adds more than 2GB but this depends on the technology of all sorts.
for physical launches of ultres it is possible to have enough 8gb but this thread is thread. how it's so over already. I underestimated the last generation I underestimated the thought that long will be soap cilantro on the bake port and in the previous generation and did not wait for the games massively 1GB down on the average basically there was all 512 mb. so the truth of extrapolation is somewhere in between. Well, the memory should not be less than available console - and this is a good question how much it is available (5-9GB is possible).
I myself for more volume - because my philosophy of upgrades is to sit on a quad so that there were ultrs sacrificing only smoothing and resolution until the card goes below 30fps. (all the charosho when the drills and the map do not cross the threshold below 30fps and yell there itself in the systemer) so for example on the experience of the last generation on a powerful gpu but with small frames I was a little uncomfortable and some games I did not run and I considered the option of downreid under more colic in the frame if to choose between different pain.

g
gennaz 02.12.20

Six months ago, 1060 3 gb felt quite good in games.
Spoiler
And now it barely pulls new games.
As things change quickly, today 6-8 GB of video memory is still enough, and in six months it will be the minimum for the launch of games.