3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
APSG420 03.12.20 02:15 am

Graphics and game-making technology

The graphics of the games are undeniably improving over time. But even more expensive and the games themselves, and especially the components of the computer. Most players do not have the ability to use high-quality graphics technology, up to the failure of games due to a weak "iron".

What's going on? It will be clearer to understand the example. If in any game the main character to stand face against the wall, the image will be in the form of a piece of textures of the wall. But the game continues and all the same computer resources go to ensure the gameplay in the location of the game. That is, for the player nothing happens except a static image on the screen, and all the power of the computer is directed to an invisible virtual game. That's the trouble. It's time to rethink game-making technology to ensure maximum quality within the player's range and the rest of the world at a minimum.

And one more thing. Who has a Full HD monitor. Watch the video at: 1.
2. 4K Splendors of Switzerland - 4K Video Ultra HD – YouTube
The 1080p monitor is pretty good with a high-quality original image.
7 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 03.12.20

APSG420
On the view of the graphon is the ultimate beautiful
What's going on? It will be clearer to understand the example. If in any game the main character to stand face against the wall, the image will be in the form of some stain.
No. there is technology that detects an invisible image if it is very necessary. For example, umbra. In most modern it is not necessary for a number of reasons. secondly, all modern normal engines have the ability to disable geometry that is not visible (mostly around the camera viewing angle). there only shading is left without some costly things.
but for a quality graphon with a full 3D reflection or mouth requires the treatment of what is not visible in the camera review but it can be simplified. I don't know how it works.
What's the point of hitting a wall and seeing 110fts turn away there's a forest of conifers and 40fts? And if you lay under the texture of a peck-bake...
so the wheel is long overdue.

A
APSG420 03.12.20

MunchkiN 616
The word stain has replaced the piece of textures, although that doesn't change the substance. At the same time, monitoring shows high loading of basic components, increased temperatures, gigabytes of used memory, unsatisfactory FPS. That is, modern optimization of hidden processes is not enough. That's why I express my opinion on the need to develop new technologies for creating games up to new "engines". I do not see a promising way to introduce an expensive super-jelly computer.

M
MunchkiN 616 03.12.20

APSG420
In the game 3D graphics rather it is important to process the level zone where the player is as it is all necessary for accurate direct and indirect lighting of reflections etc. plus some things would be nice to shift to a gpu and back to broadcast data from the gpu (e.g. real surface relief after tessulation).
dx12 can even earlier like a will disassemble complex geometry. those for example have houses as a stalker but with apartments one full model. There will be a large load of mupping shads but smaller than with modular design and a type of bake magic will cut off invisible walls in toilets and rear balconies. But I'm not sure. in any case, it is most likely an analysis of landfills on the tspa. and the development itself modularly most likely compositions logical make. I suspect it doesn't really matter.
and as if the textures and materials of the species are especially lol. for them, the main load is z-composition and transparency. it is still a separate calculation of lighting.
On the mouth there is a demo calculating massive lighting in one approach or something. where there is something else that just simplifies the lighting of the possible texture making the graphics a little feces and a little more optimized. as if modern technology is all and something else is unlikely to increase productivity. if we talk about the magic of optimization then games need that will allow to work raffik in more streams albeit with a lot of calculations that is mathematically impossible because the stages of 1-2-3-4-5 etc. will be performed and perform stages that are based on previous data calculations - where from? Then actually untie the processing zpu from geometry calculations and the processor itself is also pumped and replaced for example by the number of crusher with a ring tire and high multi-concurrency in calculations those will be what zpu on 512 cores by 2ggz by the type of coprocessor and some small block of conventional 86 compatible kernels with a hefty kesh.

M
Marsj 04.12.20

APSG420
The versions of the Unreal Engine engine are changing.
"On May 13, 2020, Epic Games officially announced Unreal Engine 5 and showcased the demo, in a 30 FPS resolution of quadHD on the PlayStation 5 console. The demo showed the work of new technologies: Lumen and Nanite. Lumen is a new technology for dynamic global lighting. Nanite is one of the key technologies at the heart of the Unreal Engine 5 engine. It allows you to show as much geometry as the eye sees, and depends on the resolution - the more it is, the higher the detail becomes. The updated version of the engine is scheduled for release in mid-2021."

A
APSG420 04.12.20

Thank you for keeping the conversation going.
MunchkiN 616: "In the 3D graphics, it's more important to process the level of the area where the player is"
And now the crucial matter of principle. I will move on to the concept of location in the game again by example. Let's say a small location in the form of a fortress or monastery, where the boundary of the location are fortress or monastic walls. And the second kind of game - with the open world, where a monastery or fortress are only a part of this world. So the question is: where are the system requirements (or PC loading) with the same graphics will be higher, in a small location or in the open world?

M
MunchkiN 616 04.12.20

From a practical point of view, I would do all one unloadable location of some global world hiding the interior because it can potentially a lot and not touching the appearance of external objects. would work by the type of a certain zone - when you approach the monastery in a triger - the display of the interior of the premises is turned on and separately if you bother the inner box triger, which asks - whether the object is in the building if yes and the character is not in the building - then the light is off, the shadows are off, the mapping is off, the physics is off but it is always in the memory, provided that it is a moving object and it can be pushed out and carried away at all. so my PKA philosophical approach to using a large number of frames and optimizing this cell and all objects in the cell would be unloaded with it but addresses would be recorded. as an optimization, "important objects" were not recorded and stored outside the ase. this would mean that if you drop the candelabra in the monastery to go to another cell 8-16km - he will stand in his place undisturbing.
for your case a simpler example - let's say there is an open world of forest grass mountain etc. - I fill a huge wall and cut off the floor of the world from practical visibility - is somehow the performance of this? - almost not in my case, well, and then to buy the engine. if it has such shit in the pre-installations (and unrial 4 kind of cho there is) then some of the objects can disappear but requests for rendering then no and all this is counted through the tub. in u4, this may apply to monolithic objects, but it does not apply to objects with transparency. it can also be checked by placing somewhere cube and adjust in materials that it flew behind the camera on flat ails on the top neckers (from the point of view of the processor it will remain in place) - depending on the turn of the camera and a certain radius of the sphere which is created automatically and can be as something changed the object will disappear. whether it will disappear in the case of an example with a wall - if so in 24 there is at the native level what you are talking about.
but if you're doing men, all the games are less about what you're talking about. even gta3 in my opinion does not load pieces of buildings, which can not be seen and modern games that have a lot of such mechanisms. but if you're very small, how could a graphics card win and the processor doesn't or no one particularly wins, or the game won't behave predictably as in the u4 the lods depend on the screen share and actual pixels as I understand. so as I understand you want all the visible geometry to be as trimmed as possible from the position of the camera that from the outside will look like some scraps of landfill and universe void based on the tracing of each top and checking whether it overlaps with closer surfaces (or maybe a gpu of transparency at the texture level) - I thought the same way when I played Gothic 2 there was a pyramid and it had a bunch of surfaces with textures that you can't see - what extravagance I thought I was on. PK - no.

A
APSG420 04.12.20

In total, so far I see two main methods of saving resources.
1. When the game is linearly passed, the division of the game space on the location with the loading of a new location during the transition.
2. In the open world, providing normal gaming features in the player's area of action and at this time saving game resources by software and technical methods in the rest of the world.

The theme is called graphics and game-making technology because it is necessary to save the resources of gaming devices by using appropriate (maybe not yet invented) technologies to direct these very resources to improve graphics.

The video was posted in order to show that with initially high-quality graphics and the image on the monitor will be good. But, as everyone understands, for good graphics you need a good "iron". That's the problem. And, as Marsj writes, the software is also working. But I think it takes the invention of something new to move forward. Let's wait for Unreal Engine 5.