3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
H
Hirok 04.12.20 06:18 pm

Impressions of the game (Twin Mirror)

I do not know why the administrators themselves do not add such obvious, it would seem, themes, so I will do it myself.
13 Comments
Sort by:
H
Hirok 04.12.20

In short, the game is VERY short. Literally for 5 hours of leisurely passage with reading all the notes and listening to all the dialogues.
And yes, there was a persistent feeling that the game was planned to be done on episodes, like other "series" studio, but had to abruptly roll back the volume. This is primarily due to the fact that I didn't understand how we should understand the difference between the Devils and the Double? Well, that is, we see both of the force, while in some moments the time stops, with others goes. It's really confusing and annoying. The choice before the final is especially incomprehensible. Both forces are used by the hero in DIFFERENT situations, and only at the end in the same. I mean, how would a hero get to Dickie without a damn thing? I don't think so. How would you know who I was fighting? And so on.
The game jumps on the events, as if the writers had to drastically reduce the script.
As a result, there is a double clear where it came from (at least there is at least some explanation), the power of Cherthogue in principle is not clear from where and what it prevents the doppelganger, which only in dialogues only helps. And there help does not always work (the same Joan).

N
NightHawkreal 04.12.20

Hirok
The devils are the hero's own mind, in which he hung from childhood, while ignoring all around and therefore having a reputation as a complete misanthrope. A double is part of his personality responsible for empathy and other social contacts. And I had to choose because he had a mind for his mind from stress. And I do not think that the game would be more, if it came out in episodes, maybe even vice versa.

I liked the game, of course with Havierin it does not compete (although in some things it even surpasses), but better than that the French sculpted before that. The graphics are not plucky, the locations are large, a lot of information. The main thing - there is no modern propaganda "what is good that bad" - the usual story of people from a small town. Funny, I thought it was a different person, even though there were hints. By the way found a hint of LiS.

H
Hirok 04.12.20

NightHawkreal
NightHawkreal wrote:
Funny, I thought it was a different person, even though there were hints. By the way found a hint of LiS.
And you're going to go beyond the hell out of your mind.
On a good ending)

N
NightHawkreal 04.12.20

Hirok
We'll have to try.

I
Invisible Sun 06.12.20

Passed the game, liked it, but still the feeling that and could be better.. Picked at the end of the double, it ended pretty well, but to go to another ending something does not want)

A
Angelo4ekT 08.12.20

The game was played in the same breath, but. very disappointing.

First, the game is short. I did not save the heroine and when I got to the cemetery, where again conversations with Nps and variants of answers, I was glad that obviously now a sequel or a new episode. After all, the threads led to the new pharmacist, and the commissioner-sha police was suspicious. but it turned out to be just an epilogue.
Secondly, in the game almost all tinsel - unnecessary. The game - a terrible lineup, and if you made a mistake / lack of evidence / information, nothing will change, the game stupidly you will not let go not that the plot, and even beyond the current location, and even beyond the stupid key points of this location, ie in the city you do not visit more than one street and related internal locations. You can't visit miner's Day like you do anywhere else. Now about tinsel. Mishura here and all these notes, and options of dialogue in tedious, dull, not brilliant humor of everyday dialogues, and even most of the nps themselves, and memorabilia (which I collected a little) - the use of them is almost zero, as from any information, except strictly quest. Mishura and this imaginary world, which reveals nothing more than the lor/history of the game, no more. You won't see any truly alternative endings, alternate villains in the finale and unexpected, unpredictable twists. The only interesting thing in the game - investigation and loss of events, but this is not worse played and in better games, it seems in Sherlock Holmes and even The Witcher 3.
And in general, the game is dull, as the hero himself, linear to disgust and most of all the information in it - meaningless, by the way, and a double - an animated choice, no more, and climbing on these dull labyrinths so tiring that I was only glad, finally getting rid of it q)
In short, this is the first game, which I recommend to pass a speedran, if you do not play anything.

By the way, this is not an action/adventure, but an interactive kinzo.

R
Reverrius 17.12.20

Passed the other day.

What can I say? A fresh detective project from the studio Dontnod Entertainment, creators of the Life Is Strange series.

Twin Mirror's plot begins with the return of former journalist Sam Higgs to his native mining town of Buswood. After a high-profile journalistic investigation and the subsequent closure of the only mine, Sam hoped that he would never return to the city, but the funeral of a close friend who died in a terrible accident changed his plans. In addition, the daughter of the deceased, a girl named Joan (nicknamed Bug), is confident that her father's death is not an accident, but a planned murder.

As in Life Is Strange, Twin Mirror's gameplay revolves around dialogue with NPCs, “choices and consequences,” and story-driven exploration of smaller locations. In addition, there is also "Halls of the Mind", a kind of surreal space in Sam's head, where he attaches himself to memories, compares the evidence found, wanders in the labyrinths of his mind, and sometimes "makes his feet" from his own fears and demons. Dontnod Entertainment has already experimented with surrealism in the finale of the first season of Life Is Strange, the experiments, however, were not crowned with success, but the developers decided not to give up and in Twin Mirror they managed to achieve the first quality results. "Halls of Mind" turned out to be successful, both in terms of design and in terms of plot points associated with them. But the plot itself, twisted on the detective line, is disappointing. The main "villain gardener" is guessed almost at first glance, as the detective Twin Mirror came out too predictable. And the end credits come too quickly, leaving behind many NPCs whose stories and characters have never been revealed. Oh, yes, the GG also has an alter-ego, a kind of “reverse Sam”, with whom you often have to conduct a dialogue, listen or not listen to his advice, and so on. The presence of such an NPC definitely plays in Twin Mirror's favor, although, in my opinion, he still lacks more psychological depth and elaboration. with whom you often have to conduct a dialogue, listen or not listen to his advice, and so on. The presence of such an NPC definitely plays in Twin Mirror's favor, although, in my opinion, he still lacks more psychological depth and elaboration. with whom you often have to conduct a dialogue, listen or not listen to his advice, and so on. The presence of such an NPC definitely plays in Twin Mirror's favor, although, in my opinion, he still lacks more psychological depth and elaboration.

As for the picture and the technical side, there are no complaints about them, I have not noticed any bugs, the controls are convenient, and the local landscapes (both around and "inside" Sam) are nice and moderately atmospheric.

So what's the bottom line? Twin Mirror turned out to be an ambiguous project: it is cute and it has good "finds", but the game lacks a more twisted detective branch, and most importantly time and "content" to reveal both a good setting, as a whole, and the characters inhabiting it ... Alas, Dontnod Entertainment was never able to replicate the success of the first Life Is Strange.

6.5 / 10

N
Nighthawkreal 17.12.20

I looked at all the endings - not to say unexpectedly, but the meaning is clear - happiness and truth do not always go together.

N
Nighthawkreal 17.12.20

Angelo4ekT
I, too,
thought so about the Spoiler therapist, as it turned out not in vain.

W
Wlad1k 07.01.21

Why is it possible to skip scenes only in kolekia mode?

z
zajebi sve 12.01.21

In vain she is so slandered, not a bad game. I, as a lover of this genre, was pleased. Not a masterpiece, of course, but quite good and quality entertainment for a few hours. PS I would not buy)

G
Gvinea 25.01.22

I have not found a description of the ending anywhere on the Internet, where Sam exposed Hugh. Am I the only one who ran into this ending?

G
Gvinea 25.01.22

Angelo4ekT
So the main villain is the pharmacist