3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
Tytanyumm 08.12.20 01:16 am

Strange phenomenon with the fall of FPS (Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag)

Good time of day, I have the following picture in my game, the game gives 30-40 frames on minimals, despite the fact that the iron pulls (AMD Athlon II x4 640 3.0 ghz, GeForce GTX 660 2gb, 12Gb RAM), in the game itself the load on the processor is not more than 60%, on the graphics processor 70% and uses half of the video memory, the load on the memory of up to 4gb on high settings but gives out 10 unfortunate phps... A pirated version of the game, the last patch, has been installed.
Tell us how to fix the problem...
18 Comments
Sort by:
S
SonyK_2 08.12.20

Tytanyumm wrote:
... the game gives out on minimals 30-40 frames, despite the fact that the iron pulls ... Athlon II x4 640... in the game itself, the load on the processor is not more than 60%, on the GPU 70%...
It seems that the iron "pulls" - if you test the CPU with load monitoring on all the cores / streams, most likely it will be noticeable that one more often loads more than the rest, as on my video (CPU1).
Spoiler
Because of this, there may be an underload of graphics cards. I have the same processor (a perapps config in the profile) - one-point (and overall) performance it is relatively weak, the clock frequency is small, there is no L3 cache, in processor-dependent games will be problems. And the newer, requiring the instructions SSE 4.1 / 4.2 and AVX, may not start at all - in Athlone they do not.
Spoiler

An example of working with GTX 960 (config in the video description):

... How to fix the problem...
Most likely will have to upgrade the CPU, or disperse (if it turns out). If something superfluous works in the background during the game, turn off the performance can increase.

D
Denis Kyokushin 08.12.20

Tytanyumm
How do you play on a double-core in THE AC4?
Phenom II x4 940 +570GTX+4Гб ОЗУ

SonyK_2
Pipetz, with the belly of the game.
Did mafia 2 with the belly test?

S
SonyK_2 09.12.20

Denis Kyokushin wrote:
How do you play on a double-core in THE AC4?
This 4-core Athlone (there is a CPU-Y screen in my post) - it is weaker than Phenom, but does not cancel the fact. The two-core Athlon with the same clock speed is called Athlon II x2 250 (it had until 640). In the spring I had an old BP "stepped" and that the iron did not wobble until replaced, collected an old config with Athlone (spare in the profile). Tests from games on it (on some RAM tossed, more in the descriptions to the video).
Spoiler

.... The game subsides with the belly.
It's just a test, like the 3rd Assassin in Boston. If something gets in the way during the game, of course I turn it off.
... Mafia 2 with belly tests?
The old one has passed long ago (I don't remember), I haven't tried the remaster yet.

D
Denis Kyokushin 09.12.20

SonyK_2
SonyK_2 wrote:
This 4-year-old Athlone
Pipetz, it's such a g... no L3 cache, no unlocked multiplier and 3Ggz frequency (

S
SonyK_2 09.12.20

Denis Kyokushin wrote:
Pipe... no L3 cache, no unlocked multiplier and 3Ggz frequency
I agree, but I managed to play on it as well. Remember the old theme about Dying Light, when the video with it was shown, I still had maximum texture settings (perhaps because of 2GB of video memory)? - Since then, the iron has changed, and the game has not passed yet ... ;(
In relatively old (and some new) non-processor-demanding games, especially in conjunction with a weak vision (to put more pressure on it rather than CPU), which don't need SSE 4.1/4.2 instructions to run, AVX feels more or less good (video in the post above).

D
Denis Kyokushin 09.12.20

SonyK_2
SonyK_2 wrote:
Remember the long-standing theme of Dying Light
I haven't seen the theme.
SonyK_2 wrote:
In relatively old (and in some new) non-processor games
In Mafia 1.original, is it played normally?)
SonyK_2 wrote:
The old one has passed long ago (I don't remember), I haven't tried the remaster yet.
Could you write a benchmark with a belly?

S
SonyK_2 09.12.20

Denis Kyokushin wrote:
I haven't seen the theme.
So I've confused someone...
In Mafia 1.original, normally played?
Athlone? - I don't remember, it was a long time ago. I didn't play on the newer iron.
Could you write a benchmark with a belly?
In the Restart (Definitive Edition)?

D
Denis Kyokushin 09.12.20

SonyK_2
SonyK_2 wrote:
In the Restart (Definitive Edition)?
In the original:
Spoiler

S
SonyK_2 09.12.20

Denis Kyokushin
I've already remastered. Download the original and test it?

D
Denis Kyokushin 09.12.20

SonyK_2
SonyK_2 wrote:
Download the original and test it?
I'm a cheap-and-cheap urva.
If I hadn't had any more sight, I'd be in tandem testing AMD and Nvidia

S
SonyK_2 09.12.20

Denis Kyokushin
Watched your video. PhysX frame sits strongly, I have a difference on the remaster is not particularly noticeable, and the average FPS in tests is almost no different.
SpoilerPhysX on high:

PhysX is off:

D
Denis Kyokushin 09.12.20

SonyK_2
AMD "doesn't like" puzix)

T
Ted 09.12.20

I have on the i7 8700 and rtx 2060 super sags, and here...

S
SonyK_2 10.12.20

Denis Kyokushin wrote:
AMD "doesn't like" pusix...
I remember the original Mirror's Edge playing when I still had the HD4850 - I had to turn it off in the settings so I wouldn't get it.

D
Denis Kyokushin 10.12.20

SonyK_2
It was back in 2014.

S
SonyK_2 10.12.20

Denis Kyokushin
More tests made, but without smoothing - with PhysX- vidyyuk is not fully loaded.
Spoiler Without smoothing, PhysX max:

Without smoothing, PhysX is off:

... Intels pulled him
Intel didn't help much, but in the nVidia panel he didn't switch to it (there was an Auto-election). Here are the tests with PhysX on CPU.
Spoiler

Without smoothing, PhysX maximum (on CPU):

Full smoothing, PhysX maximum (on CPU):

D
Denis Kyokushin 10.12.20

SonyK_2
Spoiler
SonyK_2 wrote:
Without smoothing, PhysX maximum (on CPU):
Your CPU is controlled at the card level
SonyK_2 wrote:
Full smoothing, PhysX maximum (on CPU):
And here the map is no longer controlled with smoothing

S
SonyK_2 13.12.20

Denis Kyokushin
Played in different ways, with PhysX on the CPU and GP - when it is turned on and on the screen appears a lot of generated objects (fragments, etc.), the frame falls strongly even without smoothing, while the video card is not fully loaded, and the more different particles, the seen less cargo. As a result, I turned off the physics and play - FPS does not fall, the download of the graphics card is almost always 100%.