3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Requestedd 09.12.20 10:56 pm

THE GTX 1060 works but does not accept the driver.

The story is as follows:
Collecting a server build PC, the motherboard is naturally for 3,500 with no outlet for the monitor.
The video card was taken on Avito for an unfortunate 5,800 r. Tests passed both from the owner and me. Everything was great.
However, I collected the PC only a few months later.
Video card : Palit GTX 1060 6GB

The bottom line is:
Since there is no way out for the monitor on the mother, I connected the monitor via DVI-D to the video card, and inserted it into the mother. The image is transmitted, the videos also swipe quickly and well.
There were of course problems by the type of live wallpaper or bad video player that I replaced.

The video adapter system is displayed as "Basic Video Adapter Microsoft" (Which is natural, because I deleted all the drivers, the reason for this below)

When assembling, pc tried to put the driver. Immediately after the installation (from nvidia) there were strange artifacts in the form of red lines in staggered order. And then the screen turned completely white in the noise.

Tried to put old drivers. It didn't work.

What's the point? I still do not understand : Whether the graphics card works or not. The image is transmitted through it (the screen is not connected to the mother, it is connected to the graphics card)

And what could be the cause of the card failure? I think it was sold after mining, and during the test it was warmed up. (Seller if that natural way went somewhere, although at first and answered my questions)
But recently I was told that perhaps the point is that this graphics card was re-charged, and therefore it does not put standard drivers (which is also questionable, because during the stress test after purchase it put standard drivers)

Comrades, do you have any idea what's wrong with her and does it make sense to do something about it?
9 Comments
Sort by:
S
Subaru MotorSports 09.12.20

Requestedd
Lesson, don't buy with your hands, the symptoms of the video card are dead.

A
Alan 4umak 09.12.20

https://user-life.com/computer/drivers/2684-etot-graficheskiy-drayver-ne-obnaruzhil-sovmestimogo-oborudovaniya-nvidia.html

R
Requestedd 09.12.20

Subaru MotorSports
For the graphics transmission to the monitor then the processor is probably responsible?.. (xeon E5 2620 I have)

S
SonyK_2 10.12.20

Requestedd wrote:
... The video card was taken on Avito... The tests took place both the owner and me. Everything was great. However, I collected the PC myself only a few months later...
It was necessary to negotiate with the seller for a test at home for some time, and "drive" the system in all possible ways - to understand how workable.
... what could be the cause of the graphics card failure? I think it was sold after mining, and during the test it was warmed up. (The seller if that natural way went somewhere, although at first and answered my questions )...
Most likely it is - "steamed" after mining. "Stingy pays twice."
For the graphics transmission to the monitor then the processor is probably responsible?.. xeon E5 2620...
Is there a built-in video video? - usually the intros work through video drives on the mainland. How will the video signal be transmitted from the processor, go through the graphics card? If.
... Motherboard... No way out for the monitor

D
Dackota126 19.03.21

put firewood on 391.35!

B
Be3yH4eG 19.03.21

Banks of memory, dig there.

w
william1992 19.03.21

Requestedd
Go with a video card to a friend with a normal mother and check for performance. Otherwise, all this is fortune telling on the coffee grounds

K
KlausBarbie 19.03.21

if during the installation of the drivers, either the memory bank flew in, or the gpu ordered to live a long time .... look at the "seals" on the screws, whether the radiator was removed or not. Before the sale, he warmed it up with a "gpu" iron there or a hair dryer, so it worked for a while. Without drivers, of course ... should operate as a Variac to warm up again, gpu, either full Rebollo to do "what is inappropriate on this map" ... but it might be the memory of died ... but as you say she plowed on checking ....
PS Is there any hdmi to check? maybe where and here the dog rummaged .... although there are very few chances for this.

S
Sweety_Mustard 19.03.21

Requestedd wrote:
But recently I was told that perhaps the fact is that this video card was reflashed, and therefore standard
firmware drivers are not installed on it, one figs put standard ones - just from other views.

Warming may help - but first try to carry OSes, put the shaft and the wood anew - if the arts will then have vidyahu bake or fry in the fire XD
Edit Have: I hope you Conder near the pci-e slot and vidyahe examined