3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Mihail Kazakevich 10.12.20 09:34 pm

HDD or SSD (Cyberpunk 2077)

Did anyone compare how big the difference is when installing on different media?
10 Comments
Sort by:
D
Denis Kyokushin 10.12.20

This issue is also of concern, as HDD itself

O
Onotole_console 10.12.20

Mikhail Kazakevich
There is no difference, the difference is only in the time of download of the game, about 30 seconds on the railway and 10 on the SSD. I didn't have any microfreeses or textures personally.

S
Silentip 13.12.20

Initially on hdd put the game, but for the sake of interest, after the prologue threw on the ssd - as a result, the download speed was increased and loading textures faster

A
Alien003 17.12.20

Silentip
is there a direct critical difference in favor of ssd? I have, for example, HDD for 4tb and SSD for 120 GB and there is a system on the SSD, and if, in addition to the system, I also throw off the cyberbook, then I have a maximum of 4 gigs on the SSD

M
MunchkiN 616 17.12.20

if there are several shdds and a swap file in the pitch, then there is probably no difference
at all, in any case it would be interesting to see how someone ultras through the streets on a car in low resolution from 3090 something so that there is no emphasis on GPU and configuration 1 modern shdd with a 64MB buffer 2 , 2 shdd on one of which the game and on the other Windows. well and similar with SDD = swap file. and the game on shdd and the game is purely on ssd or several ssd.
I think if there is something within the margin of error or at very high fps. it also depends on how the game loads resources and what it loads.

S
Silentip 17.12.20

Alien003
The difference in loading the game and loading textures when moving quickly + when driving around the city: on a regular hard drive, the whole thing was slowly loaded, not keeping up with the pace of the game, but on ssd everything is fine

k
kvitos 17.12.20

21st century in the yard, what CDD, what are you talking about? For so many years, all the details have been fixed, and only the hard drives have slowed down. Finally, we made ssd, all the downloads began to work many times faster, everything was re-read to run into hdd. Yes, this will not add fps, but various friezes on bf4 were removed precisely by installing the game on ssd. It's day and night. If the financial issue is acute, this is understandable, everyone has their own capabilities, but if the system has loans, then what to think about at all?

I
Ixiot 20.12.20

A friend asked to lay out.

Y
Yakov Budnikov 20.12.20

I have a game on SDD (I have not used hdd since 2016), downloads are fast, there are no bugs with downloads in the game

g
gennaz 20.12.20

I put m2 on 2 TB, it's fantastic, downloads happen in seconds.