3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
B
BlessedMark 17.12.20 05:15 am

Laptop freezes.

Hello everyone! ASUS TUF GAMING FX505DT laptop, 1.5 years of operation. I noticed a long time ago that the laptop accidentally freezes for 1-2 seconds (it was not a problem for me), recently it began to randomly freeze completely no matter what I do. Now the friezes have increased to 3-5 seconds. Recently there was an update in GTA 5, I decided to take a look, so I have friezes there for 2-5 seconds every 3 minutes, but after that not immediately, but after a while. Help, please, support from ASUS is too long)
The most important thing is that a friend has the same laptop, and he also freezes. (we have different assembly of Windows)
I checked:
1) memtest5 RAM - no errors
2) SSD - no errors
3) I did not see overheating (in the photo gpu1 100 degrees, but not playing 50)
4) there are no errors in the Windows log

7 Comments
Sort by:
B
BlessedMark 17.12.20

I forgot to write: I
checked the RAM in AIDA64, my latency is 114-130ns, as I know, this is not normal.
But there are no mistakes. I decided to ask for a start here before flattery in the laptop.

.Chiken 17.12.20

On the island, now all drawdowns and freezes have zero optimization, choose another place for the xD test

R
Ryazancev 17.12.20

BlessedMark
You have a fucking high temperature of the video chip on your screen. Most likely because of her. Change the cold oil and play on.

B
BlessedMark 17.12.20

Ryazancev
when not playing, then 50 degrees, but there are still friezes

S
Sanchez ramirez 18.12.20

Well, in general, the pictures show that the display of the load is buggy (65536%), and the frequency of the video processor shows 200 MHz. This is GPU1. At the same time, there is GPU2, which shows a more real picture. The question is: who are these GPUs 1 and 2?

And yes, under a hundred degrees even in the game is too much.

B
BlessedMark 18.12.20

Sanchez Ramirez
GPU1 is an integrated vega 8 graphics card
GPU2 is a GTX 1650
Well, again, I said that without playing the temperature is 50 degrees, but there are still friezes. The photo shows that when freezing, the frequency of GPU1 and processor drops to 400Mhz, and GPU2 is loaded by 5-7% instead of the usual 50-60%, but when there are no freezes, all the rules

S
Sanchez ramirez 18.12.20

BlessedMark wrote:
GPU1 is an integrated vega 8 graphics card
Thanks, now it has become somehow clearer. But how then is it that the built-in is heated up to a hundred? Temperature 1650 is normal. In general, we display the CPU temperature on the screen and look at the numbers.

You also need to somehow make sure that the discrete card is correctly used in games, and not switching back and forth. But here I am not an advisor, since I personally had no business with multi-GPU laptops. Somewhere in the driver settings should be. Well, in the game settings, just in case, look at how the GPU is selected there.