3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Mycroft17 17.12.20 05:15 am

Detailed guide to graphics settings. GTX 1060 to GTX 1080ti (Cyberpunk 2077)

24 Comments
Sort by:
M
Mycroft17 17.12.20

Screens
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

R
Royal_King 17.12.20

thanks for such a detailed guide, and the main thing is that it correlates with other sources: the most intense settings are the quality of reflections, fog and diffuse shading. The only question I have is the quality of the decals. Are you sure she only lowers fps in shootouts? I really have FPS in skirmishes, but in the open world this setting does not affect FPS in any way. So I think, can you really lower the decals and is it worth it? Did you measure FPS separately in shootouts with different decal qualities?

M
Mycroft17 17.12.20

Royal_King
Yes, the setting affects the number of nicely lit particles in gunfights. At low settings, particles from the shot will still not disappear, but there will be much less of them.

I
InboxM 17.12.20

Mycroft17 Thanks
for the guide, but setting the settings for my 1060 and for similar cards with such precision is not very good.

M
Mycroft17 17.12.20

InboxM, clearly this is not normal. Anyway, the very concept of graphics "for growth" is as stupid as possible. New technologies are coming out that make the visual better and eat less. But the choice is not great, either to play with wild lags, or with terrible graphics and a dead city.

l
lucky.trof 17.12.20

Thanks for the work you've done! One of the best guides for setting graphics for the criterion price - quality!

b
bushmaster 17.12.20

to be honest, in dogs legion rays are prettier

M
Mycroft17 17.12.20

bushmaster
well there are more places where reflections are noticeable. Well, about other rtx features, it already strongly depends on the specific scene.

W
Waffen 17.12.20

How big is the difference between HDD and SSD?

M
Mycroft17 17.12.20

Waffen
well, in addition to obviously long downloads, you will have to minimize the quality of textures, crowds, and turn on the slow disk mode. The world is extremely detailed, so on the HDD you will most likely be catching friezes and not loading textures. On ssd, the game works as cool as the last doom. It can be seen that the developers are worn out. Downloads are instant.

b
bushmaster 17.12.20

Mycroft17
besides they gobble 20 fps)

M
Mycroft17 17.12.20

bushmaster
is yes, just threw from 30 fps to 3090 in 4k with rtix and dlss to max, and then obviously there are scenes where the fps will be even lower.

d
dexex 17.12.20

Another thing that helped me a lot: open the memory_pool_budgets.csv file. It is located in the folder with the game installed at / cyberpunk 2077 / engine / config. It lists different memory settings for all three platforms: PC, Xbox One, and PS4. You only need to change the PoolCPU and PoolGPU lines for the PC. For the first parameter, you need to specify the amount of RAM in gigabytes that the game will use. It is recommended to set half of the player's PC RAM, leave at least 4 gigabytes free for Windows needs. In the PoolGPU line, you need to specify the exact amount of memory of the installed video card in gigabytes. This setting for Cyberpunk 2077 significantly increases the frame rate and even allows you to enable a higher level of graphics. That is, if WIN has 16 gb RAM and 6 gb video, then install CPU 8GB, GPU 6GB, but no more.

n
narutomaru 18.12.20

and where is the guide?

E
Ekaterina Lukyanova 18.12.20

And I can't find a guide

G
Gleccha 18.12.20

Where is the guide ?????

I
Ixiot 18.12.20

The author deleted the guide for a reason.

N
Nurp 18.12.20

Where is the guide ?????

G
Gleccha 18.12.20

And the guide is still there ...

M
Mycroft17 19.12.20

Gleccha I apologize for such an incident, the bureaucracy is to blame. The guide will appear in 24 hours. At the same time, not much supplemented. And with lots of screenshots.