3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Alexey Litvintsev 17.12.20 05:22 am

Performance increase (Cyberpunk 2077)

Players found that Cyberpunk 2077 uses the same memory pool on PC and consoles
This limitation was revealed by Reddit user ThePhoenixRoyal, who faced low frame rates on his hardware with an i7 4790K, EVGA GTX 1080Ti and 32GB of memory.

ThePhoenixRoyal examined the Cyberpunk 2077 configs and found out that on PC the game uses the same memory pool installed on consoles. Thus, Cyberpunk 2077 on PC runs into this limitation, despite the fact that the system itself can be much more powerful.

ThePhoenixRoyal wrote a small guide and explained how to set eigenvalues ​​correctly.
How to fix the config and set your values
Make a preliminary backup of the file. Next, go to Cyberpunk 2077 - engine - config. Open memory_pool_budgets.csv file through Notepad, Visual Studio Code, or another similar program.
Change the PoolCPU value to half of the RAM. For example, if 16 GB is installed, then specify 8 GB. In the same way, change the value in PoolGPU, writing the correct video card memory.
Optionally: set the file to read-only, so that if something happens, the game does not roll back the previous parameters. In the config, you can also set the value "0" - this is how the system itself will dispose of resources.
Some players have noted that after correcting the values, their performance has improved significantly, but other users reported that they did not notice any improvements.

10 Comments
Sort by:
F
FlyRazer 17.12.20

I tried it. As a result, I only noticed that the game stopped using all the RAM.
Ie, I have 2 strips of 4 gig each, for a total of 8. In this config I set the value to 4096Gb. And now the game consumes only 4 gig of RAM instead of 6-7 as before ... xs. But in the FPS indicator I did not see the difference)

A
Alexey Litvintsev 17.12.20

FlyRazer
, as I understand it, either helps or it doesn't. At home (1080ti I5 10400f 16GB), in my opinion, the game began to load faster, and a little fps increased. Maybe self-deception of course) I want more people to try here)

D
DenS SliM ShadY 17.12.20

I have an i3 7100, GTX 1060 3gb, 16 GB ram, the game at almost maximum speed produces at least 30 fps and this is enough without all these guides, the game is well optimized

U
Uelma 17.12.20

At 1080ti, there should be 100% 60faps at fhd. I have this card.

w
worys 17.12.20

Uelma
It does not give out when full at maximum settings stable 60, why there it does not give out 60 frames at maximum most of the time, and so I have already received these cherished stable 60 most of the time on medium cascading shadows and off reflection.

S
SashaFlopy 17.12.20

DenS SliM ShadY
What are 30fps at 1060? Also at maximum speed, why are you rubbing game here? My system is 2 times better than yours with a 1060 card, there is not even 28fps, sometimes it only rises to 30 in closed rooms and I don't need to say here that my system is shitty or something has not been updated, everything is pure plus on ssd stands and dick was floating there 30fps almost at maximum speed

I
Ixiot 17.12.20

worys
According to benchmarks , 1080ti is equal to 2070s in terms of performance. So, since 2070s I have 80-100 fps in fhd at ultra. I turned off RTX, I didn't like the rays.

S
Sargarus 17.12.20

It did not help, it seems that the friezes appeared even worse

w
worys 17.12.20

Ixiot

Well, or which tests to believe? Although I can believe myself because I have just 1080 and it does not give out stable 60 in 1080p at ultra settings. Yes, and you are lying about something about 80-100, because this is the level of 2080 with DLSS playing? or just a storyteller? :)

ZY Beams bring the picture in the game to a new level, you didn't like them because 30 fps :)

I
Ixiot 17.12.20

worys
With rays I have 55 fps on the market.