3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Roman Simenishchev 17.12.20 05:37 am

PC shuts down (Cyberpunk 2077)

Good day. Tell me how you can solve the problem with shutting down your PC. At high settings, all the rules, but at ultras after 10 minutes the game turns off.
9 Comments
Sort by:
R
Redline666 17.12.20

Roman Simenishchev Components
may overheat. Or a dying BP, which is most likely. Knocks out capacitors under heavy load. There was such a problem as soon as I took a new (at that time) vidyuhu. I couldn't understand what was the matter. It turned out that the power supply unit was choking and went into the emergency gang. At the nominal power - above the roof, but something went off there ... I replaced it, and there are no problems.

Sometimes! Sometimes ... The video adapter firewood is mowed. But, it seems, in 2020 there is no such problem anymore. I came across this when I bought a fresh GTX 570 in 2011 (sort of). Incorrect operation of the chip with the power supply circuit and voltage was. Then they fixed it in the wood (or the firmware of the card), and before that it was necessary to manually reduce the factory overclocking to the stock reference values. But today this is hardly relevant.

It would be nice to look at your log after the next shutdown. Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Event Viewer - Windows Logs - System ... There, find the shutdown time and the associated event. If it's a kernel power 41 error (sort of), then it's a power failure. Try a new PSU. You can borrow from a friend and check if it is.

R
Roman Simenishchev 17.12.20

Thanks for the advice, there is one more power supply unit, I will try it. But I doubt it is him. If you lower the settings to high, then everything works fine. Before that, I went through the Valhalla on the ultras and never had such a problem, only with cyberpunk here

N
Nikolay Ololay 17.12.20

Roman Simenishchev
Monitor the temperature of the processor, check it in other games. Overheating can cause shutdowns. But as written above, most likely the case is in bp

R
Roman Simenishchev 17.12.20

Redline666
looked in the logs, it seems that it does not write anything about bp

P
Pavlo1983 17.12.20

Measure the temperature of the video card and processor, most likely something of them overheats critically and a protective mechanism is triggered in the form of turning off the computer. This is no joke, you can burn the percent / video card, so you need to either put a good cooler and clean everything from dust.

S
SonyK_2 17.12.20

Roman Simenishchev wrote:
... At high settings, everything is normal, but at ultras after 10 minutes the game turns off ... If you reduce the settings to high, then everything works fine ...
Because at ultras the load on the system is greater than at high ...
looked in the logs, it seems that it does not write anything
about the power supply. There will not be anything specifically written about the power supply unit - it does not transfer data to the system. Only certain errors, by which one can indirectly understand that the matter is in nutrition.
... there is one more power supply unit, I will try it. But I doubt it's him ...
And in vain, anything is possible. PSUs also do not work forever - sooner or later it may start to "die" (drying / swelling of capacitors, etc.).
... Before that, I went through the Valhalla on the ultras and never had such a problem ...
In different games, the system can be loaded in different ways. And if the matter is in the PSU, it can start to fail at any time. There may also be a shutdown due to overheating. Display temperature monitoring (MSI Afterburner, etc.) during the game and watch how it heats up. Or by other programs in the background, but to make sure that detailed logs are recorded - after a sudden shutdown of the computer, you can see what happened immediately before shutdown.

c
canteexnik 17.12.20

The processor heats up, turns off in emergency mode, try to clean the dust

M
Mikhail Dantes 17.12.20

It also happens to be cut down in some games at max load after upgrading the vidyuhi. Since in the recommended ones it costs more bp than me.

O
Oxygen_woLF 17.12.20

Windows logs never write "power supply". Apparently, the power supply unit does not take out under load ... Try any stress test that will load all the components. For one thing, you will eliminate processor overheating.