3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
F
Frost96rus 17.12.20 05:39 am

Game Impressions (Cities: Skylines)

The release of the city simulator Cities: Skylines. I invite everyone to describe in this topic their first impressions of the game. What did you like and what is missing in the game? Also, do you think Cities: Skylines is the best city building simulator?
21 Comments
Sort by:
m
mr. SD 17.12.20

I liked the game. Finally, a good town building has appeared (which I have not seen with SimCity 4). I was very pleased with (seemingly such a trifle) parking on the roadside.

R
RazumnoePure 17.12.20

With an abundance of pluses, mention should be made of what is missing and minuses from ArchiDevil:
1. No simulation of air pollution. No seriously, 21st century, and air pollution simulation has been forgotten. But the pollution of soil and water is in place.
2. Everywhere solar energy and all that. I understand that developers want to be #thegreen at heart, but in the real world things are a little different.
3. Incomplete information system. Let's say you have marked out an area for an industrial zone, but no industrial zone appears. You need to guess for yourself why she is not there, you will not find any clues. And it's often not only about water and electricity. Also, it is difficult to deal with the employment of the population. No attention was paid to this at all.
4. Desert world. Too few city service buildings. Medical center and hospital. This is everything related to health. I understand that the gameplay was deliberately simplified for better understanding, but two buildings each in city services is somehow very sad. But the zonal buildings are diverse.
5. Weak OT system. Buses, subways, and trains are difficult to use in the city. We do not take into account airports and ships. Only the route line is configured, nothing else. One depot for the whole city, that's okay.
6. Poor graphic optimization. The graphics are far from modern, but they slow down as modern. Many video cards are very hot.
7. Weak AI "simulators". Often pedestrians and motorists choose far from optimal routes.
8. Too easy. In pursuit of rendering and # hashtags, the developers forgot about the balance.
9. Leisure buildings are presented in a slightly strange way. What are the hard-square parks that can only be built by the road. After Cities XL, to which this game is often compared, it all looks very scanty.
10. There is no adequate resource system. There are "obligatory" oil, forests, farms, but there is no very visible difference from them. In the last SimCity, there was a good resource system when chains of industries were built that brought tangible income to the city.
11. There is no specialization of cities. All cities are gray and monotonous. Neither you, industrial hell, nor a sweet paradise, nothing like that. There should be a little of everything.

Y
Yoshemitsu 17.12.20

Played for a couple of hours, built a city with 30,000 digs and earned about a million.
I don’t want to go back, I don’t see any point in drooling again for a couple of hours in order to earn millions more, which there’s nothing to even spend on it.

T
T-and 17.12.20

The game is beautiful, with a low threshold of entry, there are a couple of interesting ideas. It's interesting in the first couples, but as soon as you get to high-density areas, you get bored. There is nowhere to spend money, how many roads are not built and how many public transport you do not do, there will be problems with traffic jams due to which ambulances cannot reach patients at 60-80k, hearses to ghouls, firefighters before a fire. The city stops developing, districts are being built up without stopping, at the same time, without services, old houses are empty, even if hospitals are across the road, people die there from diseases.
The system of politics is somehow shallow and in fact most of them have minimal impact on the process of city development.
But the game is addictive, which is a rarity lately and everything is very good in the initial stages.
Overly childish and without any challenge, just a sandbox for one evening. I think 6.5 (Better than average) is an adequate estimate.

L
Luk410 17.12.20

I played for a couple of hours and somehow I don't want to anymore, interest disappears from boredom and monotony of the game, desire and interest for the construction of the second city disappear completely. Everything is very dull and gray.
The first thing that disappointed is that there is no day-night change, the second, the graph leaves much to be desired, especially when you realize that it's already 2015 outside the window, even in SimCity 2013 the graphics will be several times better against the background of this game, although there it is not Ice either. Third, coal and oil power plants consume resources and begin to whine about their lack, and this despite the fact that the city is in full swing mining of these same resources, how can this be? I will not understand in any way ??? There is no air pollution, only water and soil, and even more so how to deal with the latter is generally a mystery of the century. Fourth, there are very few infrastructure buildings of various directions. Fifth, you cannot build tunnels and there is no way to create a city with some specific specialization for making a profit, such as gambling, mining, etc. Sixth, houses and buildings burn like matches, and this despite the fact that there are more fire stations in the city than buildings and houses themselves, they just stupidly do not go to extinguish them HZ. what is the reason, people are dying like flies, although there are more than enough hospitals in the city and industrial zones are far, far from the main city. In general, before the release of the game, I expected more, but it turned out that the same SimCity 2013, only terribly cut in opportunities with terrible graphics, but with huge maps for construction. The result is more cons than pros. She does not pull more than 6.5 on a 10-point scale. only terribly curtailed in opportunities with terrible graphics but with huge maps for construction. The bottom line is more minuses than pluses. She does not pull more than 6.5 on a 10-point scale. only terribly curtailed in opportunities with terrible graphics but with huge maps for construction. The result is more cons than pros. She does not pull more than 6.5 on a 10-point scale.

B
Brashnashla 17.12.20

Played. Boring. No challenge. Few social buildings. Ecology is poorly displayed. There is no point in playing with taxes - there is a lot of money. In general, I was not impressed.

_
_Grads 17.12.20

Quite a normal game, you can't build anything with a running start - you have to think about what makes you happy.
There are a lot of shouts here - they say, there are few buildings, there is nothing to do, in a couple of hours the metropolis has been built - and then a scream in pursuit: firefighters, ambulances are not working, traffic jams, people are running away, etc. It is so clear that the people are running away and everything is crumbling, and what did she build? Free money, speed at maximum, and rivet houses like a kindergarten from Lego, that's the result. The mind is not enough and those few buildings to build, where there are more.
If not 7/24 at the computer, in a month the result will be normal.
Well, whoever has no time and needs everything at once, buy Lego, there will be happiness ...

1rLx4DG06 17.12.20

I wanted so much that I even made a pre-order, but how I got it, now I can't understand why the heck is she to me? Well, I played a couple of dozen hours, played around in the map editor, and then what, why build new cities, what is the goal of everything? no goal, no interest.

n
nobody nobody nobody 17.12.20

played a little. seemed very wretched. the graphics are very bad.

K
KJluPuK 17.12.20

Unfortunately, all the pluses are broken into one huge minus: after a certain moment, you realize that there is nothing to do here. Nothing at all. And this moment comes early, about 20-25 thousand of the population. I was expecting a city simulator, not an urban settlement.

P
Pasha Tarasenko 17.12.20

I have never played games of this genre at all, and I’m not a fan of strategies at all, I decided to try it, my 2 days just disappeared somewhere, I don’t even remember the last time the game was so addictive

T
TTG 17.12.20

I got acquainted in an hour and a half. For once, a convenient and compact interface appeared in city-planning simulators ...
Of the minuses, I noticed a relatively small number of buildings and low complexity.

M
Maxim Chizh 17.12.20

In general, and not a game, to be honest, I have already started a new game for 5 years, I build everything as usual, as in Sims city, bastard and the population is 0, and writes that they are not happy, I already broke my head what else needs to be built. Electricity made, plumbing made, shit diversion made, industrial zone made, trade zone too. what else is needed for at least one snout to appear in the city?

R
Ruslan Bagmanov 17.12.20

The game is not bad. In what it is superior to cities xl, in what it lags behind.
Yes, I understand that "mods will finish", but there are also drawbacks that mods are unlikely to fix. For example, there is absolutely no information about the employment of the population. It is possible to understand that an enterprise needs people only when the corresponding icon appears above it. To understand where a person is going to work, you need to click on it with the mouse (!), In cities XL, you just need to click on a residential building, and the game itself displays the routes of all residents. This allows you to competently build roads and lay transport routes. unfortunately, there is no such thing in Skylines.

C
Cyril Mityanin 17.12.20

In general, I liked it. There is a lack of content, but the developers promised to support the game after the release, replenish the content + workshop. Whatever one may say, CO is not a big studio. I am sure that in the future the game will grow and be supplemented with all the missing features.

I
Imamate1829 17.12.20

A very good game. I like it. I hope with mods and patches the game will be made even more interesting

G
Good 17.12.20

The game is good, but after a while it becomes just not a hell of a thing, the difficulty is low, the loot flows like a river, nothing happens. But the first 7-8 hours of dating went off with a bang.

O
Oleg Nikitin9111685 17.12.20

the best traffic jam simulator

b
bloodnes 31.01.22

I was not impressed, the sim city would be more interesting for me, there are not so many problems that, in fact, as for me, do not improve the gameplay, but rather pile it up, you just throw buildings around the territory, money accumulates, there is nowhere to spend how to develop, the graphics are weak, given that patches and add-ons are released regularly, but there are zero graphical improvements at the same time. Prokhodnyak, the gameplay does not reach the level of sim city at all. If the latter dragged on for a week, then this game for a couple of hours.

D
DanilaKot 07.02.22

good game! I always liked to design something ... And here you can create entire cities, of course there are many ideas for improving the game, but unfortunately they will not come true ((
The game met my expectations, and I really liked it !!!