3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
C
CIKLOPOS 17.12.20 05:39 am

Game Impressions (Sid Meier's Civilization 5)

game of rules, but I do not like the fact that the computer is clearly cheating !!!
17 Comments
Sort by:
A
AlexBam 17.12.20

So far, only pluses ... I started playing only three days ago, until I see anything bad in the game. Trying a pirate. If everything is the same, I will buy a license.

L
LageRMan 17.12.20

I have some kind of stupid AI. They say he has a large army, a huge country, but does not attack, pisses, although the relationship is hostile. Or is he stupidly too lazy to send a couple of troops across half the world?

C
CIKLOPOS 17.12.20

LageRMan
I have some kind of stupid AI. They say he has a large army, a huge country, but does not attack, pisses, although the relationship is hostile. Or is he stupidly too lazy to send a couple of troops across half the world?

maybe the border between you is someone else's and he does not spoil relations with another civilian

C
CLiCKeT7 17.12.20

LageRMan, what is the difficulty level?

o
ostin321 17.12.20

I found a free way to capture the enemy's cities (though maybe everyone already knows about it) - if there are all kinds of spices, whales, etc., then I buy out several cities for them from someone and declare war on the same turn, so I have cities and resources I don’t deliver to the enemy.

H
HiDeyKan 17.12.20

the impression of the game is not very good. Even the 21st century is in the yard, but in the game I can neither build a bridge across the strait in 1 hex, nor pierce a tunnel in the mountain, and this is at the level of technology when a ship is already being built into space. this ship itself - what could be more stupid? why the victory is awarded to the one who flies the devil where? why not build, say, a base on the moon and a massive influx of resources. Why are coal and oil deposits not running out? Why are there so few different units? Why is there no loot from tourism for all those wonders of the world that I am building? Why don't refugees and epidemics ruin you during the seizure of territories, so that it becomes unprofitable to fight, immediately after the invention of tanks? Why are they not allowed to build cruise liners instead of battleships? etc. IMHO the game is morally outdated by design. It was normal for the 90s, but now it's already boring to play this. A modern global strategy should be more like real life - when a banking crisis is worse than a war and there is no one to fight with as Somali pirates. All these tanks and battleships look at least ridiculous - after the discovery of nuclear weapons, a total bombardment of neighbors should not begin, but on the contrary - all wars should stop immediately due to senselessness - and the war should be waged more complicated - only by politics and bribery.

In short, I'm disappointed. You can play a parteichka 1-2 times, but then you get bored with the same thing. When the sequence of development has been cut, the game proceeds along monotonous narrow rails without any possibility of an alternative. Someone will say - this is a continuation of the glorious traditions of the old civic, and I will say that this is the same old civic, only in a new package! Not hooked. There is nothing to cling to.

A
Atredis 17.12.20

HiDeyKan
you are right, I myself did not understand why the game did not insert the mnu. But it looks like it is, the game is not developing, there is nothing new. We've all seen this in previous parts. So there is no sense in playing.

S
Sir Lancevrot 17.12.20

Well, yes, the game has outlived its usefulness, but for beginners like me, this is just what you need. It's a pity I just can't find a normal rusik, can anyone help?

a
anonymous_245 17.12.20

After a day spent playing, you realize that this is a stupid game.

A
Atay Wolverine 17.12.20

I liked the game, but there are two drawbacks, the first is infuriating when you have several moves left before the construction of a wonder of the world is completed, and someone is ahead of you. And the second minus is the lack of real leverage on other powers when they steal technology from you, spread religion without asking and provocatively report that they were able to intimidate the union city-state. All sorts of rude answers, incomprehensible condemnation to them like an elephant a grain of waste, and declaring war on every occasion is also too much. The best option would be to be able to impose its own sanctions and embargo on them, as, for example, Russia prohibits the import of American chicken legs, or Ukrainian chocolate. And to make this feasible, it would be possible to introduce into the game a lot of different goods that the state produces and exports to other countries. It's clear business

Well, and a few more "little things". If you have friendship and open borders with powers that are at war, they can easily run around your territory and "sort things out" using artillery and aircraft. Imagine what it would look like in reality.
If you have a lot of strategic resources, and some of them simply disappear, why can't you collect them as a strategic reserve?
The outbreak of a war has no effect on the country's economy, although the conduct of a war is a huge stress for the economy and industry.
Units that leave the allied territory, the further they go deeper into the jungle, should suffer more and more from supply interruptions, in the desert suffer from heat, in the tundra - from cold, etc. This is not in the game.

Maybe my criticism is too much

R
Raging Garrus _ 17.12.20

The impressions of the game are positive.

P
PaulTheApostle 17.12.20

The only thing I am unhappy with is that every time before the move I have to do something, and I am satisfied with the game. And most of the disadvantages of the current Tsiva, except for what I described above, can be fixed with mods.

Y
Yakoff29rus 17.12.20

Has anyone had this? Where the game denotes the edge of the map, usually after you open everything, any land units, when crossing it, throw out the game with an error, and the fleet goes well, It's just really annoying to send a unit behind the barbarian camp across the entire map if I'm allowed to the left, and the camp appeared at right edge.

A
Atay Wolverine 17.12.20

For the tundra I would make a unique Russian improvement "Colony-Settlement" with +2 hammer, +1 science and +1 culture.

s
stranjer8 17.12.20

Here's a strange thing. Population discontent is caused by a strong slowdown in urban growth. What is it, because of discontent, people lose their desire, I beg your pardon, to multiply?

s
stalker7162534 17.12.20

O
Oleg Nikitin9111685 17.12.20

5 parts are missing chips from 6 as well as 6 parts are missing chips from 5