3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
Goroooo001 20.12.20 04:41 am

GTX 1060 fan roars

I bought the cheapest version of the GTX 1060 - a turbine from Manli, in addition to the obvious advantage - a low price, there are a couple of disadvantages, choke whistle (only in 100% load) and fan noise when idle.

If anyone knows how to reduce noise in idle time, because threshing be healthy, and the temperature is already low.

16 Comments
Sort by:
G
Greencore 20.12.20

Goroooo001
msi afterburner to the rescue

A
Alexandrovitch 20.12.20

Machine oil to help. I grease my old woman with it every two years. Analogs will work too

G
Goroooo001 20.12.20

greencore
32% is the lowest option, are there any other options?

x
xoen 20.12.20

Goroooo001 wrote:
whistling chokes
Immediately under replacement. What the heck is such a miracle? Should change without question.
There is a lot of software to control the fan. However, it is better to start from here
https://nvworld.ru/articles/rivatuner_fan_control/
https://nvworld.ru/utilities/msiafterburner/

M
MunchkiN 616 20.12.20

whistle chokes
Immediately under the replacement. What the heck is such a miracle?
pitch whistle is not a technical malfunction

K
Kraicher 20.12.20

xoen I
support - for exchange. No experimenting. I have 1070 evga (turbo) - silent.
PS Or maybe the power supply unit beeps? At one time, the PSU squeaked from overload.

x
xoen 20.12.20

MunchkiN 616
This is where you are wrong. Throttle whistling is quite a malfunction.
The reason for the exchange is an unacceptable whistle under load, not matching those. requirements.

M
MunchkiN 616 20.12.20

xoen
they told me that the whistle is bad characteristics of the power supply current with a high power consumption of the card

w
warp 37 20.12.20

Throttle whistling is normal. My GTX 670 from Gigabyte whistled sometimes, now the ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1060 6Gb also whistles at sky-high frame rates (in the Killing Floor menu, for example), despite the selected component base.

x
xoen 20.12.20

warp 37
Lord, I won't even argue. If you like to endure - endure;)

w
warp 37 20.12.20

xoen, throttle whistling at high frame rates is normal. Another thing is that they whistle even on models with the highest quality layout ...

B
BloodRayT 20.12.20

The main thing is that there would be no whistle in normal mode without load. And so the oil to help.

x
xoen 20.12.20

warp 37
Here I can confirm with regard to BP. Wasn't the cheapest Thermaltake 1200W 80 PLUS® Gold. Whistled immediately after switching on i.e. virtually no load. On the same day, a replacement was made without any questions at all. It's good that there were still 4 pieces in stock.

F
Fatcannabis 20.12.20

Shouting from the downs that are interfered with by the squeak of chokes, the squeak of chokes is not a problem here, one shkolota is stupid

x
xoen 20.12.20

Chelseafc777
Perhaps I will repeat myself . If you are satisfied with the squeak of throttles - be patient, personal choice.
I'm not happy with those and those for whom I collect iron, too, will not suit. Taking 30 minutes to replace is nothing at all.
The question of squeaking throttles is, I hope, closed? ;)

The topic is generally about a roaring fan))

-
-SK.art- 20.12.20

xoen wrote:
Taking 30 minutes to replace is nothing at all.
in fact, far from everywhere you will be replaced in 30 minutes. Only if you were promised money back when buying, in which case.
And so, the replacement procedure is as follows: take it to the store, say that you are not satisfied with the video card and would like to replace it. It's not worth talking about chokes) Just say "I didn't like it." You will be sent to the store's service center, where you hand over your video card for a "quality check". This procedure takes no more than 3 days. Then you take away the video card and documents, which say that everything is ok with the card, that it is working and does not have damaged seals, etc. Take the whole thing to the store and issue a refund or exchange for another card. In principle, nothing complicated.
Oh yes, I completely forgot: this procedure is relevant only in the first 14 days from the date of purchase. It is very important that the entire delivery set is not opened, that the seals are not damaged, etc. It is also very important that there are no bolt marks on the metal plate of the card (which are used to screw the card to the case).
I just recently returned two MSI GTX1070 Gaming X. I packed everything as it was, even glued the films back to the fan) In order to keep the presentation.