3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
Nikitos rus 20.12.20 04:52 am

References to the previous part of the mafia (Mafia 2)

pix.PlayGround.ru
For example, "Frankie" is very similar to Frank from the first part of the mafia. In the second part, he is also called that. Here's proof that his name is Frankie. (Enlarge picture)pix.PlayGround.ru
26 Comments
Sort by:
O
One of them 20.12.20

Textures.

l
lacoste_88 20.12.20

Links to the first part of the game
The loading screens contain quotes from Thomas Angelo from the trial of Salieri (in fact, lines from his conversation with Detective Norman).
In chapter 14, players have to kill the main character of Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven - Tommy Angelo. The murder scene is almost identical to the final video from "Mafia", except that instead of Vito, it was supposed to be Eddie, and the murder weapon was a sawed-off shotgun.
When Vito takes Leo to the train station, he says he will go to Lost Haven.
When Vito goes to see Joe for the first time, two people outside his house discuss the differences between Empire Bay's traffic rules and Lost Haven.
On the radio wave "Classic Empire" you can hear the musical composition from Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven.
In the port you can see the boxes of the company "Import-Export Scorsese", which were found in the first part of the game.
The Crazy horse bar, which Vito and his teammates shoot in Chapter 8, is the name of the car from the first part of the game: it can be won in the Big Walk mode and its style (hot rod) is similar to the cars of the grease drivers.
In chapter 11, during a conversation between Henry and Vito, the latter says that it is better to work in the mafia than as a taxi driver. This is an obvious allusion to the first part of the game, because Tommy Angelo just worked as a taxi driver.
Paulie from the first part and Carlo Falcone are voiced by Oleg Shcherbinin.
Luca Bertone and Luca Gurino are voiced by Boris Repeetur.
Henry Tomasino, like Paulie from Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven, does things for the sake of money, after which they die.
Trago, a refueling company and refueling in general, was on the Mafia: the City of Lost Heaven race mission (like an ad over the track), and here Trago runs gas stations throughout Empire Bay, and Francesca worked there as a secretary.
In mission number 3 "Enemy of the State" Joe says the phrase "And take the gun with you - you never know ...", this phrase was used by Vincenzo, the gunsmith of the Salieri family from the first part of the game.

l
lacoste_88 20.12.20

and just interesting facts

l
lacoste_88 20.12.20

During a stealth mission to steal gas tickets, the guards can be heard discussing, first, animation, and later the possibility of developing video games. And on the radio, the announcer talks about the ability to switch channels without getting up from the couch (IR remotes).
The game often mentions the city of Lost Heaven from the first part of "Mafia". Also on the fish trucks are the words "Lost Heaven".
The names McClossky (owner of a chain of gun shops) and Tomasino (partner of Vito and Joe) are a possible reference to the novel "The Godfather", and the song that one of the prisoners hums in the prisoner's soul is played in the movie "The Godfather" at Connie Corleone's wedding and Carlo Rizzi.
In the additional content of the game, there is a poster with a character named Carlos Lopez (also known as Charlie). In the story, he is not involved, but in the downloadable add-on "Jimmy's Vendetta" "Joe's Adventures" and from him you can get additional tasks to steal cars.
In Chapter 8, in response to the greeter's question, "How did you get here?" Steve replies, "Damn it, I came along the yellow brick road." This is a reference to The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.
The content of Chapter 7 (in particular the burial of the corpse) and the sale of stolen cigarettes in Chapter 8 are similar to the moments from the movie "Goodfellas".
In the mission to Chinatown, the restaurant in which all the action takes place is a reference to the movie Once Upon a Time in America. According to the film, De Niro's hero sleeps in the basement of a Chinese theater, where they smoke opium. Also, in the elevator of the restaurant, it seems that the door is blocked by brickwork. In the film, such masonry is present in the restaurant of a friend of "Noodles", which is performed by De Niro.
The "Search" posters feature photographs and the names of the developers.

G
Grand theft aero 20.12.20

Copying is not good ...

L
Lyuxs 20.12.20

yes, he somehow behaves badly (((

A
Andrew GUNgster 20.12.20

In the opening video, the person in the port has the same face as one of the Morello people.

l
lacoste_88 20.12.20

Grand Theft Aero [Rides Lada Priore]
I will no longer be))
Lyuxs

what have I done wrong?)

l
lacoste_88 20.12.20

well, a clear stump, in chapter 14 at the very beginning of the "pleasant" surprise))

O
One of them 20.12.20

I'll just say an interesting fact:
In Joe's Adventures, when Joe comes back, he is wearing a mustache and glasses (like a conspiracy), it reminds me of Johnny Dillengira (From the movie Johnny D.), where he was hiding from the police, wearing glasses and a mustache.

L
Lyuxs 20.12.20

lacoste_88
Forget it. I was in a bad mood.

N
Nikitos rus 20.12.20

Lyuxs
+1. I cried. Well, how could you do that ?!
To create a masterpiece of all the games the people played, telling about the cruel fate of the mafia. Make the second part, but not a hit ... failure ... These goats fired the writer of the first, very successful part of the mafia. Made a pitiful 15 chapters when the first part had hundreds. 7 hours of passage, when in the first mafia, the time to complete took several weeks. We only made good graphics, scripts ... And almost at the end of the game, kill the main character of the first part. Who needs it ?!

.. And everything could be different. We would have waited another two years and it would have been a hit in 2013. With the same graphics as now, but with 1000 chapters, with a great plot ... And that would have been all if the scriptwriter had not been fired ... Where did he go? Imagine? Would the developers of a good game meet him again, or ask him to join the development of Mafia 3 ... and everything would be fine. But alas. The screenwriter has ALREADY been fired .. The second part has ALREADY been released .. :(

P
Psytech 20.12.20

Nikitos eng
Made a pitiful 15 chapters when there were hundreds of

FAQs in the first part ????

B
BergoVic 20.12.20

Giuseppe used to be a burglar in Lost Haven.
He even helped Thomas to get into one well-guarded mansion ...

a
arsld 20.12.20

He even helped Thomas to get into one well-guarded mansion ...

As bea, Salvatore was that man's name.

E
Evil Dart Revan 20.12.20

Nikitos rus
It was the Czechs' move. I read that several chapters were cut out.

A
Andrew GUNgster 20.12.20

Salvatore in the 30s did not seem too young to me, I also remembered: Smith thunderBOLT Bolt-Ford in the first part, Smith in the second. cULVER-Chrysler in the second (I did not press the caps) Ulver-first part.

G
Grand theft aero 20.12.20

GTA San Andreas-TA = Tommy Andgello.

V
Vavle2010 20.12.20

And everything could be different. We would have waited two more years and it would have been a hit in 2013.
All there would be nothing, only now, for two years the game would not have been expected, and if there is no one, then at least 2020 nothing new will not be "demolished".

O
One of them 20.12.20

"two years the game would not have been waiting for"
Nonsense. We would have waited.