3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
Tiger goose 20.12.20 04:53 am

Mafia II - 2016 on Steam. What it is? (Mafia 2)

Mafia II at one time disappeared from the Steam store (there was no Buy button on the game page). In early summer this year, the game was returned to the digital store, and now the page says "Buy Mafia II - 2016". Is this 2016 version any different from the previous one?
17 Comments
Sort by:
F
Fulkrum 20.12.20

Tiger Goose
No

[
[EHOT] 20.12.20

Tiger Goose is
absolutely no different, same mafia 2

A
Ababkov Denis 20.12.20

Tiger Goose
It seems that some of the songs were deleted, in short, that gta was withdrawn at one time, that the mafia would not make the current worse

A
Akrura 20.12.20

Tiger Goose This
version features some cut music due to the expiration of its license.

T
Tiger goose 20.12.20

Ababkov Denis
Akrura
I wonder if the old versions are updated to a new state with cut music?

P
Pumping iron 20.12.20

Tiger Goose
No, they are not updated ... since older versions are sold products when the license was still valid

F
Fran4sko 20.12.20

Tiger Goose
Textures have been replaced.

G
Grandshot 20.12.20

Fran4sko
Where does infa come from?

s
strelok312 20.12.20

Tiger Goose
Something was cut, because this version sounds like: Directors cut edition 2016. But what exactly I did not understand, there are both versions, I did not notice any changes, at least in the plot.

G
Grandshot 20.12.20

strelok312
Ditectors cut does not mean that something was cut, but on the contrary the "extended" version. For example, if a film is released in such a publication, it means that the timing has been slightly increased, some moments in the film have been added / replaced, etc.
In games, this means that this is just another edition of the game with all the DLC released for it, as in the GoTY edition. It's very rare that the Directors Cut developers add some small DLC, and any content about the development of the game. An edition of the game in which something was "added", "altered" or brought back to something that was cut during the development of the original game, would be called a remaster.

F
Fran4sko 20.12.20

Grandshot
I bought it and compared it with the old version.

G
Grandshot 20.12.20

Fran4sko
Can you take screenshots?

I noticed on the incentive that TEAM1 DLC # 9 and # 10 began to appear in the DLC section. Of the add-ons for the mafia, I only had a Made Man pack.

F
Fran4sko 20.12.20

Grandshot

G
Grandshot 20.12.20

Fran4sko
Well, I was really greedy) I could put at least a couple more screenshots)

So far I don't see any changes. All the same.

s
strelok312 20.12.20

Grandshot
Then I'm sorry, I thought that everything is the same as with Wasteland 2

T
Tiger goose 20.12.20

Response from 2K Games Tech Support:

“The Mafia II re-release does not have any differences between its content and the original Mafia II as it was on Steam. The reason for the "2016" is related to the game being unavailable for some time because of certain issues unrelated to the game's functionality. As such, this re-release of the game is exactly the same as the previous version and there are no differences between the two. If you previously had the game, it has been updated to this new version on Steam. "

S
Strchi 20.12.20

Apparently just a version with a dls