3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
Lesha Petrenko 20.12.20 04:56 am

Should I buy 6700K now?

Help with advice, there is an opportunity to replace my old FX8320 with a more powerful processor, I'm thinking about 6700K, but on the eve of the release of a new generation, is it worth buying it now, especially since I will have to change both the motherboard and the RAM. The only thing that does not make me happy is the imperceptible performance gain of the new generation (7700K) and the lack of a graphics core. The only hope is some new technology, such as a single socket for all subsequent generations or something?
14 Comments
Sort by:
w
warp 37 20.12.20

It makes no sense to buy components before the release of a new generation. Although, processors have not been developing for half a dozen years, so this is not as critical as in the case of video cards.

L
Lesha Petrenko 20.12.20

I was a little upset by the lack of integrated graphics in the new 7700K, which is not very encouraging (in the case when you sold a video card, but haven't bought a new one yet).

K
Krrrva 20.12.20

Starting with ivy bridge, the performance of the processors remains almost unchanged. take the i7 6700k, it will cope with rendering, and for any games with a stream, it will be enough for another 4 years at least. I'm sitting on the i7 3770 and I'm not going to change it, I can handle anything. well, the socket for all subsequent generations is nonsense, this will not happen

G
GG4 20.12.20

Lesha Petrenko
Next year already 6 nuclear scientists will appear (at an affordable price without x). 4 cores will soon be in the past like now 2.

h
helio 20.12.20

GG4
has an 8-core processor

L
Listoman 20.12.20

Lesha Petrenko
Yes, take 6700k. There is no point in waiting for 7700k, because this is just an i7 6700k overclocked to 4.5 GHz (not even across all cores). And on the z170a mother, then with the BIOS update, it will be possible to shove 7700k

M
MunchkiN 616 20.12.20

there will be no graphics in 7700? so it's good
as for me a weighty pitch argument is that the platform has the latest full-fledged express 4.0. if it is not there, then no prospect of upgrading with a more powerful video card or some kind of dx12.5. and when it is introduced, whether there will be top cards on it quickly, whether it will be for the next sockets, I do not know.

L
Listoman 20.12.20

MunchkiN 616
And what prevents you from the schedule in the process? The lack of graphics can only reduce the price of the processor, but the 7700 has a standard price, because it has a built-in) And Express 4.0 is still far away.

M
MunchkiN 616 20.12.20

Listoman
excess transistor fat. time. overheating and overvoltage-sensitive cache and two controllers. this excess heat is 3. possible errors and conflicts of device driver screens and disconnection of the controller of express lines, which physically does not happen with Amud and Ilzh 1366 and 2011 this is 4
well and the price. peck-peck
and what a fig for me with video cards is some kind of crap that speeds up the desktop.

L
Listoman 20.12.20

MunchkiN 616
In the presence of a normal vidyahi, the built-in is disabled, which negates your disadvantages. Only the price remains

h
helio 20.12.20

Dimast1941
you at least read the topic from him FX8320 - 8 cores

M
MunchkiN 616 20.12.20

with such a video card, you can not change anything in principle,
but if you buy another large or two,
then you already need to overcame it as with the gamers there will be
a tendency so far that even for full HD you need a very productive card and the requirements for processors are not growing very quickly.

S
Shock Burst 20.12.20

Feel free to buy, i7-6700k will last for a long time!

K
Kraicher 20.12.20

Shock Burst wrote:
Feel free to buy, i7-6700k will last for a long time!
I fully support it. And the FX8320 is in the window.