3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
a
aka_sektor 20.12.20 04:58 am

[Steam-Portal] Glados voiceover ends before ending (Portal)

I decided to play Portal, and then from about the second level I noticed that Glados's phrases did not end to the end. He turned on the subtitles, compared them - indeed, for some reason they cut off. I put the English voice acting in the options - this problem is gone.

What is the problem being asked?
I was looking for a solution, it seems like there is a similar problem in Portal 2, but there it is solved by entering the commands in the console:
snd_rebuildaudiocache
snd_updateaudiocache

But in this version of the game there seem to be no such commands.
10 Comments
Sort by:
M
Madevi 20.12.20

Russian voice acting in the first part, the bottom is complete. It is better to read the subtitles, however, in the final you may not have time.
For me, as a solution to this problem, for some reason, it comes into my head to substitute archives with English voice acting for Russian, instead of changing through the settings.

a
aka_sektor 20.12.20

Madevi
and what exactly? There are much fewer archives with the russian prefix than without it.

M
Madevi 20.12.20

aka_sektor, as far as I know, these vpk files are made as a multivolume archive, and if you just replace russian with english, they will still be read as one archive, despite the difference in quantity.

a
aka_sektor 20.12.20

Madevi
Doubtful given the size of the files:

M
Madevi 20.12.20

aka_sektor, just change the file names from russian to english and change the audio language to english in the settings. Just leave the files with the original names as copies, otherwise the game will again download the Russian voice acting when you enter.

a
aka_sektor 20.12.20

Madevi
put the English language in the options, threw these 3 russian files, renamed english. The game picked up, there is Russian voice acting, but it still breaks off. If the cache file is deleted, then it is created automatically, but there is no difference - the breaks remain.

V
Victor Dukoff 20.12.20

aka_sektor
Why be surprised then? This is the fault of most of the kakbe localizations of the under-company "beech" without direct quality control from Western publishers. Although, cutting off phrases and words is a small minor nuisance compared to the mockery that these bastards have been arranging since the 13th year.

a
aka_sektor 20.12.20

Victor Dukoff
I have a persistent feeling that the problem is in the incorrectly generated cache. The phrases themselves are translated and voiced in full.

I
Ivan_Lisov 16.02.21

Hmm, this is all interesting

J
Jinark 30.03.21

This fix solved the problem

https://www.moddb.com/mods/portal-fix-russian-localization