3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
Namel3ss 20.12.20 05:02 am

Sound problems (Star Wars: Empire at War)

Why is there no sound in the game ??? How to deal with this? The "sound" tab in the options is gray, not available = (And without sound, it's finally impossible to play.
19 Comments
Sort by:
l
last 20.12.20

Check hardware acceleration

F
Father Victorius 20.12.20

Probably cha has a Russian pirate. Install English and then download the crack from zoneofgames.ru, there this problem is solved.

V
Vovantro 20.12.20

When I put patch 1.03, the sound also disappears, I think because I put NO CD from version 1.02 ... :)
It doesn’t matter on the English version or on the Russian!

Z
Zombayner 20.12.20

So how to fix that? I really put faces on the pirate. The patch translation became good, but there is no sound.

T
Treebeard 20.12.20

The same song, there is no sound and that's it: (
Maybe you need to replace which file or several. Who knows which ones, let them put them on www.webfile.ru or the like. That would be Russian-speaking and the size can be seen.

And then a pirate in Russian and without sound at all option to play: (everything is bad.

Z
ZerQ2007 20.12.20

Help, installed Star Wars EAW Forces of Corruption but no sound !! ??

A
Apple aka ntKid 20.12.20

For some reason everything is in order for me, the pirate was not bad, but it did not play on the Internet :)
If there is no sound, then you need to put the CD in a third-party folder and figure out what is wrong.

T
THX_1138 20.12.20

You do not need to install patches until the sound will be.

C
CanCanbI4 20.12.20

Take a license and no problem :-)

J
James_Stone 20.12.20

I took a license (forse of coruption add-on) but there was no sound, put a pirate and everything is ok!

A
Apple aka ntKid 20.12.20

I took a license (forse of coruption add-on) but there was no sound
Submit a complaint to the publisher, mb you will achieve something, for example, return money and / or sound :)

-
-Warlock- 20.12.20

This is not due to patches.
You need to have a Star Wars: Empire at War license and put the Forces of Corruption license on it, then there will be sound.
Good luck everyone!

s
sith96 20.12.20

There is no sound because the sound files of the game are corrupted.

_
_GrID_ 20.12.20

This is not due to patches.
You need to have a Star Wars: Empire at War license and put the Forces of Corruption license on it, then there will be sound.
Good luck everyone!
I put on a license (which is currently expired) of persons. addition - there was no sound from FoC.

-
-Warlock- 20.12.20

_GrID_ I don’t
know what’s the matter, in theory everything should be in order.

K
KS96 20.12.20

So, perhaps the problem that caused the sound was missing has been found.
I did research with a friend of mine who also has a SW FOC. Perhaps the reason for the lack of sound is patch 1.1
A friend has a game with version 1.00.55911 (there is sound), mine is with 1.01.58910 (no sound).
Almost all those who have no sound in the game are the owners of a "well" patched game.
This problem can be solved, but only the older version files are needed, which I do not have in order to conduct this experiment.
Hope for your help or your criticism. :-)
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
All of the above is a lie! In fact, the sound problem is easily fixed!
For simple SWEAW - after installing patch 1.05, rename the SFX2D_English.meg file to SFX2D_Russian.meg (local disk / games / sw-eaw / gamedata / data / audio / SFX) The dialogs disappear, but they can be restored. The method has already been described here.
For SW EaW FOC - do the first method, set FOC and voila! Is there sound!
Verified personally!

V
Veres14 20.12.20

So how to restore dialogs ???

N
Nightingale_Rogue 20.12.20

KS96
thanks!

V
VadimW 20.12.20

KS96, thanks, it helped!