3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
B
BlackGhoSsT 20.12.20 05:10 am

Problems with graphics settings (Doom (2016))

I decided to achieve a pure 60 fps in the game, because the shooter is very fast and there would be more fps. I got into the graphics settings. And I was simply taken aback .... From ultra to high, a maximum increase of 5-7 fps, is this the norm? Antialiasing does not affect FPS at all. At least set the maximum, at least cut it down completely, this will not affect performance in any way. Am I alone with such miracles?
21 Comments
Sort by:
D
DenS SliM ShadY 20.12.20

Speedy10
Then it will manifest itself, I set it to the maximum on a laptop and give out 50-60, another time I go in and start 5-10, wild friezes

c
cripples 20.12.20

Pure 60 fps does not last long freezes constantly

s
solovey2003 20.12.20

In the graphics settings, you need the Graphics API, setting the Vulcan API will add performance. And at the expense of other settings, I don’t know, the game is so dynamic that you don’t have time to look at something. Which is very bad by the way. I didn't really like the new doom, there is no chtoli soul in it, thoughtless running through the levels and skirmishes is not quite what I expect from games of this level. And the dynamism of the battles begins to rock. Even in counter there is time to think and pay a little attention to tactics and strategy. And then you don't even have to think about aiming and shooting. Is not cool. Such games have long been out of fashion.

P
Protocol10 20.12.20

solovey2003
set the Vulcan API this will add performance

Maybe it adds to the radeons, but if someone has a nvidia card, then with this api the performance will be much lower.

the game is so dynamic that you don't really have time to look at something. Which is very bad by the way.
Between battles, the Duma has a lot of time to wander around the map in search of secrets, well, to admire the work of designers and artists. I don't know how you played at all.

I didn't really like the new doom, there is no chtoli soul in it, mindless running through the levels and skirmishes is not quite what I expect from games of this level.

Thoughtless running around? You are aware that there is a map in the game, and if you delve into its structure a little, there will be no thoughtless running around. As for the "soul", I don't know what you wanted, but this is the same doom and it should be just that.

And the dynamism of the battles begins to rock.
So the dynamics in shooters is not yours. Play something slower.

And then you don't even have to think about aiming and shooting.
Did you play on easy? Do not point and shoot to Doom, but constantly move, go around from the rear, use the terrain ,. You didn't understand the essence of the game at all.

Such games have long been out of fashion.
This is sad. Console jokes like code are in vogue for schoolchildren, where you shoot at static dummies for one minute, then watch a cut scene with attempts to suck out a semblance of drama for ten minutes, and to heal it is enough to sit behind cover for a while. This is the soul!

L
Lllllllama 20.12.20

"From ultra to high, a maximum increase of 5-7 fps, is this the norm?"
Well, yes - this is the norm.

B
BlackGhoSsT 20.12.20

George Dark
What about anti-aliasing? After all, this cannot be so that the performance does not change at all, no matter what anti-aliasing is set ...

M
MorirMerda 20.12.20

I didn't have 60 fps at minimum with OpenGL, but with the volcano, the real gain turned out, and now on my bucket (in the profile) I can run at least at 60 fps at minimum.
Simply, if everything slows down, you select the image profile - low, and try it.

s
solovey2003 20.12.20

Protocol10
Gold is the most expensive material in the world - no, it is not, because there are still a bunch of others more expensive. (what?, what are you talking about?) This is how I understood your answer. Lizba argue as they say. And there is little essence in it. Sales your first answer about the volcano, I have nvidia, so you are no longer right. And then delirium in the same spirit.

D
DarkTenshi666 20.12.20

Protocol10

Nvidia will have much lower fps with a volcano? WTF !? on my old man, I can only play on a volcano, it is impossible to play on open gl after receiving a chainsaw, and in general it is impossible in principle.

P
Protocol10 20.12.20

solovey2003
DarkTenshi666
About the volcano. I have a nvidia gtx 780ti card. I tried to put a volcano and saw that the FPS in the game with it immediately falls. Tested on high preset and ultra. Later I watched the tests. For example, here http://gamegpu.com/action-/-fps-/-tps/doom-api-vulkan-test-gpu

Here is a test with opengl for ultra in 1080
Spoiler

Here is a test for vulkan also for ultra in 1080
Spoiler

Then the tester makes a conclusion. Several conclusions can be drawn from these results. AMD video cards in the Vulkan API give a significant increase in performance, and NVIDIA is minimal (the Kepler family generally goes into the minus), apparently it is necessary to wait for new drivers. It is also worth noting that the Vulkan API can rationally use only the video card memory, and if the game consumes more, then the performance of video cards drops to an unplayable level ...

We take nvidia
gtx 1080 cards on openGL faster by 2 fps
gtx 980 faster by 4 fps
gtx 970 faster by 4 fps
gtx 780 ti faster by 28 fps
gtx 780 faster by 25 fps

Moreover. To make sure, check the recommended settings in geforce expirience and there Nvidia also recommends installing openGL as it is more productive.

B
BlackGhoSsT 20.12.20

I wanted to ask for advice on my problem, but in the end I got into a dispute with this opengl and vulkan ...

P
Protocol10 20.12.20

Speedy10
And what is your question? The difference in settings between ultra and high is really minor. FPS will manifest itself when you walk away and there will be a lot of meat. I advise you to just play high.

B
BlackGhoSsT 20.12.20

Protocol10
Yes, about anti-aliasing it's curious, it's just that I haven't seen such a
joke in any game yet. Speedy10 wrote:
Anti-aliasing does not affect FPS at all. At least set the maximum, at least cut it completely, this will not affect performance in any way

P
Protocol10 20.12.20

Speedy10
Affects. It takes a few fps. You just can't see it. You need to write fraps tests to the log and watch. And you are trying to spy out something by sight, then you start to hover people's brains and whine. Do tests before you write nonsense and pour from empty to empty.

Here I tested a two-minute piece of the same level especially for you in fraps.

2016-09-11 17:46:38 - DOOMx64 anti-aliasing is disabled. vertic. disabled. preset high. 1080p resolution
Frames: 9997 - Time: 120000ms - Avg: 83.308 - Min: 59 - Max: 131

2016-09-11 17:52:23 - DOOMx64 TSAA (8TX) anti-aliasing. the vertical is off. preset high. 1080p resolution
Frames: 9630 - Time: 120000ms - Avg: 80.250 - Min: 62 - Max: 122

Antialiasing does not affect FPS at all. At least set the maximum, at least cut it down completely, this will not affect performance in any way.
Now you understand that you are wrong and anti-aliasing reduces FPS?

D
DarkTenshi666 20.12.20

Protocol10

I don’t know why your FPS sags with a volcano, but on the contrary, my FPS becomes even more, and in general it becomes more pleasant to play.

So these are pure problems for you =)

P
Protocol10 20.12.20

DarkTenshi666
Question. If the problems are purely for me, why do third-party tests show a similar picture? What video card do you have?

D
DarkTenshi666 20.12.20

Protocol10

The profile seems to indicate my vidyushka, since I didn’t think of looking, I’ll write so, I have a GTX 650 2gb video card, it’s almost unplayable on opengl, but on the volcano it’s just that. All the game software is fresh, video and audio drivers and others there DirectX, PhysX, C ++, etc. If I test two identical places on the opengle and on the volcano, then on the volcano I have a much higher FPS than on the opengl.

P
Protocol10 20.12.20

DarkTenshi666 Got it
. So whoever has to. But the volcano is, in theory, imprisoned for radeons.

D
DarkTenshi666 20.12.20

Protocol10

Although it is more convenient to play under the volcano, it is also inconvenient, why would you ask me? because damn after some time the game hangs tightly, or it can freeze right away when the overlay is opened in the incentive, with the initial logo it can also freeze, when loading, in the main menu, at these moments the game simply gradually stops eating computer resources, the processor generally almost does not use or does not use at all, the memory also eats at least from 100 mb to 1 gb, this is probably due to how you said that the volcano is imprisoned for radeons.

There are no such problems on opengl, except for very rare cases (how to win the lottery) when it can hang there, but again, I repeat, very rarely happens, on opengle only the game itself does not go very smoothly like on a volcano, such are the things.

P
Protocol10 20.12.20

DarkTenshi666
Got you. I'll have to read what they write later.