3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
g
graniza 20.12.20 05:14 am

FPS problem (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Hello. I played last year and had 45 fps on medium-high settings. Now 25 on the same. What's the salt?
Amd fx 6300, gtx 650 ti oc, 8gb ram.
I must say right away that it is advanced in the game settings (I know what to disable and what not). And by the way, can the hard drive affect so much? I have it old, the year 2011 is not ssd, but hdd, and it has 10% free space somewhere. Should you buy an ssd drive?
21 Comments
Sort by:
m
muromez 20.12.20

Or maybe in the wood ... did you update

D
Den4ikRZK 20.12.20

graniza
task manager, Msi afterburner to help, monitor, watch, draw conclusions. Good luck!

G
Gunlinger 20.12.20

Den4ikRZK a
strange answer, by the way, I also had about half a year ago +45 fps on the same settings as now, but now it gives out 25-30, the problem is in patches and different calculation algorithms

J
JetFIRE13 20.12.20

graniza
It's just that the game has been slightly improved in terms of graphics. Here is the drop in FPS.

P
Prides 20.12.20

As for the hard drive, no, it cannot. If your disc is dirty, the maximum that you face in the game is long launches / loads of the game. People buy SSDs not so much for games as for the system - in games you will not feel an increase in FPS except for the same fast game launches / downloads. However, your FPS will not change. So it's better to upgrade the video card - with your system it will be the most optimal waste of money. Regarding the witcher - check the application settings in the nvidia panel - maybe there is a problem there.
ZY tell me the permission you are playing on.

g
graniza 20.12.20

Prides
1440x900, what needs to be changed in the nvidia panel?

P
Protocol10 20.12.20

graniza
Put physics on the video card in the nvidia panel.

G
Gunlinger 20.12.20

Protocol10
there is no physics in the game, it's pointless

P
Protocol10 20.12.20

There is
no Gunlinger physics in the game, it's pointless.

Don't write what you don't know. Physics is present in the game. http://www.nvidia.ru/object/nvidia-physx-support-in-the-witcher-3-jun14-2013-en.html

NVIDIA PhysX- unregulated setting in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, but its implementation is great as it adds dynamic fabrics and destruction effects across all platforms. On a computer with much more powerful processors, these effects are more realistic, containing additional particles that persist for a longer period of time in the environment.

Therefore, I advise you to put a video card in the physx settings. Because autoselect or cpu can lead to performance degradation.

A
Andre fd 20.12.20

graniza
My disk is also old and everything is normal, so this is all garbage ... It is necessary to monitor the load of resources and identify the problem

D
Den4ikRZK 20.12.20

Gunlinger
Well, it means they have driven the 600 series of Geforce (although this is nonsense), personally, after all the updates, the FPS has grown a bit, and the game has become more stable.

D
Den4ikRZK 20.12.20

Andre fd
is the same as you wrote to him, so respected Gunlinger considers this advice strange, so much can happen to a PC in six months.

P
Prides 20.12.20

graniza
Well, just check, the game uses the settings from the application, or the global parameter from nvidia. Perhaps the problem is buried here. By the way, I came to the idea that you also have a miner somewhere - scan your computer for viruses with a good antivirus. They love to eat game-critical resources.

G
Gunlinger 20.12.20

Protocol10
okay, if there is physics, then why is it not in the settings? hairline is not physics

P
Protocol10 20.12.20

Gunlinger
Read carefully. Physics is there, but this is an unregulated setting. You cannot turn it on or off at will. He just is in the game. And this is not hair, but such things as the behavior of tissues, small particles, objects, dismemberment, destruction of walls, etc.

u
upumeg95 20.12.20

graniza
roll back to old patches after Blood and Wine improved the graphics and after that it eats more

D
Den4ikRZK 20.12.20

upumeg95
why rollback to do? in the game, they improved performance, but did not degrade it, it's about the pc.

G
Gunlinger 20.12.20

Den4ikRZK
if the game worked normally before, but after the patches it began to work slower, then it is more logical that the rollback should help

g
graniza 20.12.20

I noticed this. I cleaned the computer and after that it showed my 45 fps, but after 5 minutes it again showed 20-25 fps. Temperature during the game is 69C °. At 45C °. I don't understand what it could be. Of course, the temperature of the computer is felt, but after all, the numbers are within the normal range, aren't they? + loading gp 100%

b
billypit 20.12.20

Protocol10
You yourself have misunderstood the meaning of "unregulated" in relation to physics.
In the case of the witcher, all calculations of the physics of tissues and destruction are carried out by the processor and it will not work to throw it onto the map.
You can set anything in the driver settings. For he considers the percentage. And the blog nv to which you gave the link is written about it.
In the HB panel, turn on the PhysX visual indicator and see.