3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
B
BlackGhoSsT 20.12.20 05:21 am

Dying Light

Somewhere after an hour of play during the cut-scenes, wild freezes began, that is, the pictures freeze, but the sound goes on. After a while, it sags. Then, during the game, there were short-term freezes a couple of times and this alerted .. What could be connected with? FPS is a normal 35 minimum. The computer is also good (in the profile). By the way, during cut-scenes the FPS also drops noticeably ...
8 Comments
Sort by:
K
KazymirZyba 20.12.20

Speedy10
Turn off in graphics settings - "Nvidia depth of field".

R
Ruslain 20.12.20

Speedy10 Cut down
everything from Nvidia and you will be happy.

B
BlackGhoSsT 20.12.20

Ruslain
Good. I'll try, thanks.

M
MagicHero 20.12.20

If freezes started after a certain time, then this is due to a lack of RAM. When it gets hammered, it starts to swap to the hard drive and it does not differ in speed and wild brakes appear.
And so in the game, the optimization is surprisingly good at maximum speeds in 2K, the resolution keeps stable 60 fps, in 4K it also gives out 60 at maximum speeds, but there are dips up to 40.

B
BlackGhoSsT 20.12.20

MagicHero
Toy that 8 GB is not enough?

M
MagicHero 20.12.20

Speedy10
Yes 8 is not enough for her. And I still don't know what settings you are playing at, but at the maximum resolution in the usual 1920 × 1080 resolution, the game consumes 4 GB of video memory.

B
BlackGhoSsT 20.12.20

MagicHero
I play at maximum, but on a square 1280x1024. No demanding game has had such problems ...

M
MagicHero 20.12.20

Speedy10
This game is not very demanding, but if at maximum speed then you and 2 GB of video memory are not enough. In general, you have end-to-end RAM and video memory and after a while the remaining reserve volume is clogged and the game starts to slow down wildly.
Try to lower the quality of the textures, the changes will not be very conspicuous, but the problems with the overflow of video memory will disappear.