3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
Nikita Kostyuchenko 20.12.20 05:37 am

Help with choosing the Professor!

In general, I'm sitting on the I3 4130, As long as there is enough of the principle, no complaints. But I feel it will soon fall down. Although a bundle with GTX 950. Well, he reveals it. Here, I want to save as much as possible. Mother 1150 is already there. I think to buy either i5-4590, or i5-4460, so it's straight in Jewish. Will I lose a lot compared to the i5 6400? Should I spend on the 6th generation along with the motherboard? I am also considering the option to wait for AMD-ZEN. grateful.
8 Comments
Sort by:
B
Belomorkanal 20.12.20

Help with the choice ....... WHAT ??????
I do not advise building the platform on socket 1150, this is a dead end. Better to fork out a little, take a cheap 1151 motherboard and an i5 6500 (it costs a penny more than 400, for that the frequency is much higher). In addition, the seventh generation will be released on the same 1151 socket, but in order to put the seventh generation CPU on a modern motherboard in the future, you will most likely have to update the BIOS (again in the future), which is very easy and simple to do according to the instructions for dummies.
You don't have to buy everything at once, buy the motherboard first + 1 DDR4 8 GB RAM stick. Save your money, buy an i5 6500 in a month, and a second RAM bar of the same size in a month, and there will be 16 GB DDR4 in dual channel mode (double the bandwidth). Set aside 2-3 months for a video card, you see, enough for a GTX 1060. Then SSD for operating systems. It will turn out to be a very good PC for 50-70 fps in FHD resolution without MSAA and SSAA. Personally, in the same way, for a whole year I collected myself a top PC (2014), which still works for me regularly under the violent overclocking of everything that is chasing.
As for AMD, even if we hypothetically assume that they will be able (and they will not be able) to pull out something competitive from themselves, it is still not worth waiting for, because nothing is really known about this architecture yet. It is not known when it will come out and it is not known what will come out. If you want to wait for the pig in a poke, wait. If the ZEN comes out better in terms of price / performance than Intel's products, and if my 4770K is out of date by the time it comes out, I'll switch to AMD. I'm not some kind of fanatic of people and people, as many people here see me.

N
Nikita Kostyuchenko 20.12.20

Belomorkanal
Thank you for the extremely detailed answer. I don’t deal with rendering and other things, how much will I lose in games if I buy one 16GB ddr4 bar? And does the 6500 have support for 32 GB of memory or more?

L
Len4ik00N 20.12.20

Nikita Kostyuchenko
Nikita Kostyuchenko wrote:
how much will I lose in games if I buy one 16GB ddr4 bar?
in the worst case, a pair of fps
6500 supports up to 32 GB of memory

B
Belomorkanal 20.12.20

Nikita Kostyuchenko
It will be even better that way. Due to the fact that in the near future you can buy one more bar for 16 gigs and there will be as many as 32 two-channel gigs, and more than 32 will not be needed on this socket. While you are sitting on one 16 gigabyte bar, you will not lose much, all modern games work more or less normally with a RAM bandwidth of 12-15 GB / sec, which is exactly what the single-channel mode will produce. Accordingly, in dual-channel mode with the second bar, there will be 32 gigabytes with a bandwidth of 30 GB / s and more. In addition, after 2 years it will be possible to update the BIOS on the motherboard (if it is required at all) and install a seventh generation i7, some hypothetical four-core i7 7700. Then change the video card (for example, if you buy a GTX 1060/1050 now or later, AMD will not consider modern RX are not competitive in terms of price / performance ratio) for modern (for 19-20 years), for some hypothetical GTX 1260 or no less hypothetical RX 580 (I hope AMD will not screw up). In short, with 1151 sockets there is a guarantee for the future.

N
Nikita Kostyuchenko 20.12.20

W3aMisterWinner
Belomorkanal Thank you
all. I decided to stay at 1150. But I found one interesting model. They say that XEON E3 from socket 1150 is about the same as i7 4770, but I didn’t find a clear answer in what environment. In my server room or in any ? In short, it is the model 1230V3. Or is it still fucking not needed?

K
Kraicher 20.12.20

Nikita Kostyuchenko
Why do you need a server XEON E3? Better buy i7 4770K (good chasing), You can take it for 19K. Enough for years to come.
http://www.pleer.ru/product_106284_Intel_Core_i7_4770K_Haswell_OEM_3500MHzLGA1155L3_8192Kb.html?frommarket=https%3A//market.yandex.ru/product/10384297%3Fclid%3D503%926hid%3Fclid%3D503%926hid%173

K
Kraicher 20.12.20

Nikita Kostyuchenko wrote:
Or is he fucking not needed?
XEON E3 is fucking unnecessary.

a
aleks1979 20.12.20

The Xeon has a Turboboost, but not + 500 MHz, but +400.
Otherwise, the Xeon E3 is a complete analogue of the I7 and does not surpass it in performance, but at the same time it is less demanding on cooling, since it has crit. temperature 105 degrees.