3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
I
In_live 20.12.20 05:42 am

More than one external hard drive won't start

Hello forum, I don’t even know whether this is a hard drive or a software problem, but such a computer does not see more than one external hard drive (hard workers), when connected, the hard drive spins up and then stops and emits a squeak, I read that it could be due to a lack of power and, accordingly, a bad power supply , but I checked it in Aida with a stress test, the power supply for 5 and 12 volts is kept normal, tell me what could be
15 Comments
Sort by:
a
alxelas 20.12.20

1.which disk
2.how connected

L
Len4ik00N 20.12.20

Yurchik Blaga Prodd
The problem may be a lack of power on the USB outputs: due to a malfunction of the mat. board, or due to the large number of connected USB devices.

I
In_live 20.12.20

A wd hard drive for 1 terabyte, only a keyboard and a mouse are connected to USB, the fact is that all USB groups behave differently, if you connect a hard drive to the rear connectors, then the hard drive does not even start to spin up, and if the front ones on the case are hard starts spinning and stops with a short squeak.

I
In_live 20.12.20

Here is a stress test in aida 12 and 5 volts.

Spoiler

U
Unviz 20.12.20

1, Check the work under liveseed.
2, Open the system unit to visually check the condensers.
3. Carry to service.

m
mvictory 20.12.20

Yurchik Blaga Prodd
And what does aida have to do with it, if there is a source for the disc? Or do you have 2.5 "?

I
In_live 20.12.20

It's about an external hard drive

m
mvictory 20.12.20

Yurchik Blaga Prodd
So I ask about him.

A
ALCAB 20.12.20

Does the computer accept any other USB device? If not, then update / install the drivers on the motherboard and you will be happy.

m
mvictory 20.12.20

JohnProf
No drivers required for USB 2. Well, unless, of course, XP is worth it.

I
In_live 20.12.20

Yes, everything else works without problems, flash drives, phones and other peripherals work without problems, the problem is only with external hard drives, in general, I understand that the hard system sees only if it is connected through the front panel on the case (but only sees in "devices and printers "in the device manager they are visible as a USB device and they are not in" my computer "). If connected via USB on the motherboard, then they are not visible at all in the system.

m
mvictory 20.12.20

Yurchik Blaga Prodd
Could it be the cable?

I
In_live 20.12.20

mvictory
On hard cable? It is fully functional, tested it on a laptop.

i
ibtezify 20.12.20

Yurchik Blaga Prodd
Connect the screw to the computer and go to the device dispatcher, go through the "USB controllers" and see how much power he is eating, he may really not have enough. And yet, the screw is not accidentally 3.0, do you have support on the motherboard?

I
In_live 20.12.20

500ma, yes USB 3.0, but it works fine on a laptop and with 2.0, the motherboard is like this asrock 960gm-vgs3 fx. Well, in general, everything worked fine before.