3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
Vedran 20.12.20 05:42 am

Deus Ex: MD for the player not familiar with the series (Deus Ex: Mankind Divided)

I looked at the introductory mission on YouTube, I liked the game, I decided to buy it. But he himself is not familiar with the series, did not play any game. Will I be able to delve into the plot of MD and understand all the tricks there? Is the 12 minute intro video enough for this? Would have passed HR but unfortunately there is no time for this
11 Comments
Sort by:
Y
Ygrumyi 20.12.20

Vedran
Well, in this video, in general, the whole HR plot is told. You will understand, but if time appears, go through HR, you will not regret

U
USSoldier 20.12.20

Vedran,
do you think that everyone who bought it is familiar with the series? Yes, here 90% of people started playing with this particular part, just delve into the basic level, you don't need to go into details and you will understand everything, you are not a fan of Deus really ?

V
Vedran 20.12.20

Ygrumyi
Thompson1929
No fan, just liked the game and decided to go through. I also think that that video at the beginning is quite enough to capture the plot, it was not for nothing that this video was filmed. As far as I understand MD, is this a direct continuation of HR, or is there still a tie with other games in the series?

M
Marsj 20.12.20

Better to go through HR again than MD.
Compared to HR, there is little new in MD.

U
USSoldier 20.12.20

Vedran
MD is a direct sequel to HR, but the plot in MD remained unfinished, so it is quite possible that we will have additional plot additions.

b
blackbird040902 20.12.20

In MD, from the very beginning, they will offer to watch the entire HR plot so that you can safely take

V
Vedran 20.12.20

Thank you all, I will take it;)

i
ilya1iz2 20.12.20

I hadn’t played deus before, I decided to take it. The introductory video was enough to understand the situation. The ending intrigued of course, so everything should be fine.

S
STRANGER1971 20.12.20

I didn't play the series at all, I got used to it quickly. Perhaps because I played all the Fallouts, etc. games (in the same Fallout 4 more than 750 hours).

L
LightHOwUSE 20.12.20

Judging by the atmosphere of MD, it is very different from what was in HR. Stylish minimalism of the environment and clothing, the atmosphere of night mystery, in black and yellow tones of warm tones and polished edges, crystal-chilling ambient with notes of fear, hope, tragedy and Adam's motivation beyond doubt) outright hack-work in music and a bunch of not memorable characters. Detroit and China did combine with a conspiracy, Prague resembles a mix of Soldiers of Fortune 2 and a bit of a second Halva)

Also, in the first part, the scale was felt. Whether you are in Detroit, or China, or Singapore, the feeling of conspiracy and conspiracy of the world standard did not leave. Taggart, Darrow and Sharif personified powerful intellectuals and their roles were incredibly believable) In MD, the scale is not felt. And the characters are hardly remembered by name.

It feels like this: scenario HR> MD, motivation GG HR> MD, characters HR> MD, music HR >> MD, the atmosphere in both games is good, but in HR it's more stylish, graphics in MD are better, but optimization will check the computer for strength. The gameplay is the same there and there, except that in MD they improved their skills a little, although in HR almost everything was fine with me) And the plot is exactly the same as the first and second Xcom) That is, practically nothing. Unless after the first Xcom, as well as after HR, there will be an aftertaste of homemade dinner with your favorite drink, and after Xcom 2 and MD - a half-starved feeling of a work break in a diner =) Breathing the atmosphere of MD the way she wanted to breathe in HR is unlikely to want.

In general, the recommendations are similar to those for Xcom) You can safely play the second part without playing the first part, especially since if you go through the first parts, then a comparative analysis on some points will not be in favor of new products, the advantages of which, in the form of graphics and a little great gameplay possibilities - so in plain sight)

H
Hroft23 20.12.20

To understand all the nuances and secrets of the game, you need to go through not only XP, but also the original game of the early 2000s, because the characters of Page, Manderly, Everett and others appear there. And who has already passed that part they understand the goals of these characters, their motivations and where they will move in the plot. For those who played only in XP, it will simply be a continuation of Jensen's story, and those who have played all parts will be able to enjoy references to the old game and understand what is happening globally.