3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
NDSka 20.12.20 05:58 am

Do you read mysticism?

I noticed long ago that good mystical mysticism has completely disappeared on the shelves, many publishers attribute this to the great unpopularity of this topic. Is it really? Many of my acquaintances say the opposite, everyone is eager to read something like Omen or the Code of Davinci, but all around or horror, or fantasy.

Recently I dug up a new interesting book "Devil's Castle" (Polanski) also from this series. Someone read it? What other mystical books do you know?

PS Horror stories about UFOs and werewolves, please do not advise. I would like to talk about occult mysticism in reality.
18 Comments
Sort by:
U
Ultron_K 20.12.20

Fanatics read mysticism of the current, while normal people read fantasy and action.

L
Lуnх 20.12.20

Altron
31.01.10 16:19 Fanatics read mysticism of current, and normal read fantasy and action.

You shouldn’t have said that, Kisa, you would have just puffed out your cheeks ... you look and would have given a ride for an intellectual :)

U
Ultron_K 20.12.20

Nubier ... =)

M
May aynsel 20.12.20

but all around or horror, or fantasy.
Or fiction (scientific al urban - makes no sense), due to the fact that publishers are more profitable to print what will be read by at least a couple of thousand people, and not a couple of dozen.

P.S. Read "Salim's Lot". I don’t know if this is mysticism (I don’t understand genres, there are too many of them lately%)), or something else, but definitely not a horror movie about werewolves. About vampires - yes :)

L
Lуnх 20.12.20

Here is my sample list of the most worthy to be called mystic:
1. Omen
2. Dumas Club
3. DaVinci Code
4. Angels and Demons
5. Devil's Castle

U
Ultron_K 20.12.20

And here's another one - "Zombie Nubs: Lifestyle and Habits"

M
May aynsel 20.12.20

Nonsense ... chem, okay, I won't interfere :) I'll

have to read Angels and Demons - I watched the film only based on this book. Let's just say - not a masterpiece, but you can still watch;)

D
DEviLPr0 20.12.20

Do not read

D
DenKuz 20.12.20

I don't read mysticism, only fantasy.

V
Vladislav Suldin 20.12.20

I am reading. If you manage to find a GOOD one somewhere. From the last read, only "Let Me In" by Jon Aivide Lindqvist can be attributed to mysticism. Great romance.

L
Lуnх 20.12.20

Here can be attributed to the mystical series

"The Dead Ride Fast" Lyubov Summ (article)
"Dracula" Bram Stoker (novel)
"Dracula's Guest" Bram Stoker (story)
"Vampire" John Polidori (story)
"August Darwell" George Byron (story)
"Carmilla" Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu (novel)

A
AployDer 20.12.20

Yes of course! mystic rulez, this is also fantasy, its section! "Magic relic" example!

L
Lуnх 20.12.20

I stumbled upon Bram Stoker's book "The Sorrow of Satan" by chance, a rather entertaining book with philosophical overtones. And mysticism, yeah

N
Nihiliant 20.12.20

I don’t read.

S
Shadow of the Master 20.12.20

1. The Omen
2. The Dumas Club
3. The DaVinci Code
4. Angels and Demons
5. The Devil's Castle

Actually, the Code and the Angels do not relate to mysticism in any way, it is closer to an intellectual detective story.
The best mysticism after the Omen is D. Konvitz, Guard "1 and 2., P. Wilson, Border", A. Levin, Rosemary's Baby, The Exorcist (I don’t remember the author), Angel Heart, the Ice People saga in 47 volumes, D. Kunz “FANTOMS” and his other things, P. STRAUB “History with ghosts”, many things KINGA, R. McCamon some things, by the way the Russian author Benidict “Testament of the Night” is a decent thing.

N
NikolaMal 20.12.20

Looking for works by Alexander Venzikovsky (a series of books - Absolute). If anyone has it, discard the link.

P
Pecos_Bill 20.12.20

I read evenings on a farm near Dikanka

T
ThurboCat 20.12.20

Lovecraft, Stephen King, Clive Barker. Yesterday I read Clive Barker's book - The Midnight Meat Train.