3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
Z
Zukachimoto 20.12.20 06:00 am

Control sticks (No Man's Sky)

Guys, the following garbage is just fiercely annoying: periodically (or to be more precise, almost constantly) the control "sticks".

You run, look around at all the rules, then the keyboard and mouse seem to stop responding, any buttons and rotations of the mouse are ignored, the Persian continues to run in the last specified direction. So it lasts 2-5 seconds, then all the keys pressed during this time and mouse movements are "wiped out". It manifests itself only on the planet, and is especially annoying when because of this you fall into some crevice, or get stuck in a swim, because of which the Persian soars high and subsequently falls.
To land on a ship, you need to burn out more than one bundle of nerves. It seems like you fly norms, you select a suitable site. Here it is, the ideal place: you pinch E a little in advance, pound on it - don't care, the ship starts to ignore you and continues to fly forward, flies for another 5-15 seconds and lands in some ass.
At the same time, the FPS from the latest patches has grown noticeably, although I did not particularly complain about bare 1.03 before it, but the above-described garbage has not gone anywhere. At the time of sticking, there is no FPS subsidence, as it went smoothly, it continues to go.
GTX660, 8 gigs of operatives, system on ssd, I don't remember the percent, but some kind of confident average.
Maybe someone can tell me what's going on? Or is it one of me?

Shl. Earlier I observed similar behavior on an old 15-year-old computer with an AGP video card on games such as the first or second farkrai and similar ones on the edge. Also, FPS was like the rules, but the management periodically "lagged", then I did not find any solution, only idiotic advice like "change the keyboard with a mouse."
I didn't think that a few years ago, having completely changed the computer to a relatively powerful one by the standards of the same 2013, I would again face the same troubles.
9 Comments
Sort by:
I
IgorAndreevich 20.12.20

Is sticking on the double-click Shift disabled?

Z
Zukachimoto 20.12.20

IgorAndreevich
As if I sat down at the computer for the first time and play my first game. Disabled.
This was not seen in any game.
There is clearly a problem with the optimization of the game, something starts to be calculated in the background and, apparently, all the power of the brain goes there, and the control is put in a queue, and the last key combination remains pressed.
Problems with FPS were solved by disabling G-sync and enabling triple buffering, perhaps there is a magic crutch for this bug as well?

I
IgorAndreevich 20.12.20

Well then, I can’t help you :-) I myself play on PS4

i
igor201576 20.12.20

Zukachimoto
When landing, first slow down

i
igor201576 20.12.20

Zukachimoto
Personally, because of the speed, I had such a problem

Z
Zukachimoto 20.12.20

igor201576
Speed ​​is already at a minimum. After pressing E, the ship stops responding altogether - neither turn nor gain speed, you can throw Claudia with a mouse and wait until it sits down in some jungle.

i
igor201576 20.12.20

Zukachimoto
then don `t know

Z
Zukachimoto 20.12.20

In general, the problems diminished after, oddly enough, INCREASE the graphics settings and enable triple buffering in the map settings + windowed borderless mode.
A tip for getting rid of friezes (I think they are the ones that manifest themselves in such a strange way) lay in the next topic.

Sometimes it still bugs, but much less often.

D
Dim7864 20.12.20

I had this if I started EVGA PrecisionX 16 at the same time as the game.