3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
C
ClevoGame 20.12.20 06:02 am

SSD KINGSTON UV400 or SSD SmartBuy Ignition 2

Which SSD is better to buy for the system, and a couple of applications like Adobe Premier, Photoshop, AutoCAD
1. SSD KINGSTON UV400 120GB- http://www.citilink.ru/catalog/computers_and_notebooks/hdd/ssd_in/373579/
2. SmartBuy Ignition 2 120GB - https://www.ulmart.ru/goods/696817#tab-properties
Or is it possible to get by with an
AMD Radeon R3 120GB SSD? - http://www.citilink.ru/catalog/computers_and_notebooks/hdd/ssd_in/383717/
13 Comments
Sort by:
P
Protocol10 20.12.20

ClevoGame
Can be dispensed with amd. The difference between them is only in the speed of reading, in fact, and in the operating time (in controllers). Otherwise, you won't feel much difference. And so and so the speed just shocks you in a pleasant sense, if before that you used only hdd.

C
ClevoGame 20.12.20

Protocol10
well, smartby also has MLC type
And which controller will be better?

P
Protocol10 20.12.20

ClevoGame
I can't say. We should already google for the specifications. The controller is responsible for reading speed and failover time. But time there is simply above the roof of any ssd. And the speed, too, 500 mbps is enough for you above the roof. So you can take any and not bother. Windows will fly, levels in games will load for a few seconds.

M
Mewel 20.12.20

Take the one where the guarantee is greater. There is no difference in work :)

C
ClevoGame 20.12.20

Mewel
they all have a 36-month warranty, it's just that the smartbay has the type built on the MLC.

M
Mewel 20.12.20

ClevoGame
Then SSD AMD Radeon R3 120GB

Reinstall Windows from scratch. Do not turn off the swap file. The programs written above need it.

B
Belomorkanal 20.12.20

All three options are a pig in a poke. They do not have their own chip production or their own controller production. They buy all this from the outside and which company and model the controller or chips will come across depends on what the assembly company bought for this batch. That is, different SSDs of the same model may have different memory and different controllers (respectively, different in quality). That's why it's a pig in a poke. If you need a cheap option, it's better to buy the one with a greater guarantee. If you can fork out a little for more expensive options, then take a Samsung, they have their own production, the quality is always the same high. In addition, their memory chips are the fastest of all the SataIII SSDs.

C
ClevoGame 20.12.20

Mewel Do
you need to put the swap file on the SSD?
What volume?

R
Rolento 20.12.20

I would choose the second option.

M
Mewel 20.12.20

ClevoGame is
equal to the amount of memory on the pc. and yes, for ssd.

B
Belomorkanal 20.12.20

ClevoGame
Of course, it is better to put the swap on an SSD and, preferably, its volume should be commensurate with the RAM or more. If there is a lot of free space on the SSD, then you can generally tick the "determined by system selection" box.

C
ClevoGame 20.12.20

Belomorkanal
so of these three which is better? What do you think? approximately, judging by the TPU memory and the controller?

B
Belomorkanal 20.12.20

ClevoGame
In stores, the characteristics of the goods may indicate a specific controller and chip manufacturer, but in reality there may be completely different ones, either of better quality, or vice versa, worse. Disassembling the case to find out the filling of the SSD will lose the warranty. This is a very serious purchase, because the OS will be on the SSD. Therefore, I advise you to save up for the Samsung 850 EVO, they are all made from the same components that are produced by the manufacturer of the SSD itself. They are not much more expensive, but a cut higher in quality and reliability. My 850 EVO is already a year and a half already, in addition to the OS and the swap (swap file), I sometimes put heavy toys on it, despite this Samsung's Samsung Magican utility still determines 100% disk health.