3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Mr. Vemax 20.12.20 08:56 pm

Tell me which strategy to play with a noob?

Hi there. I wanted to get into something strategic for a long time, but I was often busy and all that. And so I finally got free. I sat down to choose a strategy and my eyes literally started to scatter. I don’t know where to start?
For reference, I used to play, from similar genres, only in rpg with turn-based battles (Divinity, etc.), and economic simulators, such as Tropico, SimCity.
What strategy would you recommend, one might say, to a beginner in this genre?
8 Comments
Sort by:
i
insel260 20.12.20

Mr. Vemax
Civilization 6, foundation, Factorio, Cities Skylines, Transport Fever 2.

More:
Civilization - turn-based strategy. The development of countries goes from the ancient world to the beginning of expansion to Mars (actions take place only on one planet). Top-down economic and military strategy. Easy entry threshold.

Foundation is an economic strategy. Middle Ages. We need to build a settlement, develop industry. The discovery of technologies and buildings is carried out through the extraction and transfer of available resources to one of three groups - their citizens, the church or the king. The townspeople provide technologies for the growth of the city and products. The church opens temples and alcohol, helping the king makes it possible to send soldiers to the service (which brings income). The game is in early access, but there is already a lot. Top view, you can zoom the camera to ground level. The graphics are good. Average threshold for entering the game (due to the crooked interface).

Factorio is a military strategy game. You start with a stick in your hands, you end up building a rocket. The game is very addictive, but you need to be able to think. The whole game is built on logistics. Some people manage to use game mechanics to create calculators based on loaded / unloaded resources. Easy threshold to enter the game. You will get stuck for 100 hours, at least.

Cities Skylines is a city building simulator. Probably the best city building simulator ever. Purely economic strategy. Many possibilities, easy entry threshold.

Transport Fever 2 is a good economic simulator tied specifically to technology. Develop cities by establishing logistics routes. I really love making a railway network and delivering goods on trains. There is the possibility of developing technology. The beginning of the game is still with horses, you end with the technique of the near future. HUGE map. Easy entry threshold.
A very similar gameplay game - Workers & Resources: Soviet Republic. Only on the topic of the Soviet Union. But, the level of development is much lower than in Transport Fever 2.

D
Demoniac 20.12.20

Mr. Vemax
From old classics and masterpieces that are still played
Company of Heroes, Dune 2000, Red Alert 2, Age of Empires 2, Generals, Generals ZH, Rome Total War, Medieval Total War, Tiberian Sun, Praetorians, Stronghold.
A separate topic is the Civilization series.
You yourself can learn about modern, more pop and casual from Google :)

i
insel260 20.12.20

Mr. Vemax
I can also recommend the old but solid Sid Meiers Railroads.
Railway economic simulator. You build a station at the right resource, pull a line to processing or a city, sell goods to other cities. There can be up to 3 opponents against you. There is a possibility of playing over the network.

b
barbarian 22.12.20

Age of empires 2 defenitive edition strategy reissue with revised graphics and quite interesting campaigns in medieval Europe (Portuguese, Spaniards, etc.), Africa, Central Asia, (Tamerlane). Quite a low entrance threshold, units develop gradually with the transition from one era to another, starting with the units of the early Middle Ages and ending with primitive firearms units.
Total var is already said there for your choice. I was more interested in medieval 2 total war 2006-7 years. Civilization brave new world (I do not remember the exact name) - you want to push by force, you want to push opponents with tourism, or win a technological race. You can also create your own analogue of the UN, where you "refuel".

W
Warrior of Morgoth 22.12.20

Mr. Vemax
I advise you to score in the search engine Medieval 2 total war - steel mod 3.7. Huge map. Veliky Novgorod, Vladimir-Suzdal principality, Kievan Rus. Khorezm, Templars, Teutons. All units are well-drawn. No Romte total war 2 lay next to it.

Y
Yakhychkvash 22.12.20

Old World, an early access game, but already overgrown. It looks like a well-finished civic, only about the ancient world.
In general, in terms of wagering, Stellaris comes in more to me from all strategies. Recently, an update was released - you can play for your necromongers, with armies of zombies and the conversion of infidels.

P
Pizert 22.12.20

I would recommend Civilization. I don't think it will be difficult to understand.

r
requiemmm 22.12.20

Disciples II: Dark Prophecy? Tsiva is good, but too long, and these funny jokes, like "a phalanx of spearmen knocks down a fighter", somewhat spoil the impression.