3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Denis Kyokushin 20.12.20 09:00 pm

Upload speed to USB flash drive

I alone noticed that the download speed to a USB flash drive decreased on Win10? If not one, can I somehow increase it? Maybe what programs are there?
Some kind of pissing 6 MB. What is this?
31 Comments
Sort by:
S
Sanchez ramirez 20.12.20

Flash memory also has its own resource.

S
SonyK_2 22.12.20

Denis Kyokushin wrote:
... the speed of uploading to the USB flash drive has decreased ...
The speed depends on various reasons:
* The flash drive itself - its speed, technical condition. Not getting a message saying it can run faster?
* Number of files copied at the same time - usually works slower with many small files.
* Free space on the flash drive - the more, the faster it copies.

K
KIBERMAX 22.12.20

The speed also depends on which version of USB the USB flash drive supports, standard 2.0 or modern 3.0 and 3.1, and of course, USB inputs in old motherboards are usually 2-3 USB 3.0 inputs, the rest are 2.0, so it also depends where you plug in.

PS and the speed still depends on what you set the recording setting in the program.

D
Denis Kyokushin 22.12.20

Sanchez Ramirez
SonyK_2
KIBERMAX
I don’t understand what happened, but on absolutely all flash drives the download speed is not higher than 8MB in 1 second. If it doesn’t bother you, can you check it?

S
SonyK_2 22.12.20

Denis Kyokushin wrote:
... maybe check with yourself?
How can I check this? - our flash drives and OS are different (if copied through it, and not by a third-party program). I did not notice a drop in speed at all at the same time, usually it depends on the files being copied (size, number). If the purchase field measured its approximate speed (for example, CrystalDiskMark) - you can compare it by testing with the same (or similar) file size.
Spoiler
To check the maximum operating speed, you can run it in the "fill with zeros" mode.
Spoiler
But all these are conditional tests - most likely there will be no such speed during work.

D
Denis Kyokushin 22.12.20

SonyK_2
Yes, stick any flash drive, throw some GB 2 with a weight and look at the speed.
I think the point is in the OS

S
SonyK_2 22.12.20

Denis Kyokushin wrote:
... I think the point is in the OS
Perhaps, but I have inexpensive flash drives and everything is on USB 2.0 - they never had 8 MB per second. On the 7-ke when copying the speed graph is not visible. Gradually accelerated to this value - at first faster, in the end almost did not change.
Maximum:
No other removable drives besides flash drives? - external drives, etc. If they have the same low speed in all USB ports (including the back ones on the motherboard) - most likely there is something with the USB bus, or maybe it’s in the OS (I didn’t use 10 for a long time, I didn’t have time to find out how it should be).

D
Denis Kyokushin 22.12.20

SonyK_2
There is a container, you can hard insert it into it, but it's USB 2.0

S
SonyK_2 22.12.20

Denis Kyokushin
In theory, a HDD even on USB 2.0 should work faster than flash drives - if only it is not quite slow, but on the contrary they are high-speed.

D
Denis Kyokushin 22.12.20

SonyK_2
SonyK_2 wrote:
In theory, an HDD, even on USB 2.0, should work faster than flash drives - unless it is completely slow, but they are, on the contrary, high-speed
So there is a
Sony flash drive

S
SonyK_2 22.12.20

Denis Kyokushin
Was the speed of copying to disk faster before? - this needs to be clarified, others may not know this ...
There is a container, you can insert a hard one into it ...
I correctly understood that this is a type of adapter from SATA to USB, you connect a regular disk to it and it is defined as an external one? If yes, to the same drive connected via SATA, is the same data copied faster?

About the flash drive: only you can know what speed it was on before. After purchase, I measure the read / write speed on all drives (HDD, SSD, flash drives and even music players). If anything, you can measure and compare with how it was before. Of course, in this case it is necessary to store data from an earlier measurement (for example, a screenshot).

D
Denis Kyokushin 22.12.20

SonyK_2
SonyK_2 wrote: Was
copying speed to disk higher before? - this needs to be clarified, others may not know this ...
In the last times, when I downloaded a USB flash drive above by post, the files were downloaded at a speed of up to 8 megabytes per second. Now there are 6

S
SonyK_2 22.12.20

Denis Kyokushin It
is possible to compare speeds under relatively similar conditions. Were the same files copied to the same flash drive with the same amount of free space? For example, if you copy different films to it one by one, the speed may drop over time - the less free space, the slower the data can be copied.

S
Sanchez ramirez 22.12.20

YUSB 2.0 flash drive 12 years old: The

data is random, at least if you look at the hex values. A more recent USB 3.0 flash drive writes a 300 MB file at a speed of 13-15 MB / s, although the theoretical speed of this interface is 10 times higher.

Take it out from me, really, if that. But I'm not sure if this is that important.

G
Gera95 22.12.20

Denis Kyokushin wrote:
Throw 2 GB and see the speed.
Spoiler

It's all about the flash drive.
It's funny, if you turn off the Internet, the speed will be even higher, but not much 35-37mb / s

D
Denis Kyokushin 22.12.20

SonyK_2
There's whatever you want copied, he likes to move, - a crap - speed is low

Sanchez Ramirez
You have an old flash drive higher rate than on my newer (

Gera95
And Win updated Actually, the last time license???
Or do I have a new flash drive buy to be sure? And then you have to wait a very long time when downloading

G
Gera95 22.12.20

Denis Kyokushin wrote:
Was Win updated? Or rather, when was the last time? License?
Winda from the site, grunting, is constantly updated. The last update on yusb was in January.
Denis Kyokushin wrote:
Or do I have to buy a new flash drive to make sure?
Yes, I have to. Upper USB2.0 flash drive, she is 6-7 years old. Bottom USB3.1, purchased this summer.

D
Denis Kyokushin 22.12.20

Gera95 Ok.
How to buy, I'll post the test here

S
Sanchez ramirez 22.12.20

For the sake of interest, you can not bury this flash drive yet, but do some manipulations on it. More specifically, fill the entire space with zeros (all data will be destroyed without the possibility of recovery), then format it using OS tools. You just need to make sure that Diskpart works in Vyn10, or, as a last resort, you can do it through Disk Management. If interested, I can paint with screenshots.

D
Denis Kyokushin 22.12.20

Sanchez Ramirez
Write it down. I have never filled the space with zeros, only changed the file system, but the sense from this is zero