3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Marceron 20.12.20 09:32 pm

Starcraft and Windows 7 (StarCraft)

The game starts under the new OS, but that's not a problem - in the game menu, some colors appear as if in disagreement, which terribly spoils the picture, although during the gameplay all colors on units, buildings and terrain are displayed correctly except for water (it has multi-colored stripes)! Has anyone found a solution to this problem?
45 Comments
Sort by:
P
P_e_p_p_p_e_R 20.12.20

yes compatibility with SP3, colors256, resolution 640x480, but you cannot do alt + tab

M
Marceron 20.12.20

It didn't help me (((I'm playing right now through Chaoslauncher by starting the game in the window and everything is displayed correctly, but it's not fun to look at what's going on in this little window!

P
P_e_p_p_p_e_R 20.12.20

I just tried to set all compatibles and write a script to disable explorer while starcraft is running but no luck, I have got freeze and no way to get back using Alt-Tab

So, I tried to configure in compatible tab like:
Compatible mode : Windows XP (Service Pack 3)
Settings:
- Disable visual theme
- Disable desktop composition
- Disable display scaling on hight DPI settings
Privilege level:
- Run this program as an administrator

then run the script runonwin7.cmd (placed in the same location with starcraft .exe) which content:
Code:

@echo off
taskkill / f / im explorer.exe
starcraft.exe
start explorer.exe
exit

then starcraft (I'm using blood war origin & expansion) play perfectly with right color & not freeze the system again

s
squim 20.12.20

For me, and judging by Google, StarCraft does not work for a bunch of people under Windows 7.

Symptoms are as follows:

- it takes 1-5 minutes to play, then StarCraft hangs tight; the system, at the same time, continues to work (winamp is playing, for example)

- the system does not respond to any keys, it only helps to kill the process by logging in via rdp (does it help?), or reset (it definitely helps)

- when trying to press Ctrl + Alt + Del or Alt + Tab in the logs the entry "Cannot start the desktop window manager because the use of the desktop composition is disabled by the running application" appears in the logs

- and that's it: no error records, no messages, dull

c
ch0mb0r 20.12.20

I had this, then I deleted the game, but right now the new one swung, but already without a patch and lo and behold, everything plows, and everything is beautiful (relatively) more precisely, all the colors are displayed correctly,

I really haven't figured out how to play with people without a patch, at least lokalke =)

i
insomnia .. 20.12.20

Now everything will help :)
1. Compatibility with XP sp3 - will not help
2. 640x480 - will not help
3. 256 - will not help :)
What will help: StarCraft.exe properties - Compatibility -
Disable visual design + 2. Disable desktop composition table +
3. Execute from the administrator
The palette in the chat will still be broken, to fix it, you just need to create a game and cancel) when you return to the chat, everything will be settled.
As for the game itself, the colors will always be normal.

R
RIDDICK88 20.12.20

... And for those for whom none of the above does not work (and this is me in 1 :(, you can do the following: rearrange the theme (in personalize) on Window Classic, then in the properties of StarCraft.exe check the boxes everywhere except for Compatibility, then open Screen Resolution and leave this window open and start the Game. EVERYTHING REALLY WORKS for me and even Alt + Tab and LAN Network.
PS Any questions? Write here, I will be happy to help! :) ..... addition: it turns out you can don't even check the boxes in the properties, just change the theme and open the permission window, it even works for me now ... (I'm surprised myself =)!

S
SkalderSan 20.12.20

Window Classic is, of course, great ... but I really like the design of 7 and whoever doesn't want to turn it off.

PS 1.Disable visual design +
2.Disable desktop composition +
3.Executing from the administrator

helped only for one start .. when exiting the game and a little later with a new login, everything is still the same .. :(

R
RIDDICK88 20.12.20

... Of course, I understand that Classic is so-so (looks a bit old), but it's just necessary for a while. (while playing SC), and then you can return it back. For convenience, it's even better to do this: create several themes, for example, I have 2 themes, one is Main, and the other is for SC, and switch between them depending on. from is required.
At least I don't have a better option yet :( - there is only this one :(. AND MORE ... my LAN game froze when I put all the jackdaws in the Properties, it's better to just put only 3 of the above Jackdaws. .. I'm still testing this option for the FULL functionality of the Game .......

R
RIDDICK88 20.12.20

... So ... Everything that I wrote above does NOT work 100% as I would like (only 90% :(, at least for me ... Today I tried to put all the jackdaws and + Compatibility with Vista SP1, lived a mess (~ 3 hours) as a Server over a LAN network and the game did not freeze! :)
Perhaps it was lucky, or maybe my new method really works. (with other options the Game froze, i.e. the whole System was hanging).

M
Marsijan 20.12.20

I solve this problem in the following way: I
go to the control panel Select the
Screen
Press the screen resolution setting
Leaving this page active through the launch I start the game.
And everything works fine.

S
Svetlov 20.12.20

This problem is solved as follows: on the 7x clan site there is a file "win7colorfix", you throw them into the game folder, run the .exe file, and the colors are displayed correctly.

M
Marsijan 20.12.20

2 Svetlov Link to the studio!

S
Svetlov 20.12.20

keep
http://www.starcraft.7x.ru/?p=files_down&fid=905
everything is written there

M
Misswich 20.12.20

RIDDIK88 you will understand routers and playing on the network, if yes, go to the topic help how to play on the network there for thee I will leave a question))) Zranie ATP))

M
Marsijan 20.12.20

2 Misswich School
commas passed already?

q
qwerty1999 20.12.20

the same person as you. It's good that the forums have "the same people" only with truncheons, they are called moderators. They sometimes explain to other "brothers" that they are wrong :) The truth is simpler in this regard.

S
Svetlov 20.12.20

This file also works a little crookedly ... everything is fine until the first minimization of the game in alt + tab, and then, as you expand it, you can't see the shoulder straps ...

C
CooS 20.12.20

in the same bullshit (

P
P_e_p_p_p_e_R 20.12.20

I changed the video card and no longer have such problems)))