3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
MorozovV 22.12.20 04:23 pm

FPS mysticism in the game (Cyberpunk 2077)

Good day! Faced a rather strange problem. I will try to describe everything that happens in as much detail as possible in order to avoid unnecessary clarifications.
The bottom line is this - in the first days of the release I set myself Cyberpunk 2077. The game ran with stable 50-60 frames at low and medium settings and 25-30 frames at "ultras", which was a surprise to me due to a not particularly powerful PC (i5- 4460, GTX 1650, 8GB RAM, SSD, windows 10 64 bit).
Due to his unhurried passage, he managed to play more than 60 hours. During which the FPS, if it sagged, is not particularly critical.

At one point, FPS unreasonably dropped to 11-15 frames in the place where I was repeatedly (even several times in the current session). When restarting the PC / game, the FPS did not return to normal, the graphics were changed to a minimum, incl. and lowering the resolution to 1024 failed. However, as well as increasing the graphics to the maximum, the situation did not worsen.
The main symptoms of the problem:
1) FPS drop to the level of unplayability.
2) When you open the world map, the icons do not appear instantly, as before, but take a long time to load.
3) The load of the video card in the manager is marked as 10-15% (the GPU core is 0-copy, although in other processes 0-3d)

The mysticism is that I managed to fix it, though after 2 days and 10-15 hours of gameplay the problem appeared again. Was solved by a simplified method. Gameplay Day - Trouble Again! And, as you might guess, the previous algorithm of actions does not work.

The order of the first solution to the problem
1) At first there were suspicions of overheating and iron problems - the temperature was checked programmatically and tactilely (don't laugh), other games were "Death stranding". Horizon Zero Dawn worked without problems.
2) Next, there were suspicions of malware, parasitic processes, and so on. Everything is checked - absolutely nothing interferes with the game + other games "plow" without problems.
3) Loading RAM, caching, etc. (Internet tips) - everything is checked.
4) There were suspicions (I'm not an expert on how games work) of problems with saving, it was assumed that something had happened in the character files, and, for example, parasitic processes were loaded in the game itself. The game was reinstalled with a complete erasure of settings and save files (save to another media moved until better times). Start a new game iiii ... nothing, the same symptoms.
5) The most popular is driver updates. Updated the drivers (already the cyberpunk splash screen during installation). Did not help.

And then, in some kind of madness, with the help of a "rummaging" friend, an interesting algorithm was found, after which everything returned to 60FPS.
The algorithm is as follows -
1) Through safe mode, we delete the NVIDIA folders manually through the explorer.
2) In the device manager, delete the video card and its drivers.
3) Turn on (have been turned off) through the Windows Manager updates.
4) In the device manager, "poke" the "update hardware configuration" button. Windows politely installs the 2019 drivers.
5) launching the game - 60 FPS
6) Right on top - install new drivers on 12/15/2020.
7) launching the game - 60 FPS

As I wrote above, after playing for two days, the problem appeared again, in a simplified manner - I “demolished” the drivers and installed new ones (12/15/2020), everything worked. Day of the game and again ... But, this time. That the first "complex" algorithm, that the second simplified - do not help.

There are no more ideas, I really need help from the Internet troops. Guys, help me out, I went through almost all the extras. quests and orders, it remains to finish off the plot, do not leave on the painful path of passing on Youtube.
11 Comments
Sort by:
K
Kirill22092 22.12.20

MorozovV
Hmm, as an option, try disabling shader caching in the NVIDIA control panel for the game.
You can also try uninstalling the driver using Display Driver Uninstaller, which cleans up all the tails and manually install the latest version.
Well, this is based on the algorithm that you wrote

M
MorozovV 22.12.20

Kirill22092
Unfortunately, none of the suggested methods worked.

b
bushmaster 22.12.20

After patch 1.5, I think you shouldn't wait for anything else)

A
Actamalum 22.12.20

I have a similar problem. I start and play at 50 frames, as soon as I pause or go into my backpack, it drops to 23 and no longer returns to normal until you restart the game

M
MorozovV 22.12.20

Actamalum
I have an inventory, a menu, a magazine - "fly".
When the game worked fine and the card worked instantly. And now the card is slowing down.
but, unfortunately, restarting is not treated.

M
MorozovV 22.12.20

bushmaster Did
not understand the message a little.
The point is that patches don't fix anything?

b
bushmaster 22.12.20

MorozovV
and what specifically changed the 1.5 patch?

M
MorozovV 22.12.20

bushmaster
And so that I know ... Unfortunately, nothing has changed for me.

L
LolekAnabolek 22.12.20

I had a similar problem after I crafted an uberpushk, clothes. What it looks like - I come to the lock with a task and hostile inscriptions - everything is ok (along the way too), my first shot is a FPS drawdown from 40-50 to 15-20 and a drop in GPU load up to 30% conditional, while on each lock one of Nepis became immortal (if everyone dies with 1-3 shots, then at least a couple of clips in this one, the strip is zero, but he doesn't care) (tested in 5 different places). If you drive away from the place of the shootout by 100 meters - the load and FPS are restored, restarting the game, computer, save does not help, if you then drive past this place again - a drop.
The loading of an early save to crafting helped, everything is ok, I didn't touch this system anymore: D

S
Sargarus 24.12.20

Hammer the game on a buggy engine.

i
ini-fini 30.12.20

Also drawdowns in FPS. My opinion: they would use the Unreal Engine engine, there would be fewer problems. But no, they ruined everything by their lack of movement.