3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Dartflame 22.12.20 04:24 pm

Weapon numbers in game (Cyberpunk 2077)

I am very confused about the damage (DPS) numbers on weapons. There, after all, all guns have base damage written on them, and in the parameters and skills of the character there are still a huge number of modifiers.

Well, for example, I have a sniper rifle. Damage 230 is written on it. And if it shoots in the head and crit - up to 14k damage. The katana says 1300, but she criticizes herself quite well for 5-7k. On the blades of the praying mantis, 200-300 damage is written, and there pokes also fly 3-4k each) with machine guns and PP in general game, it says 300, and shots can inflict 100-2k damage to the same target at the same point ...

It is absolutely impossible to understand how these numbers are generally considered, which weapon will be stronger and which is weaker. As I understand it, this is just a technical flaw, because it gives the base figure of damage per second without taking into account the number of attacks and per second and modifiers. Therefore, such a confusion.
7 Comments
Sort by:
R
ReXSniper 22.12.20

Well, there is also an increase due to developed perks, stealth and modifiers not only in weapons, but also in clothes. And also in implants.
At level 42, a revolver with a silencer in stealth knocks out 120-150k hp in my head

M
Makroless 22.12.20

That damage calculates modifiers in the weapon, shots per second and the damage itself.
That is, there is 100 for a shot -30 from behind a silencer +15 modifier on damage it turns out 85 gun makes 2 shots per second comes out 170DPS.
But crits from body parts are not taken into account, for example, in the head, it can + 400% pass other modifiers from skill leveling

Y
Yaroslav Bondarev 22.12.20

You can find out more accurate numbers by picking up the necessary weapon in the "parameters". But there is also not full

A
Alexandr_Nem 22.12.20

Dartflame
when you look at a lootable weapon, it says damage per second, when fluff is already in the inventory there is damage per shot or something like that

D
Dartflame 22.12.20

Alexandr_Nem
There is written damage per second. But as far as I understand, each weapon has an attack per second. Well, for a sword, for example, 3 sweeps, for a machine gun, conventionally 30 shots, and so on. That is, in order to understand how much damage a weapon will inflict, you need to multiply the damage per second by the number of attacks per second and by a bunch of modifiers. + there is also a decent spread. So, in fact, all these figures do not carry any information. It is still impossible to understand, for example, by a cannon, whether it will kill with 1 shot or not until you try)

A
Alexandr_Nem 24.12.20

Dartflame
, my legendary electric gun shoots everyone with 1 shot - a shot of about 41k damage, but my short-barreled branch is fully pumped, and the fluff in stats shows about 1800 damage

D
Dartflame 24.12.20

Alexandr_Nem
I have stealth and blades are loaded)