3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
solaris8611 22.12.20 04:40 pm

Transfer skins (Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions)

The subtleties of porting similar textures and models!
18 Comments
Sort by:
M
Mike gens 22.12.20

Everything will be now. The article will come out big, I think. So it will take some time
Solaris project

M
Mike gens 22.12.20

Instruction (Many pictures)
Phase 0. Cooking.
1. Take the Sosiska skin as an example, I hope he won't be offended.

Open it up in Photoshop.
2. Also in Photoshop open the texture to which you want to transfer. In this case, it's more convenient for me to transfer to the Flipside suit.

Phase I. The texture of the costume:
1. First, select the mask.

2. Paste it onto the Twin's texture.

3. We clear the mask from unnecessary "garbage".

4. Using the "Free Transform" tool (Ctrl + T) resize, flip and "cover" the Twin's mask.

5. Go back to the Sausage texture and select the eye lens.

6. Insert the lens onto the Twin's texture, erase the excess, transform and adjust.
<Note> I deliberately do not merge the layers, so it will be easier later <Note>
If it is necessary (and I still recommend to do it) make the layer with our inserted mask invisible. You can also merge the mask and eye layers later. It should look something like this:

7. Select the body of the spider from the Sausage

8. Next, just like with the mask and the eye, insert it onto the Twin and adjust it. You can not erase very carefully, it is enough to remove the excess (for example, the part of the foot that fell into the selection area). And do not forget to look at the original texture of the Twin (it will not come out nicely if the forearm or shoulder goes over the lash or vice versa)

9. Now, using the Eyedropper tool, "pick up" the color from the dark area of ​​the texture, where there is no metal, and paint over with the "Brush" tool the area of ​​the body where the texture inserted earlier was missing. I recommend creating a new layer and painting over it.

10. Copy from the texture Liahu sausages.

11. Adjust it and, as in the case of the body, paint over the places where the inserted texture was missing with a "Brush".

12. Next, we redraw the sole.

13. Now copy-paste the shoe and adjust it.

14. Forearm. We also copy - paste - adjust - paint over as before.

15. With this skin lucky - the hands are dark, you can just paint over. It would take a very long time to tweak each finger. And so you can simply paint over with the "Brush".

So, the texture sketch is ready. Small recommendation: Before you merge layers and save in BMP (I just use this format) I advise you to save in PSD format with all layers, it may come in handy.

Phase II. Shine.
1. To start this phase we need what I call it, the suit's lightmap. Here it is:

So, go to our texture and copy the blue from the channels tab and paste it into the irradiance map. Something like this:

Save.
2. Now the illumination of the model itself. The texture appears like this.

You can play with her. For example, I made it like this:

3. Next, we work with the unique lighting of suits in the world of 2099. It passes through the suit in waves, highlighting the pattern. Actually, here:

I decided to make this kind of highlighting:

You, of course, can make it different, I just gave an example.

Phase III. Relief
1. Open up our suit texture (if closed). Open the relief texture in parallel.

2. Go to our texture and desaturate it (command Shift + Ctrl + U). Above, select the menu "Filter"> "Stylization"> "Embossing ..."
Set the parameters as in the screenshot. Although you can play with the "Effect", see what and how.

And you press "OK".
3. Copy what you got into the "Green" channel of the terrain texture. It will look something like this:

4. Don't forget about the Alpha channel on the relief texture. So let's go back to our suit texture. Undo "Embossing ..." with Alt + Ctrl + Z keys (I had to press 3-4 times to undo it). Now select "Embossing ..." again. Ask - "Why do we need to cancel this" Embossing "if we are back to it and return" and I will answer - "Then, for the Alpha channel, we need slightly different" Embossing "parameters." So these are:

And we insert this case into Alpha -channel relief texture.

We save.

We can say that the skin is almost ready, all that remains is to fine-tune it, tighten something up and you're done.

M
Mike gens 22.12.20

A little later I will post materials for the article.

M
Mike gens 22.12.20

Yes, and one more thing under the article. I would advise lightening the irradiance map to about this level:
Spoiler
For the spider to become something like this:
Spoiler

M
Mike gens 22.12.20

!!! Important !!! I played around with the Embossing Effect for the relief and found its almost perfect value - 70 !!! Important !!!
Spoiler

M
Mike gens 22.12.20

Everything, brought to mind the skin:
Spoiler

s
solaris8611 22.12.20

Mike Gens
MANY THANKS!
the skin is just awesome came out 10/10

M
Mike gens 22.12.20

Solaris project
So the skin has not been completed yet, there seems to be no metal on the shoulder. And you are always welcome.

s
solaris8611 22.12.20

Mike Gens
is the little things of creation

s
solaris8611 22.12.20

Is the irradiance map all the layers that are embedded in the texture?
Mike gens

M
Mike gens 22.12.20

Solaris project
Made icons in the costume selection menu:
Spoiler

M
Mike gens 22.12.20

Solaris project
No, irradiance map is a separate texture. In my article, it was presented in the first step of the second phase.

s
solaris8611 22.12.20

Mike Gens
No Questions Now Time To Practice

M
Mike gens 22.12.20

Solaris project
Come on, good luck. And I went to bed.

M
Mike gens 22.12.20

Still, I got my hands on uploading materials for the article.
Here:
https://yadi.sk/d/oNaUOpZiuX5ej
Solaris project

s
solaris8611 22.12.20

Mike Gens
Thank you your help is invaluable

M
Mike gens 22.12.20

Solaris project
Don't exaggerate. I just do what I can and want. It may sound selfish, but is it a sin to help those who ask for it? I don’t think so. I only help if you ask me well.

M
Mike gens 22.12.20

Solaris project
<IMPORTANT> I certainly did not mention this, but the brightness of the irradiance map and the embossing effect are unique for each skin and must be selected empirically. <IMPORTANT>