3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
PaXa_ 22.12.20 04:43 pm

Shot Sound Range (STALKER: Call of Pripyat)

Good day, comrades. I play STALKER Call of Chernobyl. Yesterday I decided to replace the sounds of weapons with more realistic ones. The most realistic sounds I've ever heard were from Battlefield 3 (IMHO). In general, I got the sounds, reformatted it into OGG, I did everything right in general. Everything went great, sounds good. But there was a problem. I will give an example for a better understanding of my thought:
I sit in a bar and hear the sounds of shots of the debt workers. But the Dolgians shoot themselves near the exit to the Arm.Warehouses. And the problem is that these sounds are not quiet. Feeling like they are shooting right in front of me, despite the fact that they are at the other end of the location. It’s as if I’m shooting this weapon, not them. That is, for some reason I have no effect of distance. Although I haven't touched on configs. How can this absurdity be corrected? (If someone does not understand the idea, I can explain in more detail)
10 Comments
Sort by:
s
stalkerspore 22.12.20

I don’t understand anything, but I’m pestanu
well, firstly, I would like to note that realistic sounds of shots are by no means in BF, but in the third army,
and secondly, you will not get realistic sounds without touching the configs. it is necessary to somehow outline the areas, focusing on the surrounding area, to adjust the echo in this area after the shot (delay, reverb or whatever it is called). I'm not at all sure that such scripts are in the stalker. but mere mortals will not undertake to introduce such a nishtyak into SDK

M
Madevi 22.12.20

Through what did you convert? Somewhat I know, this must be done correctly through the SDK, otherwise the file does not contain a comment that is responsible for the volume. Since I have never done this, I will not say anything more about this.

D
DenS SliM ShadY 22.12.20

PaXa_,
when converting, you need to set the bitrate and frequency of the audio track

P
PaXa_ 22.12.20

stalkerspore
The fact is that super ultra realism, which would be just like in real life, I did not achieve. I just wanted to replace the weapon sounds. The problem is that the old sounds had a difference in volume when the shooting distance was changed, but the new ones did not. That is, shooting from your hand and shooting from the other end of the map do not have a difference in volume.

P
PaXa_ 22.12.20

Madevi
Via FormatFactory. Is this program not suitable? After all, the sound, that is, works. It's just that the volume does not decrease at a greater distance.

P
PaXa_ 22.12.20

stalkerspore
I wrote that I personally think the gunfire sounds in the BF3 are realistic. The opinion is my personal. Sounds in Arma are also excellent, but it seems to me that it is more difficult to get sounds from Arma than from BF3

s
strelok312 22.12.20

PaXa_ Could
you please describe all your actions?

M
Madevi 22.12.20

PaXa_, I wrote, the SDK, in addition to converting, adds a special comment to the file, which no ordinary converter does.
http://stalkerin.gameru.net/wiki/index.php?title=Sound_Editor
http://stalkerin.gameru.net/wiki/index.php?title=Sound_Editor_-_OGG_commenting

P
PaXa_ 22.12.20

strelok312
No problem. I downloaded weapon sounds from BF3 for CSS. They were in wav format. FormatFactory reformatted to ogg through the program. And then he replaced the sounds of shots of certain weapons. In general, that's all.

P
PaXa_ 22.12.20

Madevi
Thanks, I'll try.
But as far as I understand, I'll have to do everything all over again? If so, it’s a pity, because I changed the sounds for almost forty guns ...