3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
a
ashleyalicia 22.12.20 04:46 pm

Ghosts of quests (Fallout 4)

Surely many are faced with the problem of freezing in the "TASKS" tab of completed and completed quests - maybe someone knows how to get rid of them?

Example one - "to save the surviving merchants" task from Kesler from Bunker Hill, I completed it, ticks were lit at all stages of the quest, everything is fine, I completed it and reported for it - but the trouble is, it continues to hang in the tasks as on the screen nothing can be done with it

The second example - if the first jamb didn't bother me. buried deep in the miscellaneous tab, then this "Ghost" hangs at the very top and mazolite eyes. For some reason, the task about ghouls suddenly surfaced and immediately ended itself - and the information about the task remained hanging, I went to this settlement there, everything is fine, tried to talk to Preston - nothing helped the task and hangs like a ghost.

In order to avoid misunderstanding, I’ll say right away I tried the command "sqt" - there are no these tasks of ghosts in the list that appears, I found the ID of these quests - but manipulations with their ID did not give anything, it gave either "note seved" or no reaction at all.
12 Comments
Sort by:
e
evgenij84757 22.12.20

ashleyalicia
I started a new game because of this ghost
enter in the console SetStage 0015f03f 500
should help this will complete the wild ghouls quest

a
ashleyalicia 22.12.20

evgenij84757
the fact of the matter is that it is completed and, as it were, there is nothing to complete - but I tried this command earlier, nothing came of it - the ghost hangs, there seems to be a different problem, namely how to get rid of these ghosts, i.e. edit the task script and remove completed tasks from it

e
evgenij84757 22.12.20

ashleyalicia
I have no more options

K
Kirlusha 22.12.20

ashleyalicia
If there is a Creation Kit, then you can take a closer look at the chain of scripts of this quest, maybe there is something.
I had such a garbage, but disappeared after repeating the same quest for another settlement.

a
ashleyalicia 22.12.20

Kirlusha the
second day I want Preston to "respawn" this quest for me and in no way - he gives anything in a circle, but not this one, and after patches and DLC developed, they added quests like "catch a hunter" to him as tasks from PAM, even once gave the task to protect the castle from synths as in the plot and he ran into the castle with me - can this be why this quest is not given because it is hanging in my menu?

K
Kirlusha 22.12.20

ashleyalicia
Very likely.
But on the screen in the quests there is another square. sacchuari, there he is one of the first to follow the chain from the minutemans.
So is it done?
Or is it also "frozen"?

a
ashleyalicia 22.12.20

Kirlusha
Sanctuary - it doesn't hang, I don't bring it to the end on purpose from the beginning of the game so that no one would attack it, i.e. in it there is a chain of quests from five survivors - stopped at the moment to build a defense, until I complete them all, no one will attack Sanctuary. In any case, I do not quite understand what relation this quest has to another, before this freeze, the Sanctuary quest had no effect on the plot and the spawn of Preston Garvey's quests for several months.

K
Kirlusha 22.12.20

So I said right away; Creation Kit will help you. :)
However, it is very difficult to track script dependencies in quest branches (there is no special menu).
And if the quest itself (any) has an ID, then its steps (Quest Stages) - personally, I have not seen.
But, as far as I understand, if a step is somehow lost, and the quest ends, then it is possible that such a "ghost" will appear.
And then perhaps you can try to restart the quest and go through it again. True, I don't know such a command ...

a
ashleyalicia 22.12.20

Kirlusha
You are 100% right - both of my jambs lost intermediate steps, in the first case, with the task from Kesler, something was exactly lost, I don't remember what, but I still sinned about it, in the second, as I wrote above, the task itself surfaced and immediately ended itself and of course the steps were lost except the last one - in any case, restarting these quests does not roll, nor does the closing of the lost steps of the quest roll - I already scored on this, tried to roll back and replay, but the last jamb with ghouls still pops up after a while so let them hang with figs - people have worse shoals in their saves until the last byte, and if it is, then this jamb will be with you until the end)))

K
Kirlusha 22.12.20

ashleyalicia
Also, as I understand it, the game is supposed to go strictly along the chain of events. Sometimes they are visible (UFO, arrival near the door, Piper at the gates of dime city). Sometimes not.
And the jamb itself is that in some quests the developers did not provide for alternative completions of these quests (commands to go to the Quest Complete line in the script).
In principle, it is easy for developers to patch it, but so far they don’t calve with it ....
And, by the way, survival mode is also a quest. With all that it implies ... :)

O
OlegFly 22.12.20

The problem with the apartment is "to save the surviving merchants". uploaded the earliest save and there it is necessary to kill the judge and take out these prisoners, but I was in this location once and already saved them to the square and they are not there, what can I do? If I kill that Judge Toko, and I go to hand over the KV NPC, then this additional task to save the merchants remains hanging.
Don't want to play again, help me plz. Maybe somehow you can get those nps through the console and shove them in, for example: starting again and running there to look at their id, load the save and add nips through the console. But how to crank manipulations in the console?

a
ashleyalicia 22.12.20

OlegFly,
accept or load the save before you cleaned this school while walking - the passage of this quest is required strictly along the chain, first you take the task from Kesler from the banker heal, go to fulfill it, then hand it over to her - and if you cleaned this school before taking the task it will be the same bug as mine