3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
Toshnir 22.12.20 04:48 pm

Zombies in games

Let's talk about what games would you like to see the zombie apocalypse or their invasion, save the world or destroy it? I would be interested to see such a DLC for Just Cause 3 or in the Total war series.
15 Comments
Sort by:
T
Toshnir 22.12.20

Ludius69
I agree, it would be cool to fill the GTA world with zombies.

t
the endless misanthropy o 22.12.20

In no way, this is a stupid genre, at the level of shooting ducks at a dandy. Opponents are slow, it is not interesting to shoot at them, to hit them on the head with a stick. There are very fast opponents, that is, the only difference is in the speed of movement. Zombies do not show any tactics when conducting attacks, artificial intelligence does not compete with the player. This kind of gameplay is a freebie for developers, it's a pity that these games have an audience. At the same time, over the past 10 years, I can not name a single game where an Aishnik showed me how to conduct shootouts. According to the plot, a special forces detachment is against me, and it behaves like a vegetable patch. So, I would like to see the work of programmers rather than agronomists

J
Jc jensen 22.12.20

total var, by the way, is a funny idea, although it smacks of boyishness, but in any case, I don't like this topic, I prefer dark realism

T
Toshnir 22.12.20

the endless misanthropy of the black cosmos
Partly I agree, they are stupid and the tactics of the dead "meat" can not be. Let then they take not 20 to 1, but 500 to 1 and will be like zombies from the remake of the Dawn of the Dead movie, then the big challenge turns out, right. And if there is a lot of stress with the passage of the game, then it's bad for the developers, since they will not earn money. You are talking about a dumbish Aishnik. Let's say we made a game where the enemies are very smart. They come in from the flank, do not stick out, use the environment and cover competently and shoot to kill. You started playing and died, then again and again and again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again , again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again,. I wonder which one would you give up on again? And if we take into account that the main audience is teenagers who do not differ in patience, then the game will fail. It is not for nothing that any codes are sold in such terazhs. Simple gameplay, simple enemies, simple cartoon. It is not for nothing that any codes are sold in such terazhs. Simple gameplay, simple enemies, simple cartoon. It is not for nothing that any codes are sold in such terazhs. Simple gameplay, simple enemies, simple cartoon.

r
rPeBoJL 22.12.20

what is this zombie on avtar

T
Toshnir 22.12.20

rPeBoJL
Humor appreciated. I didn't notice the similarities before.

t

Toshnir

Smart enemies do not have to be many, besides there are difficulty levels that determine their number and accuracy of shooting. In the first fire, there could be three and they could lay down if they got caught in the queue, but the game was going on, including on hard.

The game becomes difficult due to serious damage inflicted by opponents, a smart enemy is not fatal

r
requiemmm 22.12.20

Herds of enemies turn the game into a booth. On a good level, there should be about five of them per level. Randomly generated, fast and smart. Why does a zombie have to be dumb? According to the scenario, the player can play against a very clever necromancer who drives these zombies.
For example, on each load, it is generated what exactly the enemy will do, where to stand and what parameters to have. That is, the player breaks into the room and gets a shovel along the ridge from the zombies standing behind the jamb. The player loads, but this time a zombie breaks in through a window ... through a hatch in the floor ... there is none at all, and in the next room there are three zombies. Why not networked, like the recent zombies? And I'm not sure that all sorts of vasyans are smarter than a well-written ai, and yes, they can sleep stupidly, why bind your schedule to them?)

t

requiemmm
Vasyan 228 is not smarter than any au, besides, Vasyans behave less adequately, strafe and jump. Of course, these techniques, coupled with a trained headshot, make Vasyan a deadly cyber warrior, but all the interest from matches with live players merges from the delirium that occurs. Those who try to play normally and rely on the choice of position and skill get rid of the jumping Vasyan

F
Frost norde 22.12.20

Zombies, as a culture, are quite good for themselves. There is something about her that attracts. But there is no reason to shove it into all available holes.

w
we get what we deserve 22.12.20

The button accordion, which was disbanded as soon as they could, isn't it?

k
kick 22.12.20

turokxxx
niet

w
we get what we deserve 22.12.20

kick
... Resident Evil, Left for Dead, Dead Island, Prototype, further to list? Even about aliens, fewer games came out.

L
LuNature 22.12.20

Accordion

M
MunchkiN 616 22.12.20

There were a lot of zombie games for a while. some zombies.
and so, in theory, the genres of shurvail and gta shaped sandbox are suitable for them,
otherwise they do not give anything special to the game. they can be like ordinary opponents or some kind of force such as undead of any
purely game where latent zombies walk during the day and zombies are hunters at night and where this is the main enemy and around this the plot is like that already bueee.