3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
p
poT9ka 22.12.20 04:49 pm

Win10 does not load after replacing the processor

Let's go in order.
On the computer, there was an old e5200 in the Gigabyte ga-p35-ds3 Dual Core, a power supply for 380, and two screws, one with a seven, on the second - the main one put a ten and everything was fine.
Then I installed the core 2 duo e8400 3.00 ghz processor instead.
I turned on the computer, everything seemed to work, I tested it in games, in general the computer worked for hours 5. but in the system dozens of them wrote that the processor was old. Then, after rebooting, windows would no longer load. Namely, it reached the Windows logo and hung tightly (without running dots), or periodically wrote that the system was being restored, but it still hung.
When booting from the second screw, the percent system sees and loads everything, everything works.

I tried to insert the USB flash drive with which I installed Windows, but the story is the same - the hanging logo.

Then he put the old percent - everything worked, put a new one again - voila, the first download is fine again, but the old percent still sees it, and after the reboot it does not load again.
help me please
24 Comments
Sort by:
S
SUSUL1 22.12.20

Recently I installed a licensed Windows on the exact same processor. but from scratch.
There were no messages about the processor's old age.
If Windows is installed from the assembly, then it is possible that something was cut off there
Anyway, try to boot Windows in safe mode and carry out updates, if it does, and if it doesn't, then download it again, then from a licensed Microsoft image (from the same flash drive install it with the protection of files and programs) and let us first download the updates and then quack it.But

first, try to start Windows with resetting the settings in the BIOS after replacing the processor =)

S
Sanchez ramirez 22.12.20

Windu needs to be re-rolled when changing the processor, with fast formatting, not over the old one.

V
Vinni-Pukh 22.12.20

Sanchez Ramirez
Nonsense, how many stones I changed, mat of boards, video cards, it was not necessary to reinstall the OS

S
Sanchez ramirez 22.12.20

Vinni-Pukh
Unfortunately, not nonsense. I faced a similar problem when I switched from AM2 to FM2 +. It was on XP, but did not want to start under the new process (the computer went into reboot without BSOD during OS boot). He began to sin on hard, but then rolled the seven and for almost a year the system has been working without a single blue screen or a hang-up.

V
Vinni-Pukh 22.12.20

Sanchez Ramirez
Was on XP hard
Well, to compare the old, dull XP, with the modern OS, which even pumps and installs the driver automatically, don't you agree that it has no meaning?

S
Sanchez ramirez 22.12.20

Vinni-Pukh
If you put it in a new way, then everything is fine. Although, it is possible that the OS did not get along with the new chipset. But now it doesn't matter anymore.

M
Mewel 22.12.20

somehow changed i7 920 for xeon. there were shoals and performance did not improve. until I rearranged Windows. then changed to xeon from 6 cores and 12 threads. old Windows showed old kernels and threads. and on tests showed a little better than the old ones. rearranged Windows from scratch and the percent immediately showed everything that he can! so, the suggestion to reinstall from scratch is the most correct one.

M
MAzh0R_VA_GIN_A_T0RIUS 22.12.20

Sanchez Ramirez
Still, I also disagree that when changing processes (for example, intel to intel), you need to install an operating system. On December 27, I replaced i5-2500K with i7-6700K + new motherboard and DDR 4 memory. Somehow it was too lazy to install Windows, drivers, programs, etc. before New Year. I just installed new hardware and installed only the drivers. Win 8.1 and Win 10 were well received and no problems. I still sit on these Windows!

V
Vinni-Pukh 22.12.20

Primal Mouseyvur
Sanchez Ramirez
I even changed the system from Athlon II X4 to 3570K, I still didn't have to install drivers

E
Eroppo 22.12.20

poT9ka
Try to reset the BIOS first of all (unplug it, remove the battery on the motherboard for 5-10 minutes)

S
Sanchez ramirez 22.12.20

Well, that means that the percentage of the process and the AXIS are different. The system will pick up from someone, but not from someone. In the case of TSa, this option seemed to me quite obvious. But I will not argue about whether it is necessary or not, either - if there is such a practice, then I believe.

s
saa0891 22.12.20

This is because the melkosoft crutches tied to the iron were screwed, Honduras.

_
_B1aD3_ 22.12.20

Once I changed from Core2Duo E4400 to Quad Q9650, no reinstallation was required. I just don't remember which axis it was.

a
asbarton 22.12.20

poT9ka
I have not tried to simply remove the stone in the device manager, then turn off the PC and put a new one and start it, but in general my friend changed the stone, there were no such problems, usually problems due to the screw try Acronis Universal Restore can help

V
VITYA_KOLYADENKO 22.12.20

Starting with Vista, changing the motherboard, in theory, required reinstalling the OS. Or maybe they could grunt this problem in some assemblies.

V

_B1aD3_ Did you
change the motherboard ? Or the 4400 was definitely on too old motherboard?

_
_B1aD3_ 22.12.20

VITYA_KOLYADENKO
Why change that there is a 775 socket and the motherboard ate. If you remember the motherboard Gigabyte P35-S3, then I changed it to Asus P5QE (on the 45m chipset and DDR3 1333hz). But with this replacement, of course, I had to change the "AXIS".

V

_B1aD3_
It's just that the P35 was not the original chipset for Core 2. For example, the P965 did not support the 1333 bus. Would it run 6850 / 8xxxx / 9xxx processors?

_
_B1aD3_ 22.12.20

VITYA_KOLYADENKO
How !? https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_P35
https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel
P965_chipset_list also supported Core2Duo-Quad 1066mhz (65nm technology)

_
_B1aD3_ 22.12.20

poT9ka
Bios last?