3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Maxim Rogalev 22.12.20 04:49 pm

Black Blood and Vampires (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

After passing through the blood and wine, the question arose - can elixir black blood kill a higher vampire or a hidden one? And if so, why doesn't Geralt use it?
23 Comments
Sort by:
g
gerasader 22.12.20

Maxim Rogalev
because a higher vampire can only be killed by another higher vampire. As far as I know, black blood is not a supreme vampire ... Moreover, even in the same DLC, black blood does not react in any way to the final boss

E
Eraser101 22.12.20

gerasader
After completing Blood and Wine, I was also curious. How did Geralt kill the highest vampire in Novigrad? While we were clearly explained in the DLC that this is impossible ... And now the question arises - did the developers forget about him or in fact he was not a supreme vampire.

g
gerasader 22.12.20

Eraser101
why do you think that Geralt killed him? We just saw how Geralt stabbed him. He could well wake up in 5 minutes, turn into a mouse and fly away)

A
Ahmed_the_Shaitan_Killer 22.12.20

Eraser101
Not the fact, of course, that he died, he could be healed and dump. Or it was not a high vampire.

E
Eraser101 22.12.20

gerasader
And because Geralt tells Buttercup (Dandelion) that he took care of the witcher's killer. It turns out before Toussaint Geralt and the whole wolf school did not know that it is impossible to kill the highest vampire? Either it's a jamb of developers, or he really grew his head and dumped.
Frontier buccaneer
As far as I know, only high vampires can shape- shift ...

z
zotac17 22.12.20

You are all confusing the varieties of higher vampires. There is such a type as katakan - a subspecies of the highest vampire, and the witcher may well kill him. There is an even more dangerous species - nosferat, but it was not shown in the game. "Full-fledged" higher vampires - such as Regis or Detlaff, as well as the ancient vampires (Hidden) cannot be killed by anyone, only if they do not arrange a massacre among themselves. Although, as I understand from the game, no one can kill the Hidden ones.

u
u3epJlu 22.12.20

zotac17 Case says. Notice who Deathlough and Regis turn into when they fight, and who the rest of the "top" vampires in the game turn into. These are clearly different species, although this is a really strange assumption.

S
SaIIIa 22.12.20

the very concept of vampires in the game The Witcher, that they can only be killed by the same higher vampires, smacks of delirium. Well, it turns out, is it some kind of race of immortal gods? Then why the hell did they forget in a world where ordinary peasants fart and plow the field? Cheto somehow doesn't match

A
ArXangel_ann 22.12.20

SaIIIa
And what is not combined here? The race of higher vampires came to the Continent during the Conjugation of the Spheres, coming from their own world TOGETHER with people and other beings.
High vampires are truly immortal, they cannot be permanently killed by any creature, except for another high vampire. Any wounds and injuries a higher vampire can regenerate within a certain period of time (the maximum known regeneration period was 50 years). However, it is possible to inflict severe damage on these creatures that the vampire will not be able to regenerate without the help of another higher vampire, i.e. by human standards, he will be dead, although not completely. The only known person who managed to defeat the highest vampire in this way was Vilgefortz of Roggeveen

S
SaIIIa 22.12.20

ArXangel_ann
the "superman" concept is the most unrealistic concept for creatures from the world of The Witcher. This concept is only good for marvel comics.

K
KanoVoxLian 22.12.20

zotac17
Hidden can only be killed by another Hidden.

A
ArXangel_ann 22.12.20

SaIIIa
Oh, yes, everyone has already understood that everything is not right for you, everything is not so

It has been said - you can kill (by human standards). After all, that other higher one, with the help of which the "killed" rotten rot is regenerated, may never appear at all, because There are only a few of the highest in the world, and it is unlikely that they all crowd in one place. So I don't see any supermen

D
Diablonos 22.12.20

ArXangel_ann The
supremely secretive by the power of thought could summon hordes of bloodsuckers from point "A" to point "B", actually a strong telepathic connection on the face.
What prevents from sending the same CoC sign after causing serious damage.
In addition, I do not think that Detlaff himself stupidly walked near the ruins of the Vilgefortz tower (which, after a fight with the vidmak, blew up witches on brooms) and purely accidentally picked a puddle-like Regis. Still writing for the mind, after killing the higher by the higher, the vampire automatically becomes cursed (aka leper) for other vampires, again as this event manifests itself except at the level of psychokinetic communication. It was not by smell that the vampires recognized Regis as a traitor.

A
ArXangel_ann 22.12.20

Diablonos
And what prevents the Highest from abandoning his brother and remaining in this world the only and unique immortal?))) The
Highest are described in the Witcher as extremely asocial creatures who prefer to live away from their own kind. And since there are very few of them, I see no problem. In addition, everything that is written in the bestiary is the observation and speculation of the witchers themselves (i.e., in reality, everything may not turn out quite so). Indeed, in Novigrad, we have already killed the highest vampire, but it turns out that he is either not the highest, or these higher ones also need to be divided into types ... In short, this is the only inconsistency in the game that the developers did not bother to explain. But again, it is logical to assume that there are so few Higher Ones that almost no one knows anything about them (and who knows, he is in the grave: D)

D
Diablonos 22.12.20

ArXangel_ann

And what prevents the Highest from abandoning its brother and remaining in this world the only and unique immortal?
The mentality of vampires aka Clans (with their own orders and foundations) that Regis mentions in one of the story quests. The higher ones are described in the Witcher as extremely asocial creatures who prefer to live away from humanoid ones. Because they are alien to their vanity, riots with the worthlessness and transience of human life, again explained by Regis. Even he himself sat his ass in the forest for hundreds of years like a spherical hermit in a vacuum. Even so, he was well aware of the affairs of the vampires and even that the Secretive lived in Toussaint. The Novigrad vampire was registered before the plot of blood and wine according to the principle "and so it will do" and 100% this is a jamb of developers, because even then they did not plan that they would develop the topic of bloodsuckers so deeply.

A
ArXangel_ann 22.12.20

Diablonos wrote:
according to the principle "and so it will come down" and 100% this is a jamb of developers
Well, not a fact. It can be assumed that at that time the witchers did not know everything about the higher vampires, or they knew, but the data were forgotten / lost. So they took Novigrad for the highest (in the concept of an immortal).
At Sapkowski himself, there are a lot of inconsistencies in creatures and elixirs, for example.
Diablonos wrote:
away from the humanoid
and from their own kind too
At the end of the XIII century. higher vampires live in isolation, alone, rarely when there are two or more creatures, which is due to both their small number and the fact that higher vampires, unlike humans, are not social creatures, and therefore they do not need other vampires for comfortable life. However, young vampires often come together in companies. In adult vampires, basically, two ways of life prevail: either a vampire, like Regis, lives in cities or villages, fitting well into human society, or, like Detlaff, prefers loneliness and solitude, sometimes - a "company" of less developed, lower vampires.

z
zotac17 22.12.20

KanoVoxLian
This is basically impossible. Because each territory has its own Hidden One, which controls its weaker relatives. Consequently, they have no interest in fighting among themselves. "The war of the gods" which you assert, in principle, cannot be)

S
SaIIIa 22.12.20

ArXangel_ann
no, boy, you do not understand, the concept of absolutely unkillable supermen is the same game as a time machine assembled in the basement. Any creature can be killed, and for this you do not need to be superior there, not superior. Such concepts already smell like nonsense and they have no place in the serious world. It's more of a boyishness, and you, schoolchildren, hawk it without hesitation

A
ArXangel_ann 22.12.20

SaIIIa
I'm a girl. Although the way you are hysterical over all sorts of trifles, I'm already starting to forget which of us two is a woman

F
Francis I 22.12.20

I remember that vampire from Novigrad himself said that he was the highest, there was no point in lying to him.

who Deathlaf and Regis turn into when they fight
Like Regis said that each higher has its own feature, it could be turning into HEX.