3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
B
BlackTea 22.12.20 04:49 pm

Can't declare war on the hegemon (Stellaris)

Hello! The story is like this. I play Ironman, I don't bother anyone, and then BAM, an empire of oppressor despots, who were an order of magnitude stronger than me. At first, it seemed, I managed to get along with them, nurturing plans to "neutralize" them, but apparently one of my closest subordinates let it slip and they set the conditions "Either you are our vassals, or we declare war." Morton's fork, in general, so I chose vassalage. Now I have pulled up economics and science (as much as possible) and, in general, I have a chance of defeating them. I'm going to declare war and then OBANA, and I signed a pact with them on mutual protection (someone betrayed me again, brute). It needs to be torn apart in order to declare a war of independence, but in order to break the pact, I need to be independent. How to be?

Spoiler

10 Comments
Sort by:
s
scorg94 22.12.20

This is a bug. What version of the game do you have? The last patches have been fixed, so you just need to update.

B
BlackTea 22.12.20

Dima Ogorodnikov
1.2.1. I can not update, because the new version crashes even without mods. Half a day of playing down the drain?

s
scorg94 22.12.20

BlackTea
Once played in Ironman - then yes, unless you can try to edit this save, but I doubt it will help your problem. Does the game crash when loading a save on a new version?

B
BlackTea 22.12.20

Dima Ogorodnikov
I have already found a solution. You need to find the file along the path Stellaris common diplomatic_actions and replace everything in it with what is indicated in the link http://forumcontent.paradoxplaza.com/public/182045/00_actions_FIXED.txt

F
Fosa1990 22.12.20

And you have not tried to "ASK FOR INDEPENDENCE", fulfill all the conditions, and then you will come out of submission, and in 10 years you will be able to "declare war"

B
BlackTea 22.12.20

Fosa1990
What are the conditions if they just send me to the stump? Is there -50 (base) and nothing else?

r
ra77767 22.12.20

How can you lose independence like that? I fought offensive wars against such powerful enemies and won.

B
BlackTea 22.12.20

ra77767
I did not have missile defense systems, but they have 90% of weapons - missile torpedoes.

r
ra77767 22.12.20

BlackTea
This suggests that it is very important to have a pro at the beginning of the game.

B
BlackTea 22.12.20

ra77767
I know about it. But they simply did not fall out.