3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
k
killycrok 22.12.20 04:56 pm

DirectX 12 (Deus Ex: Mankind Divided)

Hello, I want to know if this game will only be on DX 12, or will there be support for DX 11? Thank you in advance.
33 Comments
Sort by:
S
Setesh 22.12.20

nonsense of course, there will be DX11 and x64 in minimal salaries

d
deIIis 22.12.20

There is not a single game yet, oh yes, Quantum break, tk. exclusive for W10, where only DX 12 is required.
Deus Ex, in general, uses the engine from the previous part.

k
killycrok 22.12.20

Setesh
deIIis I
just read somewhere, they say there will be only DX 12, because Adam's beautiful and smooth beard does not work on other DirectX.

K
KAPRAL27 22.12.20

there is a quantum break that only goes to 12.

k
killycrok 22.12.20

Setesh
And Quantum Break? There is only DX 12)))

w
warp 37 22.12.20

Even if the game had only DirectX 12, all cards, starting from the 400th and 7000th series, are software-supported.

And it would be even better if the developers ditched DX11 in favor of a new version, fully focusing their efforts on a full implementation of DX12.

P
Pritchard 22.12.20

Seriously, we saw something on DX12, at least just a little bit. And Edos are like that, but let's make a game so that users of the most popular DX technology, but the development of software and hardware, could use it, let us pay for advertising, but what about sales, because three copies of the game will not recoup the costs. Don't give a damn we're proud. let's be like Wu Tang

d
deIIis 22.12.20

killycrok
If the game requires W7, then there is DX11.

k
killycrok 22.12.20

warp 37
Nvidia cards do not work well with DirectX 12, when I turned it on in Rise Of The Tomb Raider, I had a bug in the Temple. There all the textures have disappeared, and on DX 11 norms. Most likely, nothing like this will happen in this game, but I still don't really want to check it.
deIIis
That's what scares you that the system requirements have not yet been announced.

w
warp 37 22.12.20

killycrok, the fact that cards up to the 1000th series do not normally support DX12 - I know.

But RotTR is the problem with the optimization of the game itself, not the API.

f
febll 22.12.20

DX12 will be there, but 11 will be enough for the game.

k
killycrok 22.12.20

warp 37
This texture disappeared on GTX 1080. It was fine on the GTX 750TI. Don't defend DX 12, in Hitman I crash on any map at 12 directives in 10 minutes.
febll
Well, I hope, otherwise I don't trust the twelfth.

w
warp 37 22.12.20

killycrok, Hitman's DX12 implementation is even worse.

Quantum Break aside, Microsoft games with DX12 are optimized just fine.

k
killycrok 22.12.20

warp 37
Here is Total War Warhamer, on DX 12 the norms work, but only on the GTX 1080, and on the 750TI there are serious FPS drawdowns.

w
warp 37 22.12.20

killycrok, Maxwell (especially the first generation, which is the GTX 750 Ti) does not support asynchronous computations and is generally bad with DX12. DX12 only supports Pascal normally.

k
killycrok 22.12.20

warp 37
Okay, let's say Pascal works better on DX 12, but it doesn't matter what is there on DX 12, what is not on the eleventh. There is no improvement in graphics, there is no increase in FPS (Quite the opposite), the 12th is worse than the 11th.

G
GG4 22.12.20

killycrok
DX12 shifts some of the load from the processor to the graphics card. In other words, dx12 makes sense only if you have a weak processor and a powerful video card, but if the processor pulls 60 fps with dx11, then there is no point in turning on 12. The same with a video card, if your card does not pull 60 fps on dx11, then on dx12 fps it will be even lower due to additional. load.

k
killycrok 22.12.20

GG4
The processor of norms, map of norms, games with DX 11 pulls at 60+ fps, but the bugs that DX 12 creates are outrageous. Of course, I understand that DX 12 is still being patched into games, and in games completely created on DX 12, everything can change, but even so there should be some effect, and not crashes in HITMAN. And in this game, there will definitely no longer be full support for DX 12, the engine does not allow, but rather there will be partial support. For example: Displaying a realistic beard (Typo Hairworks), rays, etc. And it is not profitable for developers to prioritize DX 12, because DX 12 only supports Windows 10, which not all users have ... Rather, DX 12 in Deus Ex will be in the form of exclusive effects.

A
Alexey Chichigin 22.12.20

warp 37
If the developers want to release their brainchild for the entire PC audience, then they will have to do both at 7 and at 10, since not everyone is ready to get off the 10 now. She is too flawed.

f
febll 22.12.20

killycrok
Why? It is as transitional as the 10th in its time.