3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
Y
Your little brother 22.12.20 05:17 pm

GTX 950 heats up idle.

The bottom line is that the MSI GTX 950 with two screws costs two weeks for the video card, at first its temperature was 30-35 degrees, but one fine day the card began to warm up to 56 degrees in idle time, and almost completely freezes at this point.
What could be the problem?
16 Comments
Sort by:
Y
Your little brother 22.12.20

Screenshot from MSI Afterburner.

-
--- VENOM --- 22.12.20

Heat outside and in the apartment? Are both fans spinning? Is the thermal paste between the percent and CO visible, and if so, does it contact the entire percent over the area? Maybe there was a fan in the case that blew on her, and you took it off, or some other that removed?

Y

--- VENOM ---
There is no particular heat .
The screws turn only in games, for silent mod. And the card without screws did not heat up above ~ 38, and now, in order to bring it down to this temperature, you have to set the screws to 100%.
I don't know about thermal paste, but the heat pipes and the radiator are very hot.

Y

And her back part sags a little, which really jars me.

s
saa0891 22.12.20

Your brother wrote:
at first its temperature was 30-35 degrees, but one fine day the card began to warm up to 56 degrees in idle time, and almost completely freezes at this point.
Maybe you screwed it up in Afterburner.

Your brother wrote:
And her back part sags a little, which makes me very jarring.
So it should be screwed to the case.

-
--- VENOM --- 22.12.20

Then look at the sites where tests of such a video card or at least a similar one (although I think somewhere, but you will find your own) voltage on the process and compare it with your own, if it is not the same, there may be a problem in the BIOS of the video card, and you need to update it, or take it to sc. I also heard that there are such problems when the power supply unit starts to drop its hooves. On some lines, it does not give full nutrition, then on the contrary - it exceeds. Although, of course, other problems cannot be ruled out, such as a breakdown of the mat. fees for example. This is a camputeer)

Y

saa0891
GPU-Z showed the same temperature.

Y

Moreover, the temperature in games practically did not change.

K
KPOT. 22.12.20

It sounds silly, but try to check for viruses ... Last year on gtx760 I ran into the same problem. Was warming up to 70 in idle time. I took it to the guarantee, they took it for verification, immediately bought myself a new gtx960. Installed - the same crap, in idle somewhere up to 65 ... Checked for viruses - issued some kind of crap. Reinstalled Windows - everything was in order, 35-40 in idle time.
by the way, the money for the previous video card was returned))

s
saa0891 22.12.20

KPOT. wrote: it
will sound silly, but try to check for viruses ...
The graph shows that his GPU is not loaded.

-
--- VENOM --- 22.12.20

By the way, in addition to what I advised above, try to install an older driver. They messed up something in the latter, now, for example, the owners of all Giraffe video cards (if not all of the majority) see dots on the characters in GTA5, maybe after the driver update you started this.

S
Sonic268 22.12.20

Your brother, take
my advice to the store, and explain to the seller the problem of the video card

Y

I reinstalled shindovs, the card stopped warming.
Mdeeeeeee

V
VITYA_KOLYADENKO 22.12.20

Your brother
Did you look for viruses?

Y

VITYA_KOLYADENKO The
map was not loaded when it was warming up, it's not about them.